Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-01-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.Be a gentleman and get the parent's blessing.

I am for this 100%. My wife had not seen her father for 10 years and did not have a picture perfect relationship with her mother. I made sure I at least called and spoke with them about the whole situation. after the call they gave me their blessing.

2. Do something either EPIC or with class.

I took my wife to Russian Gultch beach in California (My great-grand father assisted in drawing the blue-prints for the huge bridge that is there by the way if any of you know where I'm talking about). I took her to this huge bluff over looking the ocean, got down on one knee and proposed. We married a year later in the same small church my parents were married in. My father had just returned from Vietnam and wore his Class A's for the wedding. I wore mine at my wedding as well. We have my parent's wedding pictures right next to ours in a photo album.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I took her to this huge bluff over looking the ocean, got down on one knee and proposed.
you cant really go wrong with breath-taking views as backgrounds.

I always figured, if I had proposed to the ex, I would have done it in Galveston, on the beach. Her grandparents live there and her grandfather designed a TON of stuff on the island, so it holds a special meaning to her.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 02-02-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my girlfriend's been acting pretty weird lately. Basic backstory, we've been dating off and on for 4 and a half years ish, I've posted about her here before. She's broken up with me the last few times, most recently being very end of 2009. We elected to get back together a few weeks later, and she's been off recently, just not herself, and neither of us has been all that happy.

Now she turned 21 in December, but does not drink at all. Doesn't like the taste, didn't even go out for her 21st. We've been a little on the rocks since getting back together but nothing awful I thought. I find out this weekend she's going to spend the weekend at school which she only has done when she's upset with me. Going to her friend's 21st birthday party, which apparently she was going to avoid before we broke up. Just found out she's been drinking, so presumably she's going to be staying there with guys (her only friends at school are guys and a lot of them are into her) and who knows what she's doing because she doesn't drink at all and nobody's going to have her stop because most of them are into her as I said. I'm pretty nervous about this whole situation because she's a huge part of my life and I feel like she's intentionally trying to piss me off and at this point going to break up with me very soon.

Any advice/thoughts? This is all way out of character for her and I'm upset...not because what she's doing is wrong because it's pretty standard for people our age but it's just very out of character as I said. I know this seems like a huge overreaction but it's hard to explain without knowing her.

Last edited by derza222 : 02-06-2010 at 10:42 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She's gonna get gang banged
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
She's gonna get gang banged
Lol thanks BOE that helped loads.

I feel like I've been overreacting and I'm actually feeling a lot better thinking about it...I'm really more worried about her motivations behind doing it than what she's doing actually
Old 02-06-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you broke up before, what's going to stop her from doing it again? what motivation is there for her to be loyal to you if she knows she can come back to you whenever she wants?

Old 02-07-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
if you broke up before, what's going to stop her from doing it again? what motivation is there for her to be loyal to you if she knows she can come back to you whenever she wants?
I mean it's kind of complicated, a lot of our issues have been about my inability to spend time with her when she wants me to. She's actually got no issue with me as a person, it's a lot of peripheral and family stuff. She at least cared about me very much, the breakup was awful for us both, we talked about it at one point and she bawled the majority of the time it was pretty obvious she was hurting. And she's never played games or cheated before, which is why this is just so strange. Point taken though, just figured I'd explain a little more.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry dude. Sounds like she is being an attention grabbing ***** that she does things KNOWINGLY to irk you. I'd dump the broad regardless. I hate people that do that whether its a woman, a friend or family member. Like my mom, loves to send me texts on Fridays and Saturday nights at like 11 PM sayingdont get to drunk. She knows it pisses me off and she does it. She may care about me be ******* christ stop annoying the **** out of me on purpose!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Sorry dude. Sounds like she is being an attention grabbing ***** that she does things KNOWINGLY to irk you. I'd dump the broad regardless. I hate people that do that whether its a woman, a friend or family member. Like my mom, loves to send me texts on Fridays and Saturday nights at like 11 PM sayingdont get to drunk. She knows it pisses me off and she does it. She may care about me be ******* christ stop annoying the **** out of me on purpose!
I mean listen at this stage of the game it's pretty reasonable for a 21 year old to go out and drink with friends...it's just weird for her. But I think it would be kind of controlling for me to ask her not to do that. While do think she's kind of playing games now this is the first time, so I'd like to try to get a feel for why and if this is going to continue. Not like this is standard procedure at all. But either way it's been too long to let go that easily.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I mean listen at this stage of the game it's pretty reasonable for a 21 year old to go out and drink with friends...it's just weird for her. But I think it would be kind of controlling for me to ask her not to do that. While do think she's kind of playing games now this is the first time, so I'd like to try to get a feel for why and if this is going to continue. Not like this is standard procedure at all. But either way it's been too long to let go that easily.
Maybe she is trying to actually experience life and have fun rather than being that girl that has had a bf for X amouont of years. I know a lot of girls who had bf's all throughout college and now they are out of college and regret not enjoying themselves more.

But i get you on the not letting go that easy part. Definatly just be cautious and watch for anything. just dont let it dominate your life.
Quote:
Old 02-07-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Maybe she is trying to actually experience life and have fun rather than being that girl that has had a bf for X amouont of years. I know a lot of girls who had bf's all throughout college and now they are out of college and regret not enjoying themselves more.

But i get you on the not letting go that easy part. Definatly just be cautious and watch for anything. just dont let it dominate your life.
I hope that isn't the case, but if it is maybe it'll all be for the better. Have to stay at least somewhat optimistic about it. It's still going to be tough because she really does make me happy and she's also my best friend. I could see that being the case, it would just be such a dramatic shift from the way she's been. Makes some sense based on the way she's been the last few weeks though.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:34 AM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude she could be acting like this because of those mentioned friends that want her bad. I know in my experience I have had guys who wanted my chick, try to seperate us by putting thoughts in her head, or making up stuff, or even creating problems that never existed just to see if they can break us up so she is back on the market. Im not saying you should be super jealous or over protective, because you will push her farther away from you. My advice to you is just be cautious about these dudes because they could be trying to pull **** to get her ass on the market again, so she can be free game.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:27 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am drunk. i am going to confess my love throught text message.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:38 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
Do it, take pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
how did that work out, Romeo?

Old 02-07-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm going to Vegas this week for the whole week. My girl and my daughter are gonna be there on Tuesday. Here's the thing.. There was this girl that I hooked up with a while back and I never officially broke it off with as I stopped talking to her a while back. I know she is bound to be wherever I'm at because she is a family friend. How would you guys handle the situation? or deal with the awkwardness?

I would do it through text or phone but it seems like she'd take it the wrong way. Do I just leave it alone and enjoy my short vacation or address it head on and let her know before my girl arrives?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd sy this:
Quote:
address it head on and let her know before my girl arrives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
how did that work out, Romeo?
"hahaha whatt"

Gets 'em every time.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derza that safest play you can make it to try to tag along. Say that you are going to miss her or something...and subtly hint that you can tag along. That way she can go out and have a blast but still be with you at the end of the night. I find it hard to let my gf go out alone...but as long as I'm with her at the end of the night I guess it's the best way for myself to let it happen. I'm not always like that...but when I sense something shaddy or out of the ordinary that is the best way to eliminate doubt.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
So I'm going to Vegas this week for the whole week. My girl and my daughter are gonna be there on Tuesday. Here's the thing.. There was this girl that I hooked up with a while back and I never officially broke it off with as I stopped talking to her a while back. I know she is bound to be wherever I'm at because she is a family friend. How would you guys handle the situation? or deal with the awkwardness?

I would do it through text or phone but it seems like she'd take it the wrong way. Do I just leave it alone and enjoy my short vacation or address it head on and let her know before my girl arrives?
"Breaking up is painful. I mean, why hurt someone when you can just let it drag on forever?"
Old 02-07-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Derza that safest play you can make it to try to tag along. Say that you are going to miss her or something...and subtly hint that you can tag along. That way she can go out and have a blast but still be with you at the end of the night. I find it hard to let my gf go out alone...but as long as I'm with her at the end of the night I guess it's the best way for myself to let it happen. I'm not always like that...but when I sense something shaddy or out of the ordinary that is the best way to eliminate doubt.
That's great advice and I definitely would...only issue there is I go to school 2 hours away from her. We're gonna talk later today so I'll see how that goes but she's not exactly the sorry type so it should be interesting. Appreciate the input though.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I know I can talk to girls, I KNOW I can. I can talk my way through anything, and I'm not one of those quiet guys. I just can never think of that first word. for some reason I just think it looks weird to talk to a girl that you've never seen out of nowhere. If I got over that, I would be so prime. I think I need to understand that half of these girls are out here for the same reason I am. It's something I need to work on.
Just say something witty to get their attention. Don't use cheesy pick up lines or anything, but something clever. Like "Hey I have that same purse, good thing I didn't wear it out tonight. That would of been awkward." She'll probably laugh and now your in. Sounds like you're afraid of failure or looking stupid. You can't worry about that stuff, if she thinks it's dumb chances are she'll forget about you in about 3 seconds.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Just say something witty to get their attention. Don't use cheesy pick up lines or anything, but something clever. Like "Hey I have that same purse, good thing I didn't wear it out tonight. That would of been awkward." She'll probably laugh and now your in. Sounds like you're afraid of failure or looking stupid. You can't worry about that stuff, if she thinks it's dumb chances are she'll forget about you in about 3 seconds.
That is excellent! I might just borrow that one.. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
That is excellent! I might just borrow that one.. :)
You can also say it about their shoes, shirt etc. Girls spend a lot of time picking out that type of stuff so it's funny and they are flattered.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
maybe i'm a classless punk, but i never understood taking the in-laws out to eat or making a formal event out of asking them. I think, as long as you ask them for their blessing, you're good to go.

might be the wrong guy to ask. I had the talk with my in-laws while vacationing with them in Mexico. The only time I could get them alone was when they were sick in bed. So, I snuck up to their hotel room from the beach and was just lucky enough to catch them between episodes of projectile diarrhea.
I for one, will not be asking the parents for a blessing. It is not their life, it is not their choice. But the type of girls I go for would get offended if I asked the parents before asking her. I find the traditional ways of proposing(and getting married) ridiculous. No diamond, no asking for a blessing, no giant wedding. If the girl insists on something traditional, I think I will ask where my dowry is.