Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've actually got a good feeling in regards to your situation OSU.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks yfs. I really hope it works out. I got a good feeling about it too.

P.s. I'm so happy youre back in the off-topic thread. I legit signed that petition like 9 times.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I just got a good idea. Our school is having culture week soon and if I setup a table I get extra credit in Spanish. My Spanish teacher is Italian and so is the girl I like. I might ask the girl if she is seting up a table(almost all the teachers offer it as extra help) and if she says yes ask her if I can help cause I need the extracred, and if she says no, ask her if she can help me set up the Italy table.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread needs to be renamed to "OSUGiants17's Relationship Advice Thread." I really hope this ish works out for you man. Just go hard.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

lol, I really didn't start asking for advice until this week. And thanks man, I hope it does too

Old 05-21-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU, go after it on this situation. However, as a High School Soph. don't be overly concentrated with the friend zone. You have to draw a line on some cases, but be satisfied with a couple of girl friends. Someone you can just be easy and cool with. Don't hang all over her but just have someone you can chat with and learn to be more comfortable around girls. Find out what works, what they like, etc. Girls generally have similar mindsets on things.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I have a few girl friends, and I know exactly what you mean man. Thanks for the help guys, I will keep ya'll updated

Old 05-21-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think my girlfriend is a delusional person. It's like she feels her opinions are facts. I just give up on fighting with her sometimes. She has no ******* respect for logic and rationality. This kind of stuff doesn't make me feel guilty for my infidelity.

End rant.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I'm starting to think my girlfriend is a delusional person. It's like she feels her opinions are facts. I just give up on fighting with her sometimes. She has no ******* respect for logic and rationality. This kind of stuff doesn't make me feel guilty for my infidelity.

End rant.
That pretty much sums up 90% of girls.

My advice, laugh it off and know that this will bite her in the ass later in life.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
You: "You have pretty eyes."
Her: "Thanks..."
Background: *crickets*
why would you compliment something she cannot control?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the idea of instead of just having the female footstool there but instead to start going after that too a bad idea?
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Lol, very true. I will stay away from the eye and smile compliments(for now)

Old 05-22-2010, 09:31 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why wouldn't you compliment something she cannot control?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Well the only time I should complement something she can't control is if she is self consious about it

Old 05-22-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Well the only time I should complement something she can't control is if she is self consious about it
No, you shouldn't compliment those things, cause she'll think you're just saying things to be nice or to try to make her not be self-conscious. But no matter what you say about the traits about her you like but she doesn't like, it won't change the way she feels about herself.

If you're wanting to truly compliment her to make her feel better about herself, not use them as a way to show that you look past what faults she has, then complimenting something about her that she likes about herself or is proud of is the way to go. If you're still wanting her to feel good about herself, being subtle about the things she isn't happy about works better than putting it under a microscope.

For example, say you're a boob guy and not an ass man, but the girl you're dating is rockin' a small B-cup and an awesome butt. She knows you like boobs more and is self-conscious, but you like her boobs anyway. Even if you like them and want her to know that, don't waste your time acknowledging how great you think they are. She'd rather know you like her butt, since it's what she's proudest of. Her being able to turn you from a boob guy to an ass man would be the highest compliment to her back end, haha.

That's all further along in the relationship when you actually know what her body looks like though. Compliments are never a bad thing. That's just how they work. And like everything else in a relationship, there's a fine line with them. Too much will make you look needy, and too little will make you look inconsiderate. So if you had a hypothetical compliment quota, using them to boost the stuff she wants to flaunt would be the most effective use of them - I guess that's what I'm trying to say.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 05-22-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 05-22-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Lol, very true. I will stay away from the eye and smile compliments(for now)
There is a way to phrase them, which might sound cheesy but can work. See below,

Quote:
Why wouldn't you compliment something she cannot control?
I'm not saying that he shouldnt entirely, forgive the lack of explanation. If I were to compliment something about her genetics (eyes, natural hair color, whatever) then I say it like this (in the right moment): "forgive me if I stare but there is something about your eyes that draws me in." Now, I dont have the time or energy to explain the few situations where **** like that is gold but I think most of you get what I am trying to communicate.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How come it's so flattering to me then when girls tell me I have beautiful eyes?

Am I just easily flattered? :(

Interesting.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No, you shouldn't compliment those things, cause she'll think you're just saying things to be nice or to try to make her not be self-conscious. But no matter what you say about the traits about her you like but she doesn't like, it won't change the way she feels about herself.

If you're wanting to truly compliment her to make her feel better about herself, not use them as a way to show that you look past what faults she has, then complimenting something about her that she likes about herself or is proud of is the way to go. If you're still wanting her to feel good about herself, being subtle about the things she isn't happy about works better than putting it under a microscope.

For example, say you're a boob guy and not an ass man, but the girl you're dating is rockin' a small B-cup and an awesome butt. She knows you like boobs more and is self-conscious, but you like her boobs anyway. Even if you like them and want her to know that, don't waste your time acknowledging how great you think they are. She'd rather know you like her butt, since it's what she's proudest of. Her being able to turn you from a boob guy to an ass man would be the highest compliment to her back end, haha.

That's all further along in the relationship when you actually know what her body looks like though. Compliments are never a bad thing. That's just how they work. And like everything else in a relationship, there's a fine line with them. Too much will make you look needy, and too little will make you look inconsiderate. So if you had a hypothetical compliment quota, using them to boost the stuff she wants to flaunt would be the most effective use of them - I guess that's what I'm trying to say.
Ok, I get it now. Complement what she feels are her best attributes

Old 05-22-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
How come it's so flattering to me then when girls tell me I have beautiful eyes?
because you want to insert your phallus into her vaginus

Old 05-22-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For example, say you're a boob guy and not an ass man
Well, that's the first mistake.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Am I just easily flattered? :(

Interesting.
No, it's just guys take compliments much better than girls do and like Brent said, being told something about you is attractive to a girl makes you glad because it could lead to other stuff.

I also think girls are more immune to compliments. Cause I mean, think about it. How often do girls compliment one another. Go to any girl you know's facebook pictures, and just look through some of them. How many times do you see, "OMGGG! You're so pretttty!!!" or something like them commented below it by one of her friends? Even if girls don't like each other, they have no problem telling one another that they're pretty or something. So it's easy to just shrug them off.

As for guys, how many times do guys tell each other how handsome the other guy is? It's just not gonna happen. And like the ladder theory says, everything leads to sex when it comes to girls. So a girl saying that implies interest which makes you happy (and by you, I mean your dick), you're not used to being BS'ed or battered with meaningless compliments which makes you surprised, and there's a chance you like your eyes which appeals to your ego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Nonsense!

Quote:
There is a way to phrase them, which might sound cheesy but can work. See below,

I'm not saying that he shouldnt entirely, forgive the lack of explanation. If I were to compliment something about her genetics (eyes, natural hair color, whatever) then I say it like this (in the right moment): "forgive me if I stare but there is something about your eyes that draws me in." Now, I dont have the time or energy to explain the few situations where **** like that is gold but I think most of you get what I am trying to communicate.
At any points leading up to, during, or after kissing, cuddling or other frisky endeavors are involved.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I agree, I am a huge assman

Old 05-22-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As for guys, how many times do guys tell each other how handsome the other guy is? It's just not gonna happen. And like the ladder theory says, everything leads to sex when it comes to girls. So a girl saying that implies interest which makes you happy (and by you, I mean your dick), you're not used to being BS'ed or battered with meaningless compliments which makes you surprised, and there's a chance you like your eyes which appeals to your ego.
Sadly though, even if a girl gives you a compliment about how you smell good, are a good dancer, or how you look nice (on a random day when you're not even dressed up or anything) does not always mean she has interest...
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Titan. Excellent insight. Never thought of it that way. If some dude told me I was handsome I would be like dude, are you serious?

Do you feel like girls for the most part give guys compliments to provide their display of interest? Or just being nice? I feel like it depends on the context of the situation. Not sure.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Titan. Excellent insight. Never thought of it that way. If some dude told me I was handsome I would be like dude, are you serious?

Do you feel like girls for the most part give guys compliments to provide their display of interest? Or just being nice? I feel like it depends on the context of the situation. Not sure.
It's impossible to tell. A lot of girls are just flirty. You have to see how she acts and what she says around other guys, not just yourself. If a non-friend zone girl is really flirty with you, but isn't that way to other guys, then there could be interest, but I don't necessarily see it as indicative. Unless it's brutally honest like she's hitting on you, then personally, I don't ever see flirting or compliments as a sign that she wants to be more than friends. Cause like I said, girls can just dish them out.

Like you said, sometimes it depends on the girl, the context of the situation, and combine it with exactly what she says. For some girls, openly complimenting a guy could be a sign he's definitely in the friend zone. For some, maybe it means something completely different. Most of the time, I'd say she's just being nice.

What she compliments you on is important as well, but that depends on the guy and his traits. I have natural, dark, curly hair, and I get compliments on it all the time from girls. So a girl complimenting my hair doesn't phase me. If she were to compliment my eyes or smile though, it'd make me think twice.

This could be a Bsaza topic, lol, but I'd love to hear other guys' opinions on this. I think they'd agree that it doesn't mean much though. Girls' minds just think differently than ours, so what we perceive is often much different than what they're meaning.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 05-22-2010 at 10:17 PM.