Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-27-2014, 01:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell is a friday bar
Old 04-27-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Danishfalcon
Rookie

Danishfalcon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What the hell is a friday bar
Haha, sorry. In Denmark every Friday a "bar" is established at your work place or university. Here you can go and enjoy a beer with colleagues, friends and sometimes your professors. Some end with just that one beer, others will proceed to all night drinking.
Danishfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like more often than not, i would end up drinking all night.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Danishfalcon
Rookie

Danishfalcon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That's how it usually goes..
Danishfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the protocol for asking someone out at work? Or when you're an outside contractor working in her office?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:52 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
It was to be expected but she'll come around. She already knew it. Being dishonest about it would've made you look worse ultimately.
Eh, she had me stay over last night because she was throwing up, but she hasn't really talked to me at all today.

Literally only have this week and then the week from May 19th to May 24th together. Other than that, I don't know when we will see each other. We may not until November.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:56 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
What's the protocol for asking someone out at work? Or when you're an outside contractor working in her office?
/mount office lady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:45 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danish - a rebound will be some random **** you meet at a bar or club or whatever, not an old buddy. Echoing Caddy, just go and get laid with some different woman is my suggestion.

As for this woman you like, do you have her number? Forget the idea of a friendship there for sure.

My date went quite well, I think. I will see her on the job Tuesday. I won't text her, but I'm hoping I'll hear from her tomorrow that she had a good time. I live by the rule of thumb not to use the "we should go out again sometime" line or text the girl first after a date. Night ended without me getting laid, but I'm fine with that as I think I'd of lost a lot of respect for her if she put out after one date. I like girls who put out easy as lays, not GF prospects.

Last edited by NotRickJames : 04-28-2014 at 02:48 AM.
NotRickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:04 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm I used to abide by such rules but if I don't hear from her and I want to say something then I do. If she had a good time and she doesn't text you then that is just her type of personality and she is probably hoping to hear from you. Conversely, if she didn't have a good time then it doesn't matter either way.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will talk to her Tuesday of course. I mean, even if I didn't want to there's no way I couldn't - we work with the same group.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:23 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my ex established a friendship with my best friend, a kid who I've grown up with and sleep over his house regularly and we go to each others family events on occasion. I do understand that they could be friends even without only knowing each other through me, and he says that the majority of their friendship was from when she was trying to get me back and he thought that she was good for me (she mightve cheated on me with her ex boyfriend whom she never stopped talking to even though we dated for 6 months).

When she asked if she could visit him at his college he said it would only be okay if I said it was. I told him it wasn't okay with me because this girl really disrespected me and I would feel like he'd be violating my trust by being closer friends with her, and how it would severely hinder our relationship. He originally didn't think it would be that bad but once I called him and told him of how I felt in a serious manner and how I felt like she was doing things to spite me for dating someone not her (told her I would like for her not to commondeer my best friend and she got very vindictive and nasty immediately, associates with people who do not like me for who I am dating). He understood and I believe and trust his word to not hang out with her.

Weeks went by and she still keeps bringing it up to mutual friends and my best friend. I agreed with one of the mutual friends who I realize is a dual agent and I can't really say much or trust him, about how my ex would try to get physical with my best friend even though he had a girlfriend to spite me. He must've told her that it was my idea and then she told my best friend I didn't trust him, so I denied that I said it at all. Saying that I just didnt want to have her disrupting my relationship with my best friend and that it had already gone too far and Id rather just ignore it than to keep talking about it. He agreed.

I feel like everyone would agree with me that an ex that cheated on you shouldnt be talking to your best friend. Its clear to me that shes manipulating the fact that my best friend is too nice to ignore people or be mean to them or to try not to be fair to both people regardless of circumstance. I talked to her only to try to keep him from being the medium and she apparently said I was calling her names and that was the furthest from the truth.

I am much healthier and happier in my current relationship, and can't deny that I do have feelings for my ex but not ones that I want to act on for a number of good reasons. I just don't want her to be involved with my life so that I can keep strengthening my current relationship. Am I wrong at all to feel this way? What should I do?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, if she wants to be friends with your best friend, let it happen. Your buddy may start bangin' her, and I agree that would be one of the worst feelings in the world (especially if you still have feelings for her), but you CAN'T control who your best friend is friends with, and you can't control who your ex is friends with. Furthermore, if your best friend has any respect for you whatsoever, he will not start bangin' your ex. If he does, then your lack of trust for him and her has been justified, they're both pieces of ***, and you move on and find a new friend.

Stop worrying about it. Especially if you are in a relationship with someone else that you are happy with. Your current girlfriend will recognize your struggle and leave you because of it. It shouldn't bother you so much to have your ex hang out with your best friend.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that your best friend also ran it by you about her coming to visit him at college, I think proves that you can trust him and he isn't going to start anything physical with her. If he does, see above.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think your BFF needs some BFF lessons. Idk bout y'all but if my buddy's ex wanted to talk to me, I'd tell her to take a hike. No matter how much I like her. My best friend's girlfriend and I are pretty cool but if they ever had a break up....I'd cut all ties with her if he does. If he remains on good terms with her and they still hang out and stuff then I'd stay cool with her too.

Basically....you follow your friend's lead. He hates her and sent her to pound sand...you send her to pound sand. If he still hangs out with her down the road cuz they broke up on good terms and whatever...you can stay on good terms.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree, i wouldn't talk to my friends ex.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:54 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the solution to so many of the inquiries in this thread

Old 05-27-2014, 01:47 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

Things went nowhere with that extern. Just didn't really click, despite the decent first date. She's gone from the program now.

In other news, I picked up the number of this waitress at B-Dubs. She's waited on me twice and I've been somewhat flirtatious. I went in there tonight to get carryout. She saw me, came over to me and we chatted briefly - and I got the digits. She's pretty solid. I'll buzz her about a date in about a week.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:27 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've been dating my girlfriend for a little over a month now (been seeing each other for closer to 4, but only been official for 1). Her birthday is in late June and I could use some help with gift ideas. Any suggestions?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
So I've been dating my girlfriend for a little over a month now (been seeing each other for closer to 4, but only been official for 1). Her birthday is in late June and I could use some help with gift ideas. Any suggestions?
Concert tickets. Always.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Concert tickets. Always.
This is so true. Otherwise, a nice dinner at a casual restaurant (Not to fancy or expensive) is always pretty good. Something where you spend some time together.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

My girl just had her birthday. Did flowers, baked her vegan cupcakes, bought a movie and some wine for us, went to dinner where we had our first date. Had all the stuff out when she came over with candles and ish and the wine in an ice bucket thing. BAM!

FWIW we are doing better but I still expect to die in my sleep at some point.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:02 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Something that will be an enjoyable experience for both. A good concert is a very good suggestion. Just don't do something idiotic like jewelry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
My girl just had her birthday. Did flowers, baked her vegan cupcakes, bought a movie and some wine for us, went to dinner where we had our first date. Had all the stuff out when she came over with candles and ish and the wine in an ice bucket thing. BAM!

FWIW we are doing better but I still expect to die in my sleep at some point.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

They were damn good too.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:14 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Something that will be an enjoyable experience for both. A good concert is a very good suggestion. Just don't do something idiotic like jewelry.
Yea I'm thinking a nice date night for the 2 of us, maybe 1 small gift as well. Definitely not jewlery though, waaaaay too early in the relationship for that IMO

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:21 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude. Take her to a fair.

Then your gift can be spending $250 to win a tiny teddy bear for her at a game booth.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote