Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-01-2014, 01:18 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
the only thing i guess that that could qualify is she laughs at my jokes. but she hasn't touched my arm, flirted, etc. i'm sure there are a lot of other signs that i don't know about but i don't really think about that stuff, just the obvious ones and the gut feeling i get.

i'll probably ask her out soon just to find out (i'm guessing she'll say no, but who knows). my main issue is my anxiety. in my head its smooth and confident, in reality its just jitters and stuttering. i might have a beer before just to loosen up a bit.
Well, you are guessing she will say no... that is a problem. Moreover, I don't think alcohol is such a bad idea but do make sure you don't smell like alcohol when you ask her out.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:37 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Well, you are guessing she will say no... that is a problem. Moreover, I don't think alcohol is such a bad idea but do make sure you don't smell like alcohol when you ask her out.
I fluctuate between great confidence and extreme self-doubt. Just yesterday I felt better about my chances. I'm guessing its nerves. I'm also insanely tired so maybe that has something to do with my confidence being shot.

If i do have a beer i'll chew some gum right after. I definitely open up with a drink or two but i'm just looking for a buzz.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the end of the day, you have to realize that you shouldn't give a ****. This isn't the girl of your dreams here.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:26 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most important thing is to realize you aren't a ***** and need to act accordingly.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:30 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if anyone cares, an update:

I talked to her after class and there was definitely a good vibe. Again, no obvious signs but it felt like she was into me this time, by the way she was talking to me, the fact that she goes to bed early for work but kept ignoring multiple buses to keep talking (and we weren't saying anything of real consequence), etc...i can go into detail if anyone really wants but the tl;dr is i had a good vibe.

And i possibly would have made a move....if my best friend didn't run into me while the two of us were talking. I wish i was making that up. Although tbh, i'm not 100% sure i would have gone through with it. I was trying to work my way into that discussion before my friend came by.

This was our last class...now my plan is to email or facebook her and ask her to meet up next week to work on our paper, and go along the lines of "when we're done this paper we have to celebrate this weekend" or something like that. And if we can't meet up, i'll just ask her online, as i guess i wouldn't have any other choice.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 04-03-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're over thinking it man. When you are going to be doing something or want to do something (simple as want to get lunch) just hit her up and be like, "hey I was going to grab some lunch and was wondering if you wanted to join me".

It keeps it casual, but she knows that you thought of her first.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any advice on how to break up with someone? Never done it, but planning on pulling the trigger today.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Any advice on how to break up with someone? Never done it, but planning on pulling the trigger today.
man up do it face to face and keep it simple without going into alot of details.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:09 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Just be honest with her and straight forward. Don't go in to hurt her feelings. Just tell her it's not working out and that you want to see other people.

If the reason you're breaking up with her is because you want her best friend - you might want to be more tactful than to say that, though.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Send her an email.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:30 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

So i asked a girl if she wanted to celebrate our final paper/end of semester with me, and she said "well, we can't do it on Thursday" (i had just told her how i had a ton of exams/papers to work on Thursday night/Friday morning). Thats pretty much all she/we said about that....i've yet to respond. if a girl was into you they would have brought up days where neither of us were busy, right?

I'm guessing I should be taking it as a rejection...thats my overwhelming gut instinct.

(this is done over email because i have no reason to see her in school, our class is over. also, my plan to ask her out in person was ruined by my friend running into us. read this page, my earlier posts should be at the top of this page/previous page).
Old 04-09-2014, 12:32 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why wouldn't you follow it up by asking when you can celebrate?
Old 04-09-2014, 12:37 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So i asked a girl if she wanted to celebrate our final paper/end of semester with me, and she said "well, we can't do it on Thursday" (i had just told her how i had a ton of exams/papers to work on Thursday night/Friday morning). Thats pretty much all she/we said about that....i've yet to respond. if a girl was into you they would have brought up days where neither of us were busy, right?

I'm guessing I should be taking it as a rejection...thats my overwhelming gut instinct.

(this is done over email because i have no reason to see her in school, our class is over. also, my plan to ask her out in person was ruined by my friend running into us. read this page, my earlier posts should be at the top of this page/previous page).
Do you think you'll have more classes with each other? If not, I'd say how does Friday night sound and go for it all because you don't want to be a weekday guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:37 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Do you think you'll have more classes with each other? If not, I'd say how does Friday night sound and go for it all because you don't want to be a weekday guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:38 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Why wouldn't you follow it up by asking when you can celebrate?
i edited my post, this is (unfortunately) all being done via email. our class ended a week ago, my last chance in person got flubbed by a random event (friend running into us) and i don't have her #. I asked her to meet up with me this week at school (to meet up for "school" work, but really so i could ask her out in person) but she lives too far, and i believe thats legit. So i went by email because i figure i have nothing to lose.

I haven't responded yet to this latest reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Nope, class is over, just working on our final project. I was thinking of sending this reply (how about the next night then, something like that). I just wanted to run it by you guys and sleep on it.

If we were talking in person, i'd probably say that. But for better or worse i tend to think on things when communicating by email/facebook/text.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 04-09-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:44 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

There's no need to run it by anyone, that's absolutely the play here, especially if she said "well we can't on Thursday". Usually that's her leaving the door open to you suggesting another day.. So... Suggest another day.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:47 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

My girl is wanting to end things because I refuse to not wave at my friends while they walk by us when we are talking. She says I am staring at other girls and not giving her my full attention.

After making me stop hugging my girlfriends, which was fine I guess.

She says I am disrespecting her and just cries and cries and cries. And she's 24, 2 years older than me.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:48 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The ex has a new boyfriend.

I thought I was FULLY over her - but the fact that I heard of this, that it bothered me and I felt like posting it makes it evident that is not the case.

Bah. Enough of that.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:55 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
My girl is wanting to end things because I refuse to not wave at my friends while they walk by us when we are talking. She says I am staring at other girls and not giving her my full attention.

After making me stop hugging my girlfriends, which was fine I guess.

She says I am disrespecting her and just cries and cries and cries. And she's 24, 2 years older than me.
Get a new gf. I've learned the hard way, that that never, ever changes. Get out while you can.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:27 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49er - In my past experience with girls being a bit flakey, I just put the ball in their court (rather then basing your plans on them). Just make plans with your buddies and say "hey, we are doing this on this day. You should come by." If she comes cool, if not then forget her.

Bama - It's not about girls like that. If she wants to end a relationship for stupid **** like that, then she probably isn't someone you'd want to date in the first place. Nobody needs that kind of drama in their life.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:50 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's no need to run it by anyone, that's absolutely the play here, especially if she said "well we can't on Thursday". Usually that's her leaving the door open to you suggesting another day.. So... Suggest another day.
Yea I second this
Old 04-09-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Get a new gf. I've learned the hard way, that that never, ever changes. Get out while you can.
Yeah that is the tough truth. Unfortunately she does a lot right. Would never cheat on me, sexy latina girl, buys me food, etc etc.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah that is the tough truth. Unfortunately she does a lot right. Would never cheat on me, sexy latina girl, buys me food, etc etc.
there are plenty of those girls without the baggage.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most girls will buy you food if you just let them. Women want to do nice things for us the same way that we want to do nice things for them. It's fun to do nice things for people that you care about, but a lot of men have some macho obsession with not letting women do nice things for them. Then their girlfriends cheat on them with assholes like me.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I let and encourage my girlfriend to do things for me, and I very much enjoy it, but I do a ton for her, mostly because I love her and partially because it's wired in my brain to want to do everything for my girlfriend. **** gets rough sometimes though because she has nutty mood swings.