Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-23-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you are, IDK you either are or you are going to get laid next time.

anyone today I saw that one girl I talked about earlier in this thread, I kinda backed down since she was w/ this travis barker wanna be doing some HW. After a coupe of beers tonight I decided I am tired of being a ******* ***** when it comes to women. I posted many questions here back in the day looking for some magic line, I realized that its all in your confidence w/ women.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:19 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Anyways, I'm thinking that she is hinting at that we'll cuddle again this weekend (I don't mind it at all, nice to have someone there), and so that makes me ask, am I really in the friend zone?
You are one of two things:

1) So far in the friend zone that she'll hang out pants-less around you.

2) She's teasing you and thinking about ******* you if you act the right way.

What the "right way" to act is depends on the girl. And if you don't know (there is no way to know), best of luck to you.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm... we are swimmers...
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You are one of two things:

1) So far in the friend zone that she'll hang out pants-less around you.

2) She's teasing you and thinking about ******* you if you act the right way.

What the "right way" to act is depends on the girl. And if you don't know (there is no way to know), best of luck to you.
This is the truth.

Unfortunately there are very few things women control in life outside the kitchen, sex is one of them and at this point it seems she is in control over whether something will happen or not.

I'd say if you kind of play-off the cocky funny role by playfully teasing her that night and somehow manage to get her thinking only about wanting to sleep beside you all night, you will have a chance. Don't think the nice guy role will work on this one but also at the same time you can't be too cocky or arrogant cause you might drive her away.

But if you do end up under the same blanket, let her make the first move, and if that means she turns over to stare at you and her lips come within 3 inches of yours...she wants you.

Tough task ahead of you good sir.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys watching movies or TV while cuddling?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I think you are, IDK you either are or you are going to get laid next time.

anyone today I saw that one girl I talked about earlier in this thread, I kinda backed down since she was w/ this travis barker wanna be doing some HW. After a coupe of beers tonight I decided I am tired of being a ******* ***** when it comes to women. I posted many questions here back in the day looking for some magic line, I realized that its all in your confidence w/ women.
It is oftentimes difficult to step out of you're element and approach a girl for conversation but what guys have to realize is girls are mostly just as shy and reluctant as a man is.

The effect of having an energy/confidence about you is so often played down these days for things like looks but I feel the way you portray yourself has a much bigger impact. Having that energy about you will make women comfortable around you and make it easier for them to step out of their element and talk.

A good way to get around this confidence issue is to approach any and all women, or even men too, in a social environment and just have friendly discussions. Do not think about getting in their pants, just talk, smile, make a few jokes, relate to something they say, get their names and get out. This will get you comfortable talking to new people and build the confidence you need so in the future you will be able to show your 'value' to women through innocent conversation and they may want to further things with you.

stephenson86

Last edited by JF4 : 04-23-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
A good way to get around this confidence issue is to approach any and all women, or even men too, in a social environment and just have friendly discussions. Do not think about getting in their pants, just talk, smile, make a few jokes, relate to something they say, get their names and get out. This will get you comfortable talking to new people and build the confidence you need so in the future you will be able to show your 'value' to women through innocent conversation and they may want to further things with you.
THIS THIS THIS!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So theres a girl Id love to birddog in my public speaking class. Only bad thing is she is very good friends with a girl I dated.... back when I was a sophmore in high school. Anyway this situation would turn out good for me?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
So theres a girl Id love to birddog in my public speaking class. Only bad thing is she is very good friends with a girl I dated.... back when I was a sophmore in high school. Anyway this situation would turn out good for me?
Yeah you can birddog both of them at the same time.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd say a threesome would be a good turn out.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Yeah you can birddog both of them at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'd say a threesome would be a good turn out.
Silly rabbits, I meant for an actual relationship! Silly silly.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are you in high school? if so, there is no good alternative. drama will ensue.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Work it right before summer break so you don't have to deal with the drama.

During the summer would work too.

stephenson86
Old 04-24-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Nah im in college now, and I finally asked my teacher the girls name. And ill work on it soon, im trying to devise a way that my ex and her don't talk during the layover.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did someone say birddog?

Old 04-24-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nah im in college now, and I finally asked my teacher the girls name. And ill work on it soon, im trying to devise a way that my ex and her don't talk during the layover.
Asked the teacher her name? Original, but I don't know if I like it.

Seems like you are thinking too much about this, and trying to set up a perfect plan for meeting here. Usually never works out the way you want. I say do not over think a wheel or it will just spin out of control and you will loose it.

stephenson86
Old 04-24-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well my gf and i had a talk and she wants to think if she wants to still be with me. I have my money on she will become my first ex. Thoughts on what it means when a girl wants to think about it?
Old 04-24-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
well my gf and i had a talk and she wants to think if she wants to still be with me. I have my money on she will become my first ex. Thoughts on what it means when a girl wants to think about it?
it is over. cut ties & move on. don't wait on her indecisive mind.

also, prepare for an avalanche of bull **** drama.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Did someone say birddog?

That thing looks proud to be a birddog

Old 04-24-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Haha, no offense but that is a ***** move by her and shows she is not worth the time or effort by you. Do as brent said.

Just recently broke off my first real relationship as well after it kind of snowballed. Honestly, being single a great feeling 95% of the time for the first little while. But the other 5% its kind of hard to grasp not having someone to hang out with and do all that cheesy gf/bf ****.

Got over that pretty quickly though with a couple trips to the bar and 1 and a half months into the break up I truly feel like a new man, don't regret it whatsoever.

Unfortunately, like brent said, after break up drama will soon follow. Just try and move on as best as possible.

stephenson86
Old 04-24-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Be the steak.. shes fallin' for hot dogs and hamburgers. Be the steak

Old 04-24-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sure how okay with that you are since you didn't say, but if you do not want it to end I would just suggest that if she breaks it to you (My bet is she will say its not you its me but we can be friends) you have to react without care or indifference. There is nothing you can say to change her mind, she has mentally prepared for you to try that and its useless.

However if you just get up and leave and don't discuss it further, that is enough to bother a lot of normal younger girls.

I'm not saying it is guaranteed, but you aren't going to do yourself any good otherwise.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

long story short as to what she is now telling me, she was kicked out of her mother's house, her dad is selling his parents, his, and her mom's house and they are moving. IMO, it is over without her actually saying it. Thoughts?
Old 04-25-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
long story short as to what she is now telling me, she was kicked out of her mother's house, her dad is selling his parents, his, and her mom's house and they are moving. IMO, it is over without her actually saying it. Thoughts?
Not knowing the whole scenario and just commenting on the last couple, she may well be overwhelmed with all this and wants time because she doesn't want to worry about hurting or inflicting drama on you. Sounds like there is a lot of turmoil and unknown going on with her family and living situations, and that is going to cause some varying degrees of emotions. She may well just be trying to be a stand up person by asking for time because she doesn't feel she can deal with all thats going on with that and a relationship with you.

Honestly my advice is, if you care for and about the girl, ride out the wave. Give her time and space, but also let her know that you care and are there for her. Not just for perks of a relationship, but there for her with emotional support too. Don't focus on whether or not the relationship is tanking, but just focus on supporting her and giving her some relief.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Not knowing the whole scenario and just commenting on the last couple, she may well be overwhelmed with all this and wants time because she doesn't want to worry about hurting or inflicting drama on you. Sounds like there is a lot of turmoil and unknown going on with her family and living situations, and that is going to cause some varying degrees of emotions. She may well just be trying to be a stand up person by asking for time because she doesn't feel she can deal with all thats going on with that and a relationship with you.

Honestly my advice is, if you care for and about the girl, ride out the wave. Give her time and space, but also let her know that you care and are there for her. Not just for perks of a relationship, but there for her with emotional support too. Don't focus on whether or not the relationship is tanking, but just focus on supporting her and giving her some relief.
i would agree with you, but she doesn't actually want to hang out with me. She would rather be with her friends then me.