Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-08-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

boo...talking. i'd start slower by mastering the things that you don't talk during but like and can get used to being around each other.

bowling and eating are other main things at this time of year with what you are trying to do.

other than that you need a group of people. board games, drinking games, hanging out, whatever. which I guess has its own pros and cons in that you'll have competition but potentially more fish in the sea as well.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 01-08-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
bros, i need your feels.

i like this girl. i think she likes me back. the problem is that there are massive issues if she doesn't. like a bad reaction to that admission would be seriously friendship and maybe even career threatening.

strategies -

a - i like you, i hope you like me back.
b - do you like me?
c - **** all of this, i'll take enough morphine to not feel much of anything.

a sucks if the answer is no for various reasons that have little to do with me personally but have a lot to do with the Big Picture. b is pathetic and i'd rather not even remotely entertain it as an idea. c is viable but also pathetic for similar reasons.

give me your best shot, dc. i'll provide any necessary details.
I'll say... modified A.

First start is great. Tell her how you feel. But don't leave it open ended with a "do you like me back?" or even vulnerable with "I hope you like me back."

Be forceful and commanding. "I like you. (period) Let's go out. (don't say sometime. You're going for forceful remember?) [Insert place here] on [insert day of week--within 3 days]. I'll pick you up at [insert time]."

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Can't believe I'm doing this again, but I'll give DC a shot again.

Context: We go to a Christian University, really a pretty boring city, worthwhile city 30 minutes away.

Story: She is a girl I initialy didn't think much of, but lately I have decided to pursue something. I have her number and we talk over text about every 3 days. (Trying not to come across desperate) 50% of our conversations is about Harry Potter because I just finished the books and she loves them. I'm planning to watch the movies with her and a group of her friends (guys & girls). We really aren't even that much of friends yet. More like borderline aquaintance that hopefully become friends this semester. I guess I would appreciate some good date ideas/lines I could use to get dating started. I don't know if I like her enough to be in a relationship I just want to get in the arena of dating.

Please just remember context ^ I'm looking for different things than most guys (Christian Morals).

Thanks guys. I hope you all enjoy the wildcard games this sunday.
"Just finished the Harry Potter books. Wanna join me for a Harry Potter marathon? I'll bring some goodies."

Then as things progress, see what I told njx.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I'll say... modified A.

First start is great. Tell her how you feel. But don't leave it open ended with a "do you like me back?" or even vulnerable with "I hope you like me back."

Be forceful and commanding. "I like you. (period) Let's go out. (don't say sometime. You're going for forceful remember?) [Insert place here] on [insert day of week--within 3 days]. I'll pick you up at [insert time]."
I would even suggest the work week date. If you make plans on like a Tuesday or Wednesday, she might be wondering why you didn't ask for a weekend date. Well, **** that you are busy on the weekend. (even if you are just going to sit in your underwear and watch cartoons while drinking beers, you project that you are busy.)

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody should ever listen to prowler. I'd be shocked if he didn't have a supply of roofies he keeps with him constantly.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Context: We go to a Christian University, really a pretty boring city, worthwhile city 30 minutes away.

Story: She is a girl I initialy didn't think much of, but lately I have decided to pursue something. I have her number and we talk over text about every 3 days. (Trying not to come across desperate) 50% of our conversations is about Harry Potter because I just finished the books and she loves them. I'm planning to watch the movies with her and a group of her friends (guys & girls). We really aren't even that much of friends yet. More like borderline aquaintance that hopefully become friends this semester. I guess I would appreciate some good date ideas/lines I could use to get dating started. I don't know if I like her enough to be in a relationship I just want to get in the arena of dating.

Please just remember context ^ I'm looking for different things than most guys (Christian Morals).

Spend some time with her in person before you decide if you want to date her, or more importantly, if she even finds you attractive. Unless you're leaving something out here, you have a text buddy you discuss wizard books with. Unless you're both socially awkward, it will probably seem weird to her for you to ask her out on a date randomly.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Nobody should ever listen to prowler. I'd be shocked if he didn't have a supply of roofies he keeps with him constantly.
I was trying to keep it Christian, but I could hook him up with some roofies. In general, alcohol and them remotely being interested is usually enough.

I promise to tailor my recommended methods to each individual case. I can be good or bad.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Watch the movies and talk about Emma Watson incessantly.

At least that's what I would do.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does this thread only pertain to relationships in terms over girlfriends and such?
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It can be about boyfriends too, if that's your kinda thing..
Old 01-08-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It can be about boyfriends too, if that's your kinda thing..
Or girls with wieners.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
going back and forth in your own head.
that is ultimately our flaw.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it is too easy to convince yourself to do/not to do something. Outside opinions are important.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh god...I cant tell you how happy I was to hear back from that girl I like today. Didnt text me for two days and I was feeling pretty low. I dont want to be that guy who has to text too much to get your attention. I'm not normally the one doing the chasing. And that would make me appear creepy or desperate, in my eyes. But yeah, talked to her for two hours today...I probably shouldnt stress over it. She likes to play her games, but they def. get to me. This girl drives me crazy...in a good way.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:27 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting too drunk to pick up on hints is the worst. And waking up and realizing it is even worse. I met her around a week ago and got her number. Talked a couple times since but nothing real serious just bullshitting but I really actually like her. What's the next step from here NFLDC?

Seems like she likes to play games and ****. Not really into that but it does seem like the feeling is mutual.

Last edited by yo123 : 01-09-2012 at 03:48 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:48 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You send a text asking her what she's doing __(today, tonight, tomorrow, this weekend, whatever)__ and ******** something like, i've been wanting to go do this random activity __(see a movie, go to this restaurant, go play pool, anything)__ and i was gonna ask if you wanted to come with me. Or just ask her to meet up for drinks or something. If you want to know whether she's interested, you need to go out with her.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:50 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thing is she lives 3 hours away. I just moved away and we talked about meeting up one of these weekends but nothing set in stone. My first instinct is always to not sound desperate, but that's ****** me over plenty of times.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:56 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Why are you doing this to yourself yo?! It's an uphill battle from the start with her being so far away, and if she's flakey/unsure, it's gonna be damn near impossible for ya'll to do something since you absolutely need to be sure if you plan on seeing someone that you have to travel three hours to.

Honestly, if you really wanna see her, make it seem urgent, but not because of her. Say you have to do something back home and you're gonna be there that weekend so you should hang out, or that you're gonna be in town such and such day. Of course this puts you at risk of her canceling and having the whole trip be a waste... but.. this is why we don't do long distance!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:03 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Agreed. I've just really never taken much of an initiating role in a relationship before, for various reasons. Probably more an issue of me putting myself out there than an actual issue, but it's just never natural for me. My thought at the moment is **** it just give it a shot though, which is probably the right one.

Last edited by yo123 : 01-09-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going on a first date tonight with this girl. This should be interesting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-10-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
good luck keep us updated
Old 01-10-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Remember to whip it out and lay some pipe.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Remember to whip it out and lay some pipe.
She gets her games, you should get to play around a little bit too..

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

She's a little hesitant/nervous, because she says she's not used to nice guys, or the "gentleman attention/treatment". I was going to arrive with a rose, but I dont know if that's just really cheesy. haha. I think I'm gonna do it anyway. I havent been on a date in a long time. I'd like to treat this girl like she's never been treated. lol. That's just my nature.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-10-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
She's a little hesitant/nervous, because she says she's not used to nice guys, or the "gentleman attention/treatment". I was going to arrive with a rose, but I dont know if that's just really cheesy. haha. I think I'm gonna do it anyway. I havent been on a date in a long time. I'd like to treat this girl like she's never been treated. lol. That's just my nature.
Not on a first date, it entered my mind (more than once) but I thought better of it.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote