Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-17-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Have you thought about telling her that/actually told her that? Communication is pretty key, this way she knows what you think about things and can figure out what she thinks from there. Also, does she know you plan on pursuing a job in Toronto? Probably worth bringing up too.

I'd just put your cards on the table and talk it out, no sense in dancing around stuff or just straight up breaking up without discussing your situation...but at the same time if she feels like she needs a commitment despite your take on the situation then it's probably time to move on. I also think your stance is more than reasonable if that helps any.
Yeah, we've talked about it before. And shes pursuing more school after this year while Im going to head into the job world in a different city. It makes the conversations pretty uncomfortable.
Im figuring that I dont have to make a decision about my future yet. She wants to put her mind at ease, and keeps pushing me about whether or not we'll just end up broken up. I think well have to see how it goes because I'm not ready yet. She understands this from what I've gathered, but I can tell it's starting to weigh on her.

Oh well, there's nothing really to be done now. Thanks for your insight guys.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Yeah, we've talked about it before. And shes pursuing more school after this year while Im going to head into the job world in a different city. It makes the conversations pretty uncomfortable.
Im figuring that I dont have to make a decision about my future yet. She wants to put her mind at ease, and keeps pushing me about whether or not we'll just end up broken up. I think well have to see how it goes because I'm not ready yet. She understands this from what I've gathered, but I can tell it's starting to weigh on her.

Oh well, there's nothing really to be done now. Thanks for your insight guys.
I'm kind of in a similar situation with my girlfriend, both going into senior years of college, she's going to medical school and I'm deciding between going to grad school or working. We'll probably end up apart, but we've been 2 hours apart for all of college and it's worked so far. Just kind of a mutual understanding that we're both going to do what's best for us and if we can make the relationship work then we'll have a future together, but there's a possibility things don't work out. We've been dating a little longer than you two so it's different, but I find it's a pretty good attitude to have. Hopefully things work out, but if it's not due to something coming up then something came up.

In the early 20's with uncertainty in terms of who's going to be where it's nearly impossible to really commit. Sounds like she's trying to lock you down which is unfair since you're clearly not comfortable with it. Hopefully she can come to that kind of an understanding with you, because it sounds like your stance is pretty realistic. Good luck with everything.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best way to get out of the friend zone? I need help. I've known this girl for about two years and she is the only person I cannot read, she is pretty reserved and I have no idea if she feels the way I do. I'm like best friends with her brother. We're pretty good friends, but like I said, I want more.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way out of the friendzone.

Also dating/hooking up w/ your best friends sister sounds like there is a lot of risk to damage your friendship.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's actually fine with the idea. He's the only person who knows about my thoughts here actually. If she likes me, she hasn't told him, but she doesn't talk to him about guys at all he says.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this sounds cliche. But couldn't you just ask her out to eat or a movie or something. You didn't give much backstory but have you and her just hung out...or is it like a thing where you are at your buddies house and she is just around.

If you have hung out with her one on one...what'd you do and did you get any vibe? What'd she talk about ect.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Mostly the latter. When it is one on one we usually talk about school, friends and movies. In school we are taking the same kind of course (Network Systems Administration), just stuff, Inception haha. I get some vibe, but not off the charts. It is exactly smack dab in the middle of a 'idk if were just friendly or she digs me' kind of thing.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say just take a stab at asking her out. If you're not worried about it hurting your friendship with her brother and she's generally reserved, you showing that initial interest will get the wheels spinning in her head (if they aren't already, that is).
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I once went out with a friends sister. He played it off as if it was nothing, but he was always scared to leave us alone. I wouldn't say it ruins a friendship, it really depends on the person and how the brother sister relationship is between him and his sister. It does make things a little uncomfortable when you are with both of them though I won't lie.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

K guys.

I want to be in a relationship with a girl, and I want it to happen this year. I hear contradicting things. From some people I hear "just don't give a **** and ignore bitches, the more you want it, the more it won't happen", and on the other hand I hear people say "if you want something, man up and go for it". This is something I have always wanted, and I know I can do it. I am not the person to just put something in the background and not think about it. I just don't want to end up coming off as too desperate whenever I am in that kind of situation. However, I realize that if I want something like this, I really have to man up and quite being a *****.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:41 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
No way out of the friendzone.

Also dating/hooking up w/ your best friends sister sounds like there is a lot of risk to damage your friendship.
Agreed, ive been trying to get out of the friendzone for a year or so and it just doesnt happen. Better off just staying friends. Chicks are *** and dont ever wanna try something, even if they know if may be a great situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
K guys.

I want to be in a relationship with a girl, and I want it to happen this year. I hear contradicting things. From some people I hear "just don't give a **** and ignore bitches, the more you want it, the more it won't happen", and on the other hand I hear people say "if you want something, man up and go for it". This is something I have always wanted, and I know I can do it. I am not the person to just put something in the background and not think about it. I just don't want to end up coming off as too desperate whenever I am in that kind of situation. However, I realize that if I want something like this, I really have to man up and quite being a *****.
Go for it man, i think the thing ive noticed most is that you cant put all of your emotions out there right away, because in a way it does make you look desperate.

Just be confident because in the end girls love confidence, its a big deal to them.

But i agree with the go after it part, there is no reason to sit back and just ignore chicks....to me its not that fun being single.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just found out my gf has a dick. but shes getting it removed and shes super hot. does that mean im rudy cool ?

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
i just found out my gf has a dick. but shes getting it removed and shes super hot. does that mean im rudy cool ?
It means you are a lucky man, but I'd push for her to keep it.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you ever get dome from him?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:27 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:

Quote:
Old 08-18-2010, 03:37 AM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:05 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Someone hacked your account?
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has never really happened to me except for the last few days in abundance for some reason. How the hell am I supposed to get a number from a girl driving next to me?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
This has never really happened to me except for the last few days in abundance for some reason. How the hell am I supposed to get a number from a girl driving next to me?
Easy. Just bump her car.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ask her to race for pink slips then upon her saying yes or no demand her number to either collect or to race another time.

Do this while you are pulling your phone out and looking ready to type.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Easy. Just bump her car.

Not worth wasting my time and the possibility that she isn't interested. Maybe run her off the road instead, then go and save her?
Old 08-18-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not worth wasting my time and the possibility that she isn't interested. Maybe run her off the road instead, then go and save her?
now you are thinking like a sociopath!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote