Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-18-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
post some tit pics regardless!
I think this goes without saying.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn straight! Send us some freckly ginger tit pics!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Serious question. I know don't date an ex of a best friend, but what about an ex of a best friend's brother?
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Serious question. I know don't date an ex of a best friend, but what about an ex of a best friend's brother?
Yes, go ahead. Plus, I am not so sold on this ex of a best friend thing. Hoes before bros!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Yes, go ahead. Plus, I am not so sold on this ex of a best friend thing. Hoes before bros!
My sister is going to Japan to see her fiance (marines) and I was like, "Hey man, bros before hoes... I'm her bro literally and you didn't even make the saying."
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As I said, this girl seems different than the hood rats I assume you slay on the regular. You are trying hard, and I respect that. Just try to keep it about her and not your ego. Good luck and post some tit pics regardless!
******* A, dude, you need to write a book or be a "late night counseling with Bsaza" DJ. Nice post! Wish I could +rep you more then once.

The "impressed by me" line is meant more in that I'm successful in my career and have really worked my ass off, yet almost every woman I meets doesn't even care. She actually appreciates that.

I'm guilty of going after/attracting college/immature girls, this chick is much more of someone I can have a mature conversation with (while, hopefully, still being fun.) And I've never really had that. Plus she seems pretty down to earth and isn't ******* nuts like my norm (so far as I can tell.)

The expensive dinner thing is just my fault, I have issues with spending too much money on women and trying to impress. Usually I do sushi or happy hour drinks on a first date, which tends to be quicker and not that expensive but gives you a bit more time than coffee and leaves the night open for going for dessert, etc.. but I kind of got stuck with the area she lives in (I know ******* no where down that way) and went with the only place my friends have told me is good (I was going to let her pick the place so I could come down to her and avoid making her drive 35 minutes but she blanked me, so I fired off the first idea that came to mind to not look unprepared and flabbergasted, lol.) As long as she doesn't want a bottle of wine and three courses I should be able to get out around $120ish, which is okay.

I've also blown off two other chicks that wanted to meet up tomorrow for this (although one is just a super horny MILF that scares the **** outta me 'cuz I now believe she's schizophrenic and the other is a nice Asian college girl that I ****** once and just wasn't that into.)

I always get a bit nervous with first dates, who doesn't? They're so ******* awkward. I'd really like to order my martini before she gets there but that'd be rude. ****. Hopefully they bring it quickly. And hopefully she's showing tit.

Anyway. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes. And tit pics if it goes badly.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I'd really like to order my martini before she gets there but that'd be rude. ****. Hopefully they bring it quickly. And hopefully she's showing tit.

Anyway. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes. And tit pics if it goes badly.
pregame if you are worried about ordering before she shows

Old 11-20-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey sportsfan... the godfathers in Auburn is legendary. If it all doesn't work out, I think they have a dinner buffet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I took her on the date.

We left the play early, came back to my dorm. Stayed there for about a hour before I took her home.

Everything went smooth, although I didn't make a move. People were in and out and she was out somewhat early anyway.

Said she had fun, said we would do something again, she's supposed to cook me dinner one night cuz she's a cook, etc.. Posted on my FB wall she had fun, posted she had a great night for her status, etc.

However, I don't get a good vibe. Like I think I appear too interested. I can't tell if she's legitimately interested or if I'm just another guy. Remember, she's a babe.

Should I let down a little on giving her attention (not text her as much, don't try to hang with her, etc.) and let her come to me? Or just keep as is?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

if she is used to getting attention then, according to the ladder theory, you should not text/call her

Old 11-20-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This ***** texted me for a few hours telling me she was gonna come over and all this jazz, and then backs out at the last minute. God damn that pissed me off. I have naked pics of her, if she pisses me off one more time i swear i'm gonna spread em on the interwebz.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This ***** texted me for a few hours telling me she was gonna come over and all this jazz, and then backs out at the last minute. God damn that pissed me off. I have naked pics of her, if she pisses me off one more time i swear i'm gonna spread em on the interwebz.
4chan that ho.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:08 AM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

We left the play early, came back to my dorm. Stayed there for about a hour before I took her home.

Everything went smooth, although I didn't make a move. People were in and out and she was out somewhat early anyway.

Said she had fun, said we would do something again, she's supposed to cook me dinner one night cuz she's a cook, etc.. Posted on my FB wall she had fun, posted she had a great night for her status, etc.

However, I don't get a good vibe. Like I think I appear too interested. I can't tell if she's legitimately interested or if I'm just another guy. Remember, she's a babe.

Should I let down a little on giving her attention (not text her as much, don't try to hang with her, etc.) and let her come to me? Or just keep as is?
If you are not getting that vibe I think letting off a bit, and letting her make next contact would be a good move. This way you do not seem to eager and makes her have to put forth some effort(to which if she is a babe and is used to lots of attention from dudes she prob never has to do).
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:48 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yodapoop recently had to tell a girl off. It made Yodapoop sad. But California is not Wisconsin and Yodapoop not gonna get long distance shits.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, just got back from date. Major suckage, ****. A few things..

A) She was way hotter than I remember her being. I'm assuming it's because I met her at a bookstore and she got gussied up for the date. A rock solid 10.

B) Unfortunately, that just makes it more depressing how fail the date was.

We talked, chatted, she was constantly laughing, etc.. yet I just get a bad vibe, like she wasn't at all interested. The main things I noticed were when I accidentally mixed up a date for something she had told me over the phone she had done, she kinda rolled her eyes which was weird. Then the check came and she made no mention or anything of paying her portion. Didn't even glance it's direction. I always pay but I prefer when a girl at least pretends to offer, especially when I'm dropping well over a hundred. And then I walked her to her car, she stood several feet away, quickly hugged me, and said "thanks for dinner. Bye." No do it again, had a nice time, etc.

She's smoking hot and the only saving grace I may have is that she seemed pretty nervous (she kept accidentally hitting her silverware and was shaky with her wine glass.) But the end of date "Thanks, bye" thing doesn't bode well at all. I'll still give her a ring tomorrow night and maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. If by some miracle she's up for a 2nd date I'll pick something more exciting, but really not feeling it's likely.

She did have small tits, though. So at least I'm not missing out on amazing tit action.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 11-21-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:23 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagU View Post
If you are not getting that vibe I think letting off a bit, and letting her make next contact would be a good move. This way you do not seem to eager and makes her have to put forth some effort(to which if she is a babe and is used to lots of attention from dudes she prob never has to do).
That's true. I think I'll let her make next contact.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

Seems to me like she likes you, and you're trying to sell yourself that you don't like her so much, so you can protect against possible rejection. Fact is, she offered to cook for you, thanked you for a nice time in person, then on your wall, then in her status. I think it will work for the time being, but you will have to be passively proactive. By that, I mean you should look to get her to come cook for you, but not overpursue. So, if you went out Friday, call her tonight and schedule plans for after the holiday. If you went out Saturday, call her Tuesday.

Tell her you're excited that she offered to cook. Ask her what she likes to make. Sound enthused about it. Offer to host the cookfest and/or ask what you can buy at the store to help her make it. Ask what kind of wine she likes. If you get a voicemail, just leave the usual "what's up" message, then leave the ball in her court. Don't text or call over the entire weekend.

I happen to believe that you will schedule something for after Thanksgiving. Next step for you is not screwing it up after that... haha

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-22-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
So, just got back from date. Major suckage, ****. A few things..

A) She was way hotter than I remember her being. I'm assuming it's because I met her at a bookstore and she got gussied up for the date. A rock solid 10.

B) Unfortunately, that just makes it more depressing how fail the date was.

We talked, chatted, she was constantly laughing, etc.. yet I just get a bad vibe, like she wasn't at all interested. The main things I noticed were when I accidentally mixed up a date for something she had told me over the phone she had done, she kinda rolled her eyes which was weird. Then the check came and she made no mention or anything of paying her portion. Didn't even glance it's direction. I always pay but I prefer when a girl at least pretends to offer, especially when I'm dropping well over a hundred. And then I walked her to her car, she stood several feet away, quickly hugged me, and said "thanks for dinner. Bye." No do it again, had a nice time, etc.

She's smoking hot and the only saving grace I may have is that she seemed pretty nervous (she kept accidentally hitting her silverware and was shaky with her wine glass.) But the end of date "Thanks, bye" thing doesn't bode well at all. I'll still give her a ring tomorrow night and maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. If by some miracle she's up for a 2nd date I'll pick something more exciting, but really not feeling it's likely.

She did have small tits, though. So at least I'm not missing out on amazing tit action.
It happens. You got a lot of buildup before the date with all those phone calls. End of the day, it was a matter of expectations vs. reality. Both of you had things built up, then probably were so nervous about it going well that it didn't go well. You learned a little about keeping things closer to the vest pre-date. It was good for you to have that experience because you usually target easy pickings.

This might be a sign that you're ready to find more serious people for your life, but when you're looking for substance, you tend to get denied a lot. Welcome to the real world. It sucks.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seems to me like she likes you, and you're trying to sell yourself that you don't like her so much, so you can protect against possible rejection. Fact is, she offered to cook for you, thanked you for a nice time in person, then on your wall, then in her status. I think it will work for the time being, but you will have to be passively proactive. By that, I mean you should look to get her to come cook for you, but not overpursue. So, if you went out Friday, call her tonight and schedule plans for after the holiday. If you went out Saturday, call her Tuesday.

Tell her you're excited that she offered to cook. Ask her what she likes to make. Sound enthused about it. Offer to host the cookfest and/or ask what you can buy at the store to help her make it. Ask what kind of wine she likes. If you get a voicemail, just leave the usual "what's up" message, then leave the ball in her court. Don't text or call over the entire weekend.

I happen to believe that you will schedule something for after Thanksgiving. Next step for you is not screwing it up after that... haha
I agree with the Arch-Bishop here. She seems genuinely interested in you and there's no reason you shouldn't contact her again soon. I mean don't seem too desperate or anything but setting up something now will do no harm in the short or long term.

The ladder theory IMO is better for things like pick-ups.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is not a female on this planet I would take out on a first date and drop $100+. I would not re-contact that broad at all.

Dinner first dates are awful.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I have made the $100+ date, and I have rarely felt like it was worth it. The bad part about dinner first dates is that you might despise the person by the time you order. Then you're stuck with him/her for 45-60 more minutes trying to be nice. As the guy, you're almost certainly on the hook for the tab. It's just a risky use of money. I tend to do more activity based dates with the dinner option.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have made the $100+ date, and I have rarely felt like it was worth it. The bad part about dinner first dates is that you might despise the person by the time you order. Then you're stuck with him/her for 45-60 more minutes trying to be nice. As the guy, you're almost certainly on the hook for the tab. It's just a risky use of money. I tend to do more activity based dates with the dinner option.
Yeah, it was definitely a bad call. I got a bit overexcited about this chick and thought we'd connect chatting (and I wanted to show off a bit) but it was pretty clear from the get-go that it wasn't happening. Looking back on it she was pretty stuck up, a lot of things she said/did were probably "oh **** lady" worthy. But she was cute and I fail at exercising judgment (and occasionally personality) while on first dates.

I have a bad habit of getting interested in women too quickly when dating and I'm pretty open to people, in that if I find a woman attractive and can find one thing about her I like (seems nice, sense of humor, etc) I'll excuse other stuff to try and make it work. This is why I avoid dating like the plague and try to stick to FWB with chicks I'm pretty but not insanely attracted to and that don't have life goals that match up with mine.

Definitely a lesson. From now on first dates are something cheap and fast that, if something clicks, can turn into more.

Oh well. I've dropped more money on dumber things. Haha. I also am pretty steadfast on a new rule that if a chick doesn't offer to chip in on a tab on a first date, no call. I always pay but it's pretty rude and stuck up to not even offer, this ain't 1950.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 11-22-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
hey sportsfan... the godfathers in Auburn is legendary. If it all doesn't work out, I think they have a dinner buffet.
Dude we used to have a Godfathers in Port Angeles but they closed it. Easily one of the most depressing days of my life.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, it was definitely a bad call. I got a bit overexcited about this chick and thought we'd connect chatting (and I wanted to show off a bit) but it was pretty clear from the get-go that it wasn't happening. Looking back on it she was pretty stuck up, a lot of things she said/did were probably "oh **** lady" worthy. But she was cute and I fail at exercising judgment (and occasionally personality) while on first dates.

I have a bad habit of getting interested in women too quickly when dating and I'm pretty open to people, in that if I find a woman attractive and can find one thing about her I like (seems nice, sense of humor, etc) I'll excuse other stuff to try and make it work. This is why I avoid dating like the plague and try to stick to FWB with chicks I'm pretty but not insanely attracted to and that don't have life goals that match up with mine.

Definitely a lesson. From now on first dates are something cheap and fast that, if something clicks, can turn into more.

Oh well. I've dropped more money on dumber things. Haha. I also am pretty steadfast on a new rule that if a chick doesn't offer to chip in on a tab on a first date, no call. I always pay but it's pretty rude and stuck up to not even offer, this ain't 1950.
You seem to get distracted easily because you are used to getting what you want from women who you think are beneath you. You want sex from one girl you meet (like the MILF), but then you see a shiny object and want that one. This lifestyle appears to bore you now, so you're trying to apply the same style to dating women with substance. Women with substance don't necessarily care how much you spend or how much you make. While this is a nice to have item, they're more interested in how you treat them. You seem to specialize in finding women who will bend to your whim and come when you call. This works great when you don't want companionship or a challenge or a partner.

What I think would help you tremendously at this point is for you to take some time alone and perform an honest self assessment. Questions such as:

* What am I looking for in relationships with women?
* What qualities do I need to have in a woman I want?
* Why do I value those qualities? What is it about myself that makes me chase those things?
* Do I chase these qualities because they are the best thing for me or do I do it because of a personality issue (i.e. vanity)?

Once you have this profile worked out, you can start looking for women who meet those criteria. You need to understand what makes you tick. I think you have a lot of ego that you derive based on what you think other people think about you. You do well in your professional life. You probably drive a nice car and wear really nice clothing. You have swagger. However, do you have substance? Do you offer women anything outside of economic security? Are you capable of and willing to listen? Are you capable of presenting yourself in a positive light without looking like an arrogant tool?

It appears that you have recognized a pattern with yourself, and you don't like it. Perhaps you are feeling lonely around the holidays because your current interactions are admittedly shallow. Perhaps you are bored with women who offer you no challenge. Maybe there is a woman in your past who hurt you, so you are trying to avoid a real connection in order to protect yourself. I could be way off, as well. However, you seem to be wanting something different than what you have right now. In order to find that, you need to identify what you want and need. Understanding why you do what you do will help you overcome your weaknesses and keep you from chasing away someone who is good for you.

Last edited by bsaza2358 : 11-22-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It appears that you have recognized a pattern with yourself, and you don't like it. Perhaps you are feeling lonely around the holidays because your current interactions are admittedly shallow. Perhaps you are bored with women who offer you no challenge. Maybe there is a woman in your past who hurt you, so you are trying to avoid a real connection in order to protect yourself. I could be way off, as well. However, you seem to be wanting something different than what you have right now. In order to find that, you need to identify what you want and need. Understanding why you do what you do will help you overcome your weaknesses and keep you from chasing away someone who is good for you.
You need to start a radio talk show, man, I'm tellin' ya.. "dating talk with the godfather." It'd be a hit.

You're pretty much right on.. actually, ridiculously right on (I'm almost always wearing nice clothes and I drive a 2005 black-on-black 'stang.) The one real relationship I ever had ****** me over and I avoid real relationships because of it. I listen and am nice to women but it's kind of in a going-through-the-paces sort of way.

And you're right, a challenge is what I need. I either seem to fail on first dates or **** the chick.. something in between would be nice. And it's not like I want to be shallow, it just seems the few times I try to do the dating thing it fails and I get emo about it and find a chick to **** without the emotional ties. It scares me sometimes how emotionally detached I get with women; I've almost laughed when breaking up with women before and that's not the kind of person I like to think I am.

In all seriousness, you're the godfather of relationship advice for men. All hail the godfather.