Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-10-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Going on a first date tonight with this girl. This should be interesting.
I'll pray for your ****.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Not on a first date, it entered my mind (more than once) but I thought better of it.
Oh it's happening. lol

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im 15 so i probably know nothing but from past experience trying to to seem desperate or eager never works! Depends on their personality though.

EDIT: I'll probably get banned from the thread so i actually lied before, im 18! ;)

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A flower is just a sweet gesture...not an act of desperation. Hell, I wait for this girl to text me. lol. I'd feel desperate if I was the one texting every five seconds. She'll probably just laugh it off anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-10-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A flower is just a sweet gesture...not an act of desperation. Hell, I wait for this girl to text me. lol. I'd feel desperate if I was the one texting every five seconds. She'll probably just laugh it off anyway.
Oh no i wasnt talking about you taking a flower :D just a general comment because of what people had been saying about tryna play it cool.

By all means, take a flower. Again, what i say probably means nothing but oh well ;)

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-10-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depends on the girl imo. Some girls really like the chivalry treatment. Some don't care but will probably like it, and some might find it cheesy and not like it but those are usually dumb hoes that put the town bicycle to shame.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Oh no i wasnt talking about you taking a flower :D just a general comment because of what people had been saying about tryna play it cool.

By all means, take a flower. Again, what i say probably means nothing but oh well ;)
gotcha. The over desperation thing isnt the best route to go. lol. Sure, I want to text/talk to this girl all the time, but a little patience goes a long way, as they say. haha.

I have very little game, myself. I'm just a nice guy and I try to be genuine, it works for me. Dont get too ahead of yourself, and get all stalker like. hahaha. I get pretty heavy crush feelings too, so I know how tough it can be sometimes. Just be natural and you should be good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 01-10-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
It depends on the girl imo. Some girls really like the chivalry treatment. Some don't care but will probably like it, and some might find it cheesy and not like it but those are usually dumb hoes that put the town bicycle to shame.
I just cant be an asshole...sure a lot of girls like the bad boy, aka douche bag. But I just dont have that in me. They may not say it, but damn near all girls like the chivalry treatment. A lot of girls just choose to be with dicks who dont really give a ****.

I'll admit, I can be a little cheesy...with my over romanticized outlook on things, but I cant really change that. I laugh about it, hopefully whomever I'm after, or with, can find it sweet and silly at the same time. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-10-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have natural asshole-ish tendencies with most people, but for the most part i'm always very chivalrous and old fashioned with girls i date. Thankfully it landed me my current girlfriend, and i couldn't be more glad. Always do your thing and be your natural self, as cliche as it sounds, that's what will ultimately bring most satisfaction.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just cant be an asshole...sure a lot of girls like the bad boy, aka douche bag. But I just dont have that in me. They may not say it, but damn near all girls like the chivalry treatment. A lot of girls just choose to be with dicks who dont really give a ****.

I'll admit, I can be a little cheesy...with my over romanticized outlook on things, but I cant really change that. I laugh about it, hopefully whomever I'm after, or with, can find it sweet and silly at the same time. lol.
I'm pretty much the same way for the most part. I tend to get a little over the top but I don't even realize it. I will however have my moments of sarcasm but then who doesn't?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I dont know first hand about the forward stratagy but my mate is like that and he does alright :D im never the one being over the top, im the "i dunno" guy and its failed me before but when i've been in the middle of desperate and not caring it goes alright. The only problem is i find it hard to convince myself that they like me back. They're probably like "i wish he would act like he cared more" but im just too much of a d*** to force myself into believing they like me.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-10-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
She's a little hesitant/nervous, because she says she's not used to nice guys, or the "gentleman attention/treatment". I was going to arrive with a rose, but I dont know if that's just really cheesy. haha. I think I'm gonna do it anyway. I havent been on a date in a long time. I'd like to treat this girl like she's never been treated. lol. That's just my nature.
do this. it'll be completely unexpected given what you've said about your romantic nature. 2 out of 3 times it gets you laid.

Last edited by thefalconer : 01-10-2012 at 05:10 PM.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
stop it, you have blue steel.
I just want to see magnum.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
stop it, you have blue steel.
That should have turned into a meme. Like, a worldwide meme.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed, I look at it a little different though, I don't buy flowers (or a flower) for a first date because then gestures like that are expected. And if a chick who doesn't deserve the gesture in the first place, its something expected. That's my theory anyway. Plus, its one of the more prominent gestures you can give, why use it right away?

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We could be the same person.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This weekend I had a work thing, and while there I met a girl who is 22 and works at a school like 15 minutes from me. She is super cute and we hit it off well. So, as I was leaving yesterday, I asked for her number, suggesting that because we live so close we should hang out. I gathered from conversation that most of her friends all live in a kind of a way from her. She lives, basically, right down the highway from me. Last night, she texted me asking if I had any drinking plans. I waited like 20 minutes before responding and then said "I am always down to drink."

About 30 minutes later, I didnt have a response, so I said, "were you looking to make plans?" (pretty sure that was mistake one). She responded with "yeah but with a group of people somewhere around here" and I responded with "so you don't have many friends around here either, huh?" She replied "I have one with me, but I dont feel like going far or showering! What am I thinking? Haha" (her exact words). I felt like she was being awkward, so I ended up telling her that I was going out with a friend, and that she was more than welcome to come along and bring her friend (I was starting to wonder if there even was someone there), and she said something along the lines of "it's tempting but I think I'm just going to stay in and sleep :/ we should plan something soon." I feel like I ****** afterwards because I said, "You don't have work tomorrow why not just come out? Name a bar, it's not a big deal."

I never got a response, but it was like 10PM. I have no idea what my next move should be. I was planning on just texting her Thursday and asking if she wanted to meet up over the weekend, but I don't know if I should back off. I felt like it was encouraging that she messaged me, but I don't know what to think, other than I'm my worst enemy.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like she's still a young seedling. You need to go plant some more while you wait for that one to develop. Are you having any awesome Super Bowl parties that she can tag along to? Preferably at a place where you have two chicks planted there to hit on you and tell you how awesome you are in front of her. Its the further evolution of the "social" path to icebreaking.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Analysis paralysis, Brent. Just chill and text her again in a day or two, a little more passive. For all you know she may have just fallen asleep early. Well, either that or she was getting railed by her "friend", but give yourself the benefit of the doubt. Don't automatically assume that since she didn't come out that night, she isn't interested at all.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Analysis paralysis, Brent. Just chill and text her again in a day or two, a little more passive. For all you know she may have just fallen asleep early. Well, either that or she was getting railed by her "friend", but give yourself the benefit of the doubt. Don't automatically assume that since she didn't come out that night, she isn't interested at all.
I wasn't assuming that she's not interested because she didn't go out. I figured she was looking for a low-maintenance hang out but that didn't come to fruition.

I was going to wait till Thursday or so to see if she wanted to meet up over the weekend. I'll suggest somewhere near her.

By the way, I am combining the advice I receive here with my trusted female friend's. She suggested waiting till the weekend.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Well you did say that you weren't sure if you should back off, so that's what i assumed you meant.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well you did say that you weren't sure if you should back off, so that's what i assumed you meant.
When I say back off, I mean like wait 2 weeks.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Most women are extremely fickle; if you wait two weeks to text her again she might not even remember why she gave you her number in the first place. A few days should be enough.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fortune favors the bold. Give here a day or two and ask if she wants to meet up somewhere for kolaches and a bj. Take the Courage Wolf approach.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

This isn't the stonage anymore, CJ. Women are no longer courted by throwing them the skinned carcass of wild buffalo.