Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-22-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
You need to start a radio talk show, man, I'm tellin' ya.. "dating talk with the godfather." It'd be a hit.

You're pretty much right on.. actually, ridiculously right on (I'm almost always wearing nice clothes and I drive a 2005 black-on-black 'stang.) The one real relationship I ever had ****** me over and I avoid real relationships because of it. I listen and am nice to women but it's kind of in a going-through-the-paces sort of way.

And you're right, a challenge is what I need. I either seem to fail on first dates or **** the chick.. something in between would be nice. And it's not like I want to be shallow, it just seems the few times I try to do the dating thing it fails and I get emo about it and find a chick to **** without the emotional ties. It scares me sometimes how emotionally detached I get with women; I've almost laughed when breaking up with women before and that's not the kind of person I like to think I am.

In all seriousness, you're the godfather of relationship advice for men. All hail the godfather.
Keep it locked and loaded because I'm about to blow your mind...

To put it simply: Get Over Yourself. Your past will always be with you, but itís still your past. You canít hide from it, so you just have to accept it. Stay in the present. Everyone has their own BS. The key for you (and everyone) is to identify why you do what you do, then make changes to your perspective if you have to. For instance, I had an issue with my ego where I stayed with my ex because I felt like her being so hot made me look good. I used that to ignore the glaring issues that were making me miserable (codependent, hated other women including my mom, confrontational, etc.). After we broke up, I had to do a lot of soul searching and work on myself to identify why I stayed and why things worked and why they didnít. As I started other relationships, I was able to catch myself slipping into old habits, then I would get clear of my own BS and stay in the present. It took me a lot of trial and error, but I finally got to the point where I knew what I wanted and was capable of acting on it when I found it.

Until you invest the time and effort to get past your past (no pun intended), you are going to be stuck in the same cycle. You seem like a smart and cool and funny dude. It seems like you have your crap together and are able to haul poon. If you just change your focus and look to cultivate healthy relationships, you should do well. Here are some thoughts for you to ponder:

1.) You pay for these dinners because you like to show off. You want to project this image of economic security to her. When you think she is impressed, you feel like you are impressive. That is important to you.
2.) Whenever you pay for these dinners, you seem to expect something from the girl on sexual level. Clearly the girls are picking up on this from your behavior. This is attracting the kinds of people you donít want and driving away the ones you do.
3.) Your emotional detachment is a security blanket that you have developed to protect yourself from intimacy. If you donít allow yourself to get close to anyone, you canít get hurt.

These are very basic ideas. Again, I might not be dead on, but you need to think about why you act the way you act. You need to develop your profile and understand triggers to your antisocial actions. When you are out and about, you need to recognize when you start to sink into your old behaviors, then get yourself clear. Essentially, take a breath, recognize, refocus, continue on the current path. The key is to stay present. Focused on the current situation and listening actively.

My advice is to take the rest of 2010 alone. Maybe even stop having sex for 6 weeks. Take time to yourself and figure yourself out more. Focus on you and making yourself happy without the girl. When you feel ready that you can get out there and be more involved and attentive, venture out slowly. When you know what you want, just go ahead and start looking. Plan dates where youíre out and about doing fun things. Try to meet girls doing a shared activity, whether itís volunteer work, sports, etc. Give people a chance and focus on who they are and whether you can have a sustained relationship. Donít let your BS get in the way. Stop telling self-serving stories. Ask questions of the women and listen and comment. Stop using cheesy, lewd lines like drinking a dirty martini and winking. Be more yourself.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I.. don't know about the sex thing. I'm probably about to get some from a really hot, shy college freshman. But besides that your advice and wisdom is again spot on. I try +repping every one of your posts but alas, the forums will not let me.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I.. don't know about the sex thing. I'm probably about to get some from a really hot, shy college freshman.
I am actually in agreement with bsaza on that.

One of the best things I ever did for my own personal growth was go a couple months without pursuing or hitting on girls and spending my free time doing stuff with my friends and for myself. Throw out your concern for the ladies and you find yourself in situations where you're not coming on here pissed and/or upset.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Keep us posted!
We've got a study date coming up this Sunday. At this point I don't feel like I'm a priority for her, so I'm wanting an opportunity to spend time with her one-on-one so that I can show her why I should be a Plan A. If it fails and nothing happens, then moving on will be the next step.

Any advice heading into this? Been a while since I've had to woo a girl.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um. Wtf? The chick I was flirting with apparently was flirting on behalf of her college freshman, deaf friend. And she wants to have sex 'cuz she never has before. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Apparently they went through the non-deaf chick's facebook to find a guy the deaf chick thought was cute. So that's nice. But wtf?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is she hot?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Is she hot?
Smoking... Says she doesn't want a relationship 'cuz we can't communicate. Just sex one time. She's only 18, though. It's only 6 years but it makes me feel dirty.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Smoking... Says she doesn't want a relationship 'cuz we can't communicate. Just sex one time.
why the **** not?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go for it. It'll be a great ego booster, mainly because she'll be moaning the entire time and it'll have nothing to do with your sexual performance.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
why the **** not?
I don't know. I feel like someone is going to arrest me or beat the **** outta me for having sex with an 18 year old deaf girl.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Body language is the strongest form of communication...
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know. I feel like someone is going to arrest me or beat the **** outta me for having sex with an 18 year old deaf girl.
Just remember,
If she says "DDNUUUHGHHGGHAAAWWW"
it's rape if you continue.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know the saying, women are like parking spaces. Sometimes when you can't find a good space, you gotta stick it in a handicapped one.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Imagine Helen Keller having sex.

This mental image brought to you by TH.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

I am seriously at a crossroads here. Do I help this girl experience the joys of getting plowed or do I stick to my gut that doesn't feel comfortable with this at all?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I am seriously at a crossroads here. Do I help this girl experience the joys of getting plowed or do I stick to my gut that doesn't feel comfortable with this at all?
can't hurt to try, if you feel uncomfortable when you're balls deep, just leave.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait wait wait... so you're telling me there is a girl that can't get laid because of her lack of being able to hear things causing guys to not want to plow here?

So instead of being a good guy and not being like every other d*****, you're going to just go ahead and be one of those many common guys.

I say be the bigger person and plow her. (never thought I'd say that...)
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a highly consensual situation, go for it. This is coming from a guy who has AQ-like skepticism on these issues.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Wait wait wait... so you're telling me there is a girl that can't get laid because of her lack of being able to hear things causing guys to not want to plow here?

So instead of being a good guy and not being like every other d*****, you're going to just go ahead and be one of those many common guys.

I say be the bigger person and plow her. (never thought I'd say that...)
I.. I... don't know what to say.

I also kind of think this chick is just ******* with me to try and get to tell my friends I tried to take advantage of a deaf girl. So I'm being cautious.

I've never met this deaf girl she's trying to hook me up with. I'm skeptical.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well just give as little information as possible. Just be like, alright, tell her to stop by my place on this day and this time. If she shows up, you rail her, no questions asked (literally), and if she doesn't then you know they were just ******* around.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

HAHAHAHA.
Bad news. I was right, it was an attempt at trickery.
Good news, I turned the tables and screwed with the chick that was screwing with me by going on a horribly perverted rant of things I would do to her.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since this is a booming thread right now, I'll throw this out there although I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

This girl that I hang out with every once in a bit amongst other friends asked me "Why don't you have a girlfriend?" I forget what I responded with because I was nearly blackout drunk, and she said, "I don't know how you don't have a girlfriend." It wasn't presented in a "no girlfriend=loser" way either. Now she has a friend that talks to me a bit more that I usually hang out with in this group as well.

Is it

A) Girl who asked me wants it
B) Girl asked on behalf of her friend, who wants it
C) I'm a drunken asshole who shouldn't try and read people Lie To Me style after nearly an entire bottle of vodka and countless beers.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Since this is a booming thread right now, I'll throw this out there although I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

This girl that I hang out with every once in a bit amongst other friends asked me "Why don't you have a girlfriend?" I forget what I responded with because I was nearly blackout drunk, and she said, "I don't know how you don't have a girlfriend." It wasn't presented in a "no girlfriend=loser" way either. Now she has a friend that talks to me a bit more that I usually hang out with in this group as well.

Is it

A) Girl who asked me wants it
B) Girl asked on behalf of her friend, who wants it
C) I'm a drunken asshole who shouldn't try and read people Lie To Me style after nearly an entire bottle of vodka and countless beers.
Could be A or B. Only way to tell is ****** girl A and then ask her.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um. Wtf? The chick I was flirting with apparently was flirting on behalf of her college freshman, deaf friend. And she wants to have sex 'cuz she never has before. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Apparently they went through the non-deaf chick's facebook to find a guy the deaf chick thought was cute. So that's nice. But wtf?
Dude that is too funny to not **** her. That is a story you can tell the rest of your life.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'll go with this, but at least try to hit it first.