Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-19-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Just step back. Do your thing and stop pressing. When females realize a guy doesn't care, they make the moves.
I'm sorry, I'm not ugly, but I'm also not Tom Brady. I waited my entire time in high school and most of college for chicks to approach me, and all I've gotten are uggos and drunk chicks to come to me. Part of that might be just not being able to read signs though. It's almost impossible for me to not care and not try in regards to women. I know where I ****** up with this one, and I'm gonna fold it up and throw it in the garbage.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I'm sorry, I'm not ugly, but I'm also not Tom Brady. I waited my entire time in high school and most of college for chicks to approach me, and all I've gotten are uggos and drunk chicks to come to me. Part of that might be just not being able to read signs though. It's almost impossible for me to not care and not try in regards to women. I know where I ****** up with this one, and I'm gonna fold it up and throw it in the garbage.
I wish you luck but expect a lot more bitching by you in the future. You got some issues that you need to focus on before you're ready to be out there but you're too stubborn and need to be knocked around a bit more before you go back to the drawing board.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah maybe lowering your standards would be a good idea, bag a couple chubby chicks to get your confidence up.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, well I got a girl's number on Friday night. Haven't called or done anything yet. Should I just not even call/text her? Am I just going to end up sabotaging this one? I didn't make my intentions clear enough with this last girl and that's why there was confusion. It was just kind of a bummer because she was cool and I know I missed an opp. Whatevs, on to the next. Try a new approach.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay, well I got a girl's number on Friday night. Haven't called or done anything yet. Should I just not even call/text her? Am I just going to end up sabotaging this one? I didn't make my intentions clear enough with this last girl and that's why there was confusion. It was just kind of a bummer because she was cool and I know I missed an opp. Whatevs, on to the next. Try a new approach.
See Vikes I think you worry too much. Your problems are all mental, I think you put in your head you failed before you even tried. You are worrying too much about did I make my intentions clear enough etc. You gotta play a situation cool and calm, girls hate a tense in your face guy. I wan't you too text or call (go with the one that makes you feeel more comfortable) this chick sometime this week, but I want you to just have the mindset of im just goona talk to this girl. Just talking to this girl should get your confidence up, dont think about hooking up, or dating yet. I just want you focusing on getting out there and getting some more experience communicating. Right now you just need a couple of practice girls to help reform your game before you start going out there and trying to bang chicks. Just start also looking for re-occuring signs (good and bad). I want you to also start talking to chicks in your class, it is a much less threatening enviroment for the girl and makes good practice.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagU View Post
See Vikes I think you worry too much. Your problems are all mental, I think you put in your head you failed before you even tried. You are worrying too much about did I make my intentions clear enough etc. You gotta play a situation cool and calm, girls hate a tense in your face guy. I wan't you too text or call (go with the one that makes you feeel more comfortable) this chick sometime this week, but I want you to just have the mindset of im just goona talk to this girl. Just talking to this girl should get your confidence up, dont think about hooking up, or dating yet. I just want you focusing on getting out there and getting some more experience communicating. Right now you just need a couple of practice girls to help reform your game before you start going out there and trying to bang chicks. Just start also looking for re-occuring signs (good and bad). I want you to also start talking to chicks in your class, it is a much less threatening enviroment for the girl and makes good practice.
Thanks dude. I just want the opportunity to talk to this girl and get to know her more. I can definitely talk to people when I get started, and I can carry myself in a conversation to no end. I talk to girls in my class, and I am by no means a quiet dude.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks dude. I just want the opportunity to talk to this girl and get to know her more. I can definitely talk to people when I get started, and I can carry myself in a conversation to no end. I talk to girls in my class, and I am by no means a quiet dude.
That's good. I think when you put a chick in the category of I wanna bang you, you worry too much of how to approach it and how to be. Approaching it this way will make you alot more comfortable, until it is second nature. After that you can start pursueing things further with a girl. Work on your confidence, and picking up on girls traits til then though.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call the chick on Tuesday, see what's going on. Engage on her terms. Ask her questions to get her going. If you call, and you get the VM, leave a nice VM, then never call again. Ball will be in her court. If you get no callback by next week, delete the # and chalk it up to her being a C.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Call the chick on Tuesday, see what's going on. Engage on her terms. Ask her questions to get her going. If you call, and you get the VM, leave a nice VM, then never call again. Ball will be in her court. If you get no callback by next week, delete the # and chalk it up to her being a C.
This x100.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best way to help a buddy of mine who is totally whipped?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kill the *****.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Yeah, I ended up just texting her. I just could not muster up the balls to call, I was wayyyyy too nervous. I haven't officially asked out a girl since like 9th grade, and I figure it's just something I need time with and can work myself up to.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
VUBlacknGold
Rookie

VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I ended up just texting her. I just could not muster up the balls to call, I was wayyyyy too nervous. I haven't officially asked out a girl since like 9th grade, and I figure it's just something I need time with and can work myself up to.
Ewwww, texting. Come on man, just do it, ask her to come see you somewhere or something, if she has any interest, she'd be there but to text em, it shows that you dont have much interest. You text when youre in a relationship, you call when you wanna be in one.

I Bleed Black and Gold
VUBlacknGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Well, I asked her if she wanted a bite to eat or something later this week and I got the "I have a pretty busy schedule, I'll see". That number's out of the phone. Oh well, onto more adventures and opportunities of the weekend! I love college.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My advice: Bag a chick when you're 16 and date her for the rest of your life. It works out better that way.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
My advice: Bag a chick when you're 16 and date her for the rest of your life. It works out better that way.

10/10, I lol'ed.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I asked her if she wanted a bite to eat or something later this week and I got the "I have a pretty busy schedule, I'll see". That number's out of the phone. Oh well, onto more adventures and opportunities of the weekend! I love college.
Phew, I was afraid you were still going to pursue her.

If she gives you the schedule ********, there is no chance. Even if her schedule were full (which it isn't), a girl interested you makes time.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

10/10, I lol'ed.
I'm just sayin'. It worked/is working out well for me. Sure, you get the occasional bump in the road, but it's pretty sweet.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
I'm just sayin'. It worked/is working out well for me. Sure, you get the occasional bump in the road, but it's pretty sweet.
I guess I see what you're saying. It would probably bother me knowing I was only going to see one girl naked for the rest of my life. But at least you know you have someone you can rely on.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I guess I see what you're saying. It would probably bother me knowing I was only going to see one girl naked for the rest of my life. But at least you know you have someone you can rely on.
She was my first (and only) and she'll be my last and vice-versa, so I don't need to worry about other broads. We had a couple short breakups, but I never banged another girl. Things are going swimmingly and I may even invite you to our eventual wedding!

Banging a whole army of *****, as appealing as it sounds, isn't really for me. I'm a relationship-type of guy and I got what I wanted right away.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
She was my first (and only) and she'll be my last and vice-versa, so I don't need to worry about other broads. We had a couple short breakups, but I never banged another girl. Things are going swimmingly and I may even invite you to our eventual wedding!

Banging a whole army of *****, as appealing as it sounds, isn't really for me. I'm a relationship-type of guy and I got what I wanted right away.
Yeah, I think I would definitely prefer a relationship of some sort, but to me it is just so hard starting that whole process. I just find it's easier to go out to bars or parties, talk to some drunk (or not drunk) females and see what happens.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Totally agree with your last statement. I'm the same way, I mean, I have had things with other girls, but none too serious. And I've only had sex with one other girl besides the one I'm engaged to marry.

I guess my piece of advice. Don't just date girls to have sex. Unless you look like frickin Zach Effron, you're not going to get very far. Date girls for the relationship that you may want, and the relationship that she thinks that you're going to give her. Girls love that ****.

The thing about Men, is that we are wired totally different than women, we want to be in a relationship for the sex, and the fun of it, women (most women i should say) want a relationship for the relationship. Some women just like to have sex, and that's fine, but they are rare.

just my opinion.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Totally agree with your last statement. I'm the same way, I mean, I have had things with other girls, but none too serious. And I've only had sex with one other girl besides the one I'm engaged to marry.

I guess my piece of advice. Don't just date girls to have sex. Unless you look like frickin Zach Effron, you're not going to get very far. Date girls for the relationship that you may want, and the relationship that she thinks that you're going to give her. Girls love that ****.

The thing about Men, is that we are wired totally different than women, we want to be in a relationship for the sex, and the fun of it, women (most women i should say) want a relationship for the relationship. Some women just like to have sex, and that's fine, but they are rare.

just my opinion.
Fortunately, that is a completely false statement.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

This sounds so much like me and my girlfriend it's a little eerie.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Been working for me, granted we waited to start dating when she was 19 but its been a blast and going strong.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote