Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-28-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Excuse the frustration and impatience, but god I hate this ****. I finally leave my shell and start talking to this girl on Friday. We really talk for a while, and I get her number. I ended up adding her on FB last night. I text her an hour and a half ago and no response. I don't know who the **** I thought I was, but man this sucks when I haven't legitimately tried going after a girl in probably a year. Should have known better
A rule you need to learn: Girls will expect you to always answer your phone/text back. Girls will sometimes not next you back/answer for no reason besides the fact that they are women.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did you text her?
Old 03-28-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
A rule you need to learn: Girls will expect you to always answer your phone/text back. Girls will sometimes not next you back/answer for no reason besides the fact that they are women.
Truer words have never been spoken

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
You're putting the ***** on a pedestal.
^^^ This pretty much sums it up.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
What did you text her?
I was just like "Sooo hey what's up this is ___ from Friday haha" or something like that
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

side note: was "from Friday" necessary? kinda contextualizes you, ya know?

not that that's a big deal, or that I'm an expert at this.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree... for future reference I'd probably avoid that.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, probably could have down without the "Sooo" too. Not a huge deal, but for future reference.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Update: she wrote on my wall on Facebook saying she was sorry for not texting me back. I'm confus

Last edited by Vikes99ej : 03-28-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Update: she wrote on my wall on Facebook saying she was sorry for not texting me back. I'm confus
You are putting entirely way to much thought into this situation. You talked to a girl and got her number, congrats. But adding her on facebook and texting her once doesn't mean you're engaged. Relax and let things run their natural course. Over analyzing every minute detail is only going to give you an ulcer.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
You are putting entirely way to much thought into this situation. You talked to a girl and got her number, congrats. But adding her on facebook and texting her once doesn't mean you're engaged. Relax and let things run their natural course. Over analyzing every minute detail is only going to give you an ulcer.
I don't know how to do that, unless I get anti-anxiety medication haha. I've always focused on logic and reasoning. I'm cursed :/
Old 03-29-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is all rather textbook, dude. No need to stress.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you confused? That's perfectly normal. She seems polite enough and interested enough. What's the big deal?

you're overthinking this.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know how to do that, unless I get anti-anxiety medication haha. I've always focused on logic and reasoning. I'm cursed :/
I used to be that way too and it only lead to drinking for me.

Its rather easy to not overthink the situation. DON'T DO IT! Occupy your time elsewhere. Play a game, read a book, listen to music.

If you stay on this path you're never getting the girl.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

My biggest problem: I think all routes lead to the friendzone, and I don't know how to avoid it. I know I can be smooth if I'm in the right situation. I have trouble initiating though and getting motivated enough.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My biggest problem: I think all routes lead to the friendzone, and I don't know how to avoid it. I know I can be smooth if I'm in the right situation. I have trouble initiating though and getting motivated enough.
There is no right situation, there's just situations. If you think about avoiding the friendzone then the battle is lost. Just chill out man and let things happen.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-29-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
This is all rather textbook, dude. No need to stress.
that might be the greatest pun in the history of this site. text-book. text. facebook. yet its textbook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference between the friend zone and the happy zone is a shot of Tequila or a trip to Maine "for lobster" (and hopefully not crabs). Your choice.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:33 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

since this seems to be up and running agian anyone got any advice on this one? it was from a few days back talking about having friends of the oppsite sex. not a big deal just kinda wanting othes opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
It's my friend not her's. The tricky thing is that we have never meet in person. We started talking as friends on facebook then she deleted her account and now we talk via text.

I have a gf and things are going real good and have been dating her for over 4 months. So I have no attention of cheating on her. She knows I have a gf and the last time we talked she had a bf and was happy also. So after not talking to her for about a week (we was talking everyday) she emails me out of the blue today and says how she just about called me last night to ask if I wanted to come over and watch a movie as friends.

My gf just lost 60 lbs so is still self conscious about her looks and weight. I say this bc in her mind that will be a issue im sure. While my friend is this real small petite pretty blonde. This has came up two times in the past. Once she said she didnt want me to go which i understood bc the girl had feelings for me. The other time she didnt have a problem with it and hung out with another friend and everything was fine.

I told her if she wanted to start hanging out in person I would have to go over with my gf so she didnt think i was going behind her back. My friend has been going through alot of stuff lately so I could see her wanting to be just friends.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I have been digging this girl and kind of want to just be straight up direct. As in, (in essence) do you see this happening/ are you interested. I'm not one for games any more.

We're cool, same group of friends, went to prom together. Not able to make a move at prom because her mom wouldn't let her do anything after and there wasn't much, if any, one on one time.

Good idea or bad idea?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you try using logic and reason to explain why women do things you're in for a headache.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
since this seems to be up and running agian anyone got any advice on this one? it was from a few days back talking about having friends of the oppsite sex. not a big deal just kinda wanting othes opinion
IMHO it is difficult for any reasonably attractive person to be friends with another reasonably attractive person of the opposite sex without one of the people developing some feelings for the other.

As a married man I personally keep female friendships in the context of my wife. As in, I'll be friends with the wife/girlfriend/sister of one of my friends, or I'll be friendly to one of my wife's friends, but I wouldn't go to a movie with any of them by myself.

For you it is different. You aren't married and don't have kids so you have a degree of freedom I don't. It all depends on how much you care about your gf's feelings. If you like her enough you might have to give up friendship with your hot blonde female friend.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So me and my baby's mama were at a big wedding and while the brides maids were coming out and being introduced I said about one of them: "Oh that girls pretty" and so my girl turns to me and says "Well go get her pregnant then.. asshole". I didn't know what to say so there was a awkward silence for like 15 minutes hhahahahaha

Rule: When with a girl.. All other girls will not and cannot be commented on unless comment is negative lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can't use reason and logic to explain why women do the things they do, because there is no reason and logic to why women do things. I can tell you are a very tense guy, losen up a bit and just talk to her. Don't overthink anything, just be calm and don't tense up in the situation. Girls like guys that act very natural.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BJJ3rd
Rookie

BJJ3rd BJJ3rd BJJ3rd BJJ3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
never visited this thread but just decided to check it out...

this post here makes a very good point though in my mind. i'm a senior in high school so girls are a big part of my life. i feel as if i'm fine with them as i'm currently in a relationship that has lasted over a year and a half, but my best friend is the complete opposite practically. he too is a senior, but he has never even held a girls hand and up until around november he had never even hugged a girl haha. but yeah he keeps asking me for advice because there is this girl he kinda likes now. every single little thing he does, he worries about though. i just thinks its best if you live life as you normally would. BE YOURSELF. and if the girl likes you for who you are, then things will work out for the best. if she doesn't like you for who you are, then its a good thing you two didn't start anything up. but have fun with dating. its supposed to be enjoyable, not necessarily stressful...although at times it will be lol

Sig By BoneKrusher
BJJ3rd is offline   Reply With Quote