Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Bowling, walks, any where that allows you to talk. You have to be somewhere that allows her to talk. Talking is key. If you cant carry a conversation, she'll drop you. Girls love a guy that can carry a conversation. Things like bowling will help because you can laugh about sucking or if you are good you can joke about being awesome. Ice skating works in the same way. You're in Utah so skiing/snowboarding shouldn't be out of the question. You get the idea.
I suck horribly at bowling so that might suck. And I can't ski or snowboard. Might go with the ice skating though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might be in the minority, but i think ice skating is DAMN boring to do on a date. If all you wanna do is talk, cut the B.S and go somewhere and talk. Go take a walk at the park, or go have a small lunch before doing something fun or something. But ice skating? It loses its luster after a few times around the rink, and if neither of you are good at skating, you're gonna be busier making sure you don't fall on your ass than the conversation at hand. I think it's a good idea, but if you go as a group, which is never a bad choice.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 02-04-2009 at 12:46 AM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I suck horribly at bowling so that might suck. And I can't ski or snowboard. Might go with the ice skating though.
that could be a good thing! if you both suck, just joke about it the whole time. have some fun with it
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

actually I forgot how much I hate the cold. To the point where I am applying to colleges out of the cold weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
actually I forgot how much I hate the cold. To the point where I am applying to colleges out of the cold weather.
Have fun with that out of state tuition stuff.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Have fun with that out of state tuition stuff.
He's Mormon, the church will support them if they can't pay for it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ASU, ASU, ASU, ASU!!!!!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do it. It's worth it. You'll never want to go back to the cold. It's been in the 70s every day for the past three weeks out here in SoCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
Glad we settled that. And while we're here, with the college application season wrapping up, allow me to make my annual case for everyone to apply to warm-weather schools. Don't spend four years in cold weather. There's no reason. Go south, go west, but go. And if they have a good sports team, even better.

I know people who attended the following schools: Pepperdine, the University of California at Santa Barbara, USC, UCLA, Rollins, North Carolina, Arizona, Arizona State and the University of Texas. Here's how many of them regretted their choices: Zero. Meanwhile, the majority of my friends attended cold-weather schools and only a handful of them would travel down that same road again. Again, why spend four years of your life in cold weather when you don't have to do it? And why pick a college with crummy sports when you don't have to do it? Beyond everything else, remember this above all: It doesn't matter where you went to college as much as what you did when you got there. I have successful friends who went to every type of school; I even have successful friends who never graduated from college. So don't stress out about it, expand your horizons, don't be afraid to take a chance and please know that I'm telling you this only because I wish somebody had told me.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't got to University of Arizona. It is in Tucson, which is also referred to as Northern Nogales.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the cold much more than the warm/hot -_-

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:40 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I like the cold much more than the warm/hot -_-
You, my friend, are just plain crazy. I'll take 110 degree weather over 0 degree weather, much less -35 like it got for a few days.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
You, my friend, are just plain crazy. I'll take 110 degree weather over 0 degree weather, much less -35 like it got for a few days.
yeah! you'll get a great tan while you're there! :)
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Danishfalcon
Rookie

Danishfalcon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Yeah, a movie and back is lame. No conversation. Movie and eating is a little better.
Dang, i wish i read this a day ago. This may be why i've had little, to no luck lately! I just invited this girl out this friday, and the only thing i could think of was the movies. On the other hand, i met her in a bar a week ago, and we talked a lot! This might be the first time in quite some time i've hooked up with a girl while i'm not drunk. So it might work out afterall.
Danishfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danishfalcon View Post
Dang, i wish i read this a day ago. This may be why i've had little, to no luck lately! I just invited this girl out this friday, and the only thing i could think of was the movies. On the other hand, i met her in a bar a week ago, and we talked a lot! This might be the first time in quite some time i've hooked up with a girl while i'm not drunk. So it might work out afterall.
Well, I'm probably not the best guy to listen too.

My luck hasn't been great lately either.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Danishfalcon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Well, I'm probably not the best guy to listen too.

My luck hasn't been great lately either.
Haha, that's too bad.

She does seem pretty high on the thought of going to the movies, so who knows? I plan on inviting her out for a drink after the movie, and hopefully bring her home to my place.. or hers ;). I was so close after the first time i met her, and if i pushed it, i bet i could have sealed the deal, but i really like this one, so i didn't.

Last edited by Danishfalcon : 02-04-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The movies is such a lame date. You don't talk, if the movie sucks, the date sucks. Why can't you just get dinner and go for a walk? Or play pool/darts? You can always cook her dinner if you can, but that's more a second date thing. I would try to replan the date to go to a hookah bar or something cool. It'll be decently cheap, and you'll get "cool" points. If you guys talked a lot at the bar that night, why take away from that with going to a movie?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Danishfalcon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
The movies is such a lame date. You don't talk, if the movie sucks, the date sucks. Why can't you just get dinner and go for a walk? Or play pool/darts? You can always cook her dinner if you can, but that's more a second date thing. I would try to replan the date to go to a hookah bar or something cool. It'll be decently cheap, and you'll get "cool" points. If you guys talked a lot at the bar that night, why take away from that with going to a movie?
I guess i wasn't thinking this through.

I think she will get the wrong thoughts if i try to replan now. I just talked to her less than an hour ago.
Actully i did plan on cooking her dinner, but like you said, this might be more like a 2nd date thing.

Alright, i just changed the plans a little. We're still going to the movies, but an early show and then we'll go for a drink in a pool bar. I'm pretty sure this will work out. Btw, she is pumped on seeing this movie.

ps. i just want this to work out so much! Cute, super sweet, and get this, she loooves football (yes american, i'm from Denmark). How hard do you think it was to find a girl that likes that?

Last edited by Danishfalcon : 02-04-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, if she's excited to see the movie, and you have plans for after, it's all good. Of course, if you have a similar movie back at your place, you can transition. It's all about the transition. Get her to the bar, then invite her back to your place to watch something else or drink something else. Obviously, that means sex or action...

In terms of prep work for your room: Clean sheets (preferably your softest and most comfortable), do all your laundry and get it in the drawers. Air out your room because no one wants to hook up in boy funk. Vaccuum your place and sweep up. Clean your toilet, floor, and sink. Don't bother with the shower. Just close the shower curtain. In your kitchen, throw out all the bad food and have beer and wine on hand. Doesn't have to be expensive. Just something. Do a dish wash.

Invariably, she's gonna poke around and see what you've got going on. Keep everything clean and together, so she thinks you're not a total animal.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-04-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Danishfalcon
Rookie

Quote:
Well, if she's excited to see the movie, and you have plans for after, it's all good. Of course, if you have a similar movie back at your place, you can transition. It's all about the transition. Get her to the bar, then invite her back to your place to watch something else or drink something else. Obviously, that means sex or action...

In terms of prep work for your room: Clean sheets (preferably your softest and most comfortable), do all your laundry and get it in the drawers. Air out your room because no one wants to hook up in boy funk. Vaccuum your place and sweep up. Clean your toilet, floor, and sink. Don't bother with the shower. Just close the shower curtain. In your kitchen, throw out all the bad food and have beer and wine on hand. Doesn't have to be expensive. Just something. Do a dish wash.

Invariably, she's gonna poke around and see what you've got going on. Keep everything clean and together, so she thinks you're not a total animal.
Luckily all done. I'm usually fairly strict about getting my apartment too messy. I already have rose wine and Champagne (..leftovers from New Year).

Right now i'm trying to order movie tickets. Is it too corny to order backrow seats?

Btw thanks guys. Your tips are great. They might clarify why i've been quite unsuccesful lately.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Champagne is over the top. Rose wine is an acquired taste. I'd have a standard bottle of red and white on hand. White in the fridge and chilled. Red ready to go.

I think you just get tickets, and then you let her pick the locale. If you're getting action, you're getting action no matter where the seats are.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I've made every mistake and gone through the same dry spells as all of you, but I'm 28. I've been in 2 long term relationships, and I've slayed my fair share of strange. I'd like to think that I can help some of you younger guys not make the same mistakes. At the same time, messing it all up is good life experience. You learn by trial and error sometimes...

Old 02-04-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Danishfalcon
Rookie

Quote:
Champagne is over the top. Rose wine is an acquired taste. I'd have a standard bottle of red and white on hand. White in the fridge and chilled. Red ready to go.

I think you just get tickets, and then you let her pick the locale. If you're getting action, you're getting action no matter where the seats are.

I'm pretty sure i'm getting some action. We kissed for like 4 hours the other day. Hell, my tongue was destroyed the following day ;).

The thing is, i'm afraid the movie will be sold out. I think i'll just order some tickets close to the back, but not the whole way. For me it seems a little corny if the theater is only half full, and we'll be sitting on the last row.

Again, thanks for all the advises. It's much appreciated. I've always been a dork when it comes to women. I seem to be pretty good at screwing up!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danishfalcon View Post
I guess i wasn't thinking this through.

I think she will get the wrong thoughts if i try to replan now. I just talked to her less than an hour ago.
Actully i did plan on cooking her dinner, but like you said, this might be more like a 2nd date thing.

Alright, i just changed the plans a little. We're still going to the movies, but an early show and then we'll go for a drink in a pool bar. I'm pretty sure this will work out. Btw, she is pumped on seeing this movie.

ps. i just want this to work out so much! Cute, super sweet, and get this, she loooves football (yes american, i'm from Denmark). How hard do you think it was to find a girl that likes that?
If you're really into the girl, i'd back off a bit on trying to get her to go home with you. As soon as you invite her to your place, she knows you're soliciting sex from her. If you REALLY want it to work out enough to where you can build a relationship off it, i'd back off the sex for now. If it's a hit and run, by all means, pull out all the stops.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Danishfalcon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If you're really into the girl, i'd back off a bit on trying to get her to go home with you. As soon as you invite her to your place, she knows you're soliciting sex from her. If you REALLY want it to work out enough to where you can build a relationship off it, i'd back off the sex for now. If it's a hit and run, by all means, pull out all the stops.

I won't push her. In fact, she was all over me the other day (the first day i met her). I followed her up to her door, and we kissed for about 15 minutes. She told me she really wanted to bring me up to her place, but i saw she was in doubt, so i said she shouldn't worry. Then i got her number, and she told me to remember to call her.. Which i did.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Metsox, she already appears to be ready to go. Seems like an aggressive sort of gal. I like that.

In terms of what you have to do, you need to stay relaxed. It's obvious she likes you (anyone can see that), so you need to stay confident and relaxed. Take it slow in terms of inviting her back. You have the movie, then the bar. Hang out at the bar for a bit, then suggest more drinking at your place. Should be an easy pull.