Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-02-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing wrong with a good brew.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Yes, I am in high school. But we don't party. We love eachother and have talked about marriage. And she knows damn well that if she cheats on me or has one sip of an alcoholic beverage while i'm dating her that she will be gone in a second, no discussions or anything. She wouldn't ditch me because she loves me. And she doesn't control me. I've actually got quite the long leash. It's not like she tells me when I have to be home. We just simply love eachother. I com from a religious backgound and so does she. We understand what we are here for.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Rookie

635 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.635 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You have no feelings.
no, I'm just not a bitckh made guy like you are.
635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Rookie

635 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.635 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
But if you don't make her feel like she is the most important thing then she is going to get pissed off because she feels like something is better than her. I'm not the type of guy to sit on my ass and play World of Warcraft all day and ignore my girlfriend because my video games entertain me more. Rather, I love her to death, and I feel that I wouldn't be the same boyfriend if we didn't share that emotional connection.

And yes, only real men cry.
you'll never understand...

you can't put pu-ssy on a pedestal, that's the quickest way to lose a girl.

real men cry, but not over trivial things like crying with their girlfriends about how much they love them. That's just gonna tell her that when the time comes, you'll break down and cry instead of being a man.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:52 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 635 View Post
you'll never understand...

you can't put pu-ssy on a pedestal, that's the quickest way to lose a girl.

real men cry, but not over trivial things like crying with their girlfriends about how much they love them. That's just gonna tell her that when the time comes, you'll break down and cry instead of being a man.
Someone has been watching a little too much 40 Year Old Virgin.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:00 AM    (permalink
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
naw, that's from personal experience
Old 03-02-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Like i said. I don't believe in drinking under age. And not to mention, her dad would chop her head off if she did. I didn't say there was anything wrong with drinking when one is of age.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like i said. I don't believe in drinking under age. And not to mention, her dad would chop her head off if she did. I didn't say there was anything wrong with drinking when one is of age.
... vikes. slow down.

i also don't condone drinking under age. because most people are retards while and when they drink. brings a lot of babies into the world with fetal alcohol syndrome that we'll never 'really' know have it... (just look around your cohorts, you'll see)

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
The music thing was only one example, its one of my pet peeves. But I tried EVERYTHING to get her to open up and talk. I wasn't able to get anything from her.
Irony?

Did you pry her mouth open with a shovel to see if she talked THAT way?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To preface this post, I do not mean to get religious or offend anyone, especially vikes.

With that said, isn't it a bit hypocritical to have very strong religious beliefs and then decide to condemn someone for one little slip up. I mean, at the very least, any relationship as strong as the one you admit you believe you have should be built on accepting one another for any faults and forgiving most wrong doings.

Furthermore, and this is just a personal opinion of mine, I don't think anyone still in high school should get married, let alone be talking about it. Again, no offense to you vikes, but any person 18 or even younger is not mature enough or financially set enough to even contemplate marriage. Doesn't really matter what the situation is, how strong of a relationship it appears to be, what religion anyone is, the truth is that there is no way for any kid in high school to be ready for marriage. Contrary to popular belief, love isn't all that is needed for a relationship to succeed.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Irony?

Did you pry her mouth open with a shovel to see if she talked THAT way?
Uh, what was at all ironic about that statement? Just because I don't like to talk about myself doesn't mean I don't.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uh, what was at all ironic about that statement? Just because I don't like to talk about myself doesn't mean I don't.
I think what he really meant was a double entendre. Meaning you couldn't get her to say anything nor could you get some from her.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Furthermore, and this is just a personal opinion of mine, I don't think anyone still in high school should get married, let alone be talking about it. Again, no offense to you vikes, but any person 18 or even younger is not mature enough or financially set enough to even contemplate marriage. Doesn't really matter what the situation is, how strong of a relationship it appears to be, what religion anyone is, the truth is that there is no way for any kid in high school to be ready for marriage. Contrary to popular belief, love isn't all that is needed for a relationship to succeed.
Everyone's high school relationshpip is "different and real, man." Vikes, I can tell you this now, it isn't love that you feel. Or at least true love, its puppy love. Trust me, Ive been there. I dated a girl in high school with who(m?) I considered marriage. It would have been the biggest mistake of my life. I am a completely different person at 22 than I was at 18, like I would barely recognize myself.

It is ridiculous to even think about marriage until after at least the age of 25, probably even older. That way, you have been in the real world for a few years, and you have finally began to truly know yourself, because how can you know someone else without knowing yourself?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
He speaks the truth though. 40 Year Old Virgin just put it much more succinctly than anything else. Those guys who put ***** on a pedestal, one don't get laid. And two, if they find a girl, get cheated on.

Speaking from personal experience on both of those, by the way. Once I finally figured out that girls were human just like guys are, and they got nervous around guys they liked, it was a hell of a lot easier.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone's high school relationshpip is "different and real, man." Vikes, I can tell you this now, it isn't love that you feel. Or at least true love, its puppy love. Trust me, Ive been there. I dated a girl in high school with who(m?) I considered marriage. It would have been the biggest mistake of my life. I am a completely different person at 22 than I was at 18, like I would barely recognize myself.

It is ridiculous to even think about marriage until after at least the age of 25, probably even older. That way, you have been in the real world for a few years, and you have finally began to truly know yourself, because how can you know someone else without knowing yourself?
Agreed. I mean, at the very least, even if it is true love, it is completely financially irresponsible to enter marriage at such a young age. And if it is true love, they know that they don't have to get married for at least another like 5-8 years.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 635 View Post
no, I'm just not a bitckh made guy like you are.
I could write hundreds of words about the pussification of America. Like Tyler Durden said, "We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need." Men are taught that women are beautiful flowers who need to be protected and loved, when women need to earn that protection and love, just like anyone else. But if I get too far into this, it will take up pages of this thread, because I know many will disagree.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Agreed. I mean, at the very least, even if it is true love, it is completely financially irresponsible to enter marriage at such a young age. And if it is true love, they know that they don't have to get married for at least another like 5-8 years.
The reason this country has such a high divorce rate is people rushing into marriage before they are ready. But, not giving a damn if I offend anyone religious senseibilities, we can blame that on Christian fundementalism(along with just about all our social problems in this country.)
Old 03-02-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yup. vikes is in for a rude awakening. reminds me of me...10 years ago...i had a girlfriend from high school, and we both went to different colleges, and half the people in my dorm also had boyfriends/girlfriends from high school. So, one day, we were all sitting around talking...and our respective high school significant others were the topic. And, the RA walks in, listens to a short part of this topic and says this:

"I laugh at all you freshman talking about your boyfriends and girlfriends from high school. you talk about 'love' and 'marriage' so much, but let me tell ya...it's late september now. by Thanksgiving, almost every one of you will be single."

So, every one of us in that room erupted..."no. not us. we're different." "we're special." "we're not like all the other high school romances."

but, guess what happened....1 by 1, couples started breaking up. and by thanksgiving, almost every person involved in that conversation was single. myself included.

high school relationships are dumb. they're good for practice, and finding out what ya really want in a girl. but, nothing else. ya say how much you love her, but in the same sentence talk about how quickly you'll dump her ass if she makes one mistake. it's not love.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he does live in South Dakota, there might not be many girls to choose from.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
yup. vikes is in for a rude awakening. reminds me of me...10 years ago...i had a girlfriend from high school, and we both went to different colleges, and half the people in my dorm also had boyfriends/girlfriends from high school. So, one day, we were all sitting around talking...and our respective high school significant others were the topic. And, the RA walks in, listens to a short part of this topic and says this:

"I laugh at all you freshman talking about your boyfriends and girlfriends from high school. you talk about 'love' and 'marriage' so much, but let me tell ya...it's late september now. by Thanksgiving, almost every one of you will be single."

So, every one of us in that room erupted..."no. not us. we're different." "we're special." "we're not like all the other high school romances."

but, guess what happened....1 by 1, couples started breaking up. and by thanksgiving, almost every person involved in that conversation was single. myself included.

high school relationships are dumb. they're good for practice, and finding out what ya really want in a girl. but, nothing else. ya say how much you love her, but in the same sentence talk about how quickly you'll dump her ass if she makes one mistake. it's not love.
Exactly. I can't count the number of times I met a freshman girl early in the year, who had a boyfriend. They always broke up by Thanksgiving.

Hell, college relationships are dumb, you are still too immature to decide you want to spend the rest of your life with someone. College is a time to learn about yourself, any relationships are gonna be practice, trying to find what you want in a girl, just like high school.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really question the 1998 version of drowe sometimes. i was smart enough to cut ties with all my idiot high school friends once i got to college, but the girlfriend somehow hung around. then, we broke up 2 weeks before thanksgiving...and a month before winter break when we were both gonna be bored and alone for a month. So, winter break goes mostly by, and about 3 weeks into it, the boredom got to us and we got back together....a few f'ing days before going back to school. so, i went back, un-single, and not really happy about it. made no sense at all. of course, we broke up soon after, but i still really question that logic.

yeah, i'm too old and married to have relationship problems, but i did want to make this thread about me for a while. carry on. :)
Old 03-02-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i really question the 1998 version of drowe sometimes. i was smart enough to cut ties with all my idiot high school friends once i got to college, but the girlfriend somehow hung around. then, we broke up 2 weeks before thanksgiving...and a month before winter break when we were both gonna be bored and alone for a month. So, winter break goes mostly by, and about 3 weeks into it, the boredom got to us and we got back together....a few f'ing days before going back to school. so, i went back, un-single, and not really happy about it. made no sense at all. of course, we broke up soon after, but i still really question that logic.

yeah, i'm too old and married to have relationship problems, but i did want to make this thread about me for a while. carry on. :)
I really question the 2005-2006 version of myself, and its only been 3.5 years. Hell, I remember posting on this board, and holy **** did I seem like some of these guys posting in this thread now. I am actually kind of embarrassed at how lame I was as a freshman.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
I really question the 2005-2006 version of myself, and its only been 3.5 years. Hell, I remember posting on this board, and holy **** did I seem like some of these guys posting in this thread now. I am actually kind of embarrassed at how lame I was as a freshman.
it's ok. soon Vikes is gonna be posting here, and he'll think to himself, "wow, what was wrong with the 2008/2009 version of myself?...and i wonder whatever happened to that chick i was dating...what was her name again?"
Old 03-02-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
it's ok. soon Vikes is gonna be posting here, and he'll think to himself, "wow, what was wrong with the 2008/2009 version of myself?...and i wonder whatever happened to that chick i was dating...what was her name again?"
Haha, no kidding. Well, with mine she ended up marrying the guy she cheated on me with, and has gotten fat. So I definitely came out ahead on that one.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent spoke with my HS girlfriend since I graduated HS. I have no idea if she is even alive haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote