Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ, you really, really wanna know? I feel it's a bit of an anomoly. It also makes me ashamed at times to even be associated with her. She texted me last night asking me if I wanted her to come to IU, I didn't answer. I texted her this morning and said "Think about what you're doing.."
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, if what you said so far is true, her thinking about it may not be the deterrent you think it should be.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buckeye, everyone else is pretty much steering you correctly. I dated a girl in a somewhat similar situation as you for about 5 years. Sex was amazing, she was cool, but we didn't work bc of her issues and mine. I started banging her again bc I was bored, and we pretty much got back together. Don't mess with this girl anymore. Leave her alone. Don't talk to her. Definitely don't sleep with her.

All this is going to do is to get you right back into that old relationship. You are going to fall right back into patterns. You can't have casual sex with an ex, esp one who has so many issues. You know exactly where this leads. If you had any belief that it would be a good idea, you wouldn't be asking advice on an internet message board.

Clearly, you are strongly considering doing it bc all you are doing is defending her. I tried to do what you did before, and it blew up in my face. She asked me to officially get back together, and I told her that I was just banging her until something better came along. She responded by dating a guy we both knew through sports, and it crushed me.

Take my advice and get out/get away now. Cut off communication and live your life without her.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Dude, if what you said so far is true, her thinking about it may not be the deterrent you think it should be.
Pretty much.

I already know how this is going to turn out. You're going to keep our advice in the back of yoru head. You'll still go to her for sex, because easy sex is easy (and I don't really blame you). And you're going to get a first-class ticket on the ride of learning how ******* crazy a crazy girl can really get.

All in all, it will be a valuable life lesson for you, but it's one you've got to learn yourself. No amount of advice you get on here can prepare you for it or give you the wisdom that you'll get out of this experience.

Just don't screw with her head, because she seems like the type that could snap and either blow her ******* brains out or just make life downright miserable for you. You're playing with fire, so be careful.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, that's it. This won't be an experience I'll talk to you guys about, because, well...it won't happen (the experience itself).

I'm just going to stop answering her text messages. That's it. Besides, Samantha (the prospective new ****) just literally invited me over later tonight. So there, game over.

You guys are the ****, and yfs, it's not in the back of my mind, it's in the front.

When I ask for advice, I don't just ask for it for the hell of it - I listen, adhere, conquer, and reign.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good man. Git the new one dun! Also, pics of the new girl... hahaha

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Good man. Git the new one dun! Also, pics of the new girl... hahaha
or the old one, you can't screw up a relationship that doesnt exist!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok guys, I have successfully cut all ties with the other girl, she tries to talk to me in class and I ignore her or talk for a few seconds then walk away and talk to a different girl. But, there is this other girl, she is smoking hot, single and a grade older. We dont know eachother, but have mutal(sp?) friends. At this point, I would be comfortable just being friends with this girl, I just want her to notice me. We have no classes together either. She isnt really a popular girl and she isnt shallow or stuck-up. Any advice on how to get her to notice me? IN A POSITIVE LIGHT OF COURSE! Lol.

P.S. I know this is kinda hard to answer and a little creppy, but I'll take any advice, lol

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Be yourself. If you are not polite, be someone else who is. Make sure you smell nice (breath and body). Make small talk by asking questions about her.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

If you don't know her, how do you know she isn't shallow or stuck up?

Also, as far as her noticing you guys, the best I can give you is this: if you're around her in any kind of situation where something happens that warrants a comical comment, try to say it first so she laughs. Making a girl cheese goes a long way, but you could totally screw it up just as easily saying something totally stupid.

That's my approach, say something that makes her laugh, but don't just go up to her and tell her some stupid ass joke that YOU think is funny. You either have it or you don't.

Tell me if you follow, if not, tell me I'm an idiot and I can attempt to elucidate my point.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post

Also, as far as her noticing you guys, the best I can give you is this: if you're around her in any kind of situation where something happens that warrants a comical comment, try to say it first so she laughs. Making a girl cheese goes a long way, but you could totally screw it up just as easily saying something totally stupid.

That's my approach, say something that makes her laugh, but don't just go up to her and tell her some stupid ass joke that YOU think is funny. You either have it or you don't.

Tell me if you follow, if not, tell me I'm an idiot and I can attempt to elucidate my point.
Mutual friends

Good point, when the moment comes, I will sease it.

I follow

Old 06-07-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post

"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything."
Marilyn Monroe
Old 06-07-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Mutual friends? Fair enough. Another piece of advice: Don't assume these things are true about her solely on having mutual friends, find this out for yourself. People tell me girls are cool and what not before being introduced to them, and I end up feeling quite the contrary.

I'm not denying she's cool, not shallow, or not stuck up, but use your judgement also in learning the nature of another person's character.

Furthermore, how frequently do you see her? And if you see her, where?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I see her all the time in school.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I see her all the time in school.
Ok so you pass her in the hallways at school. Cool. Have you ever interacted with this girl before in your life? You've really got to give us more to work with, dude.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

The pothead is right bro. We need to know a lot more. There's a bunch of questions we could ask you. Whether or not you have even interacted with her on any grounds is vital for the selection of our advice.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Not really, even with mutual friends, we have never talked.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

If she's as hot as you say, and is even older, IDK. Try to find a way to be around her for a decent enough amount of time for you to make a comment for her to notice or for you to just straight up introduce yourself.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

The more I think about it, idk why I even asked for advice. With the school year almost over and us never talking, I am better off waiting for next school year and seeing if we have classes together. Thanks any ways guys.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The more I think about it, idk why I even asked for advice. With the school year almost over and us never talking, I am better off waiting for next school year and seeing if we have classes together. Thanks any ways guys.
Can you drive yet?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything."
Marilyn Monroe
Ron Jeremy must be hilarious.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Can you drive yet?
Nah, but I will be able to next year.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nah, but I will be able to next year.
Sorry to say it, but you really don't offer...anything...to a girl right now.

You can't drive (and therefore can't take her anywhere); you probably don't work (and therefore don't have any money); and you're an underclassman. Stop going for older girls. I'll never say never, but it's highly, highly, highly unlikely for anything to happen. The only times I can remember girls in high school dating down is if the girl is notoriously batshit crazy or if the guy looks like a little abercrombie model.

I don't know what HS kids do during the summer where you live, but here's a homework assignment for you over the summer. Go to parties/the beach/wherever you know there will be girls that you don't know. Force yourself to talk to girls you don't know and have as little connection possible back to your HS (that way you have nothing to fear - if things don't work out, you'll never see her or worry about her making fun of you or whatever it is that you're afraid of concerning rejection). Practice, practice, practice talking to these girls you don't know, get their numbers, etc. By the time you go back to school, you should be able to go up to just about any girl, start a random conversation, make small talk, pull a number, or make plans to hang out.

Like anything else, it's just practice dude. Talking to girls is relatively simple and straightforward stuff. There's no magic spell to say that makes them automatically like you, it's all about putting yourself out there with confidence. If you're confident, girls will pick up on it and be attracted to that confidence - even if they aren't necessarily attracted to YOU at first.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Stoner, you're the last person I repped so I can't do it again, but that post sums it up.

Giants, if you take anything, take this ^. Trial and error is the only way. You're going to have to make some mistakes so you know what to say and what now to say, and how to respond to some things girls say. But he's right. You're what, 16? You've got a big learning curve ahead of you, that me, stoner, and all the others providing advice in here have gone through.

Try to make something happen this summer with a chick YOUR AGE. That way, she has as little to offer as you do.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Good advice by YFS.

You'll never catch any fish if your hook isn't in the water.