Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-22-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
BF51 is the professor for a reason.
His words always carry weight. Smart man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Start wearing them
Where would I find a fedora these days?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Try a clothing place like Pac-Sun does because I know the one here has them. If not, just start searching on the internet.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Try a clothing place like Pac-Sun does because I know the one here has them. If not, just start searching on the internet.
Interesting I'll check that out, and internet's always a solid plan B.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting I'll check that out, and internet's always a solid plan B.
http://www.lids.com/search/fedora?recs=all win

Old 03-22-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His words always carry weight. Smart man.

Except when he talks about the Packers, then he lets his pure and utter loathing of them get in the way.

I actually found mine at Kohls. I was scouring the local Goodwills, because I wanted an authentic 50s one, but they never had any. Then I went to Kohls because they were having a huge sale, and lo and behold, a fedora that was half off.

You can find them all over the place.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I was trying them on one day at this store. I was very tempted to buy one, but wasn't too sure how often it could actually be put to use.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Except when he talks about the Packers, then he lets his pure and utter loathing of them get in the way.

I actually found mine at Kohls. I was scouring the local Goodwills, because I wanted an authentic 50s one, but they never had any. Then I went to Kohls because they were having a huge sale, and lo and behold, a fedora that was half off.

You can find them all over the place.
Everyone has their faults, I suppose. Still can be hilarious to watch someone's hatred of something (not serious, of course) blind them somewhat.

I'll definitely have to check those out, do what I can help to bring em back. That lids link Brent found has a ton, too.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Yeah, I was trying them on one day at this store. I was very tempted to buy one, but wasn't too sure how often it could actually be put to use.
I have a long black overcoat and a dark gray pea coat that I wear it with.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I have a long black overcoat and a dark gray pea coat that I wear it with.
It works best with winter gear but it's already back in the 80s here...

Old 03-22-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It works best with winter gear but it's already back in the 80s here...
That's why I need to get a straw fedora for the summer. That goes with just about anything.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:00 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright so this is me on fedoras.

1. They are in like every clothing store.
2. I was going to buy one for the longest time but it's one of those things that you don't know what you would wear it with. I saw a kid today at the movies who definitely wasn't pulling it off. Make sure the rest of what you're wearing isn't super casual.
3. I plan on buying a blazer that I saw and then getting a somewhat matching fedora.
4. If that fails then a straw fedora for the summer sounds nice. I just watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Jason Segel just inspired me. Especially for the road trip.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Do the scavenger hunt. Hold it at your house. Give her a list composed of two things for her to find and bring back to you.

1. Beer
2. Sandwich of your choice.

After she has brought you that, then you can ask her. Sounds plenty cute to me.
******* genius, amen
Old 03-22-2009, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fedora thing is already being pulled by self-important hipster douchebags here in California. They've corrupted a perfectly awesome hat.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:47 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
The fedora thing is already being pulled by self-important hipster douchebags here in California. They've corrupted a perfectly awesome hat.
That's also another reason I haven't bought one yet.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
On the prom note, me and this girl know we are going together but shes making me ask her in a cute way. She told me she wants a scavenger hunt, but screw that. Any suggestions?
If you can play an instrument you can always play a short really cheesy song. Possibly naked.

Or you can go to a pizza place and have them put pepperonis that spell "Prom?".

My friend did one where he was eating in the car with the girl and then you say "You have something in your teeth." and no matter how hard they try to get it out you say it's still there and then she pulls down the visor to check the mirror and you could have a note waiting in it.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:05 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Then that is a relatively new hipster thing, like since August. I lived in Portland last year, and that place is hipster central, and I never saw people wearing fedoras. But I don't give a ****, I'm not a pretentious ****. And you do have to admit, no matter how much you hate them, hipsters have a good sense of style

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Alright so this is me on fedoras.
1. They are in like every clothing store.
2. I was going to buy one for the longest time but it's one of those things that you don't know what you would wear it with. I saw a kid today at the movies who definitely wasn't pulling it off. Make sure the rest of what you're wearing isn't super casual.
3. I plan on buying a blazer that I saw and then getting a somewhat matching fedora.
4. If that fails then a straw fedora for the summer sounds nice. I just watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Jason Segel just inspired me. Especially for the road trip.
1. Yep, yet no one buys them.
2. I know, I have seen two other people at Whitewater wear them. One guy just looked ridiculous, mostly because it was way too small for his head and he was quite an ugly person to begin with. The second is a self important douchebag who I can't stand. Not to mention, the only color fedora you get is grey,black, or brown. His wasn't any of those. Fedora's are not supposed to draw attention to themselves(even if just wearing one now does).
3. I don't particularly like blazers, so I need to find something I can wear it with when it is a little warmer. Wool coats just don't work in the summer.
4. Straw fedoras are awesome. Those never really went completely out of style, they have always been good for vacations and stuff.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I lived in Portland last year, and that place is hipster central
that's a hell of an understatement

Old 03-22-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Try living in the Mission District in San Francisco.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
On the prom note, me and this girl know we are going together but shes making me ask her in a cute way. She told me she wants a scavenger hunt, but screw that. Any suggestions?
If you steam a fortune cookie, it will open up, then you can replace the note with one of your own that says "Will you go to prom with me?". That is something interesting and pretty damn cool.

I advise a HS youth group, so I have an idea that one of my boys pulled to ask his gf to prom. Devise a fake pop quiz and talk to one of her teachers to hand it out to her. Make all of the problems stuff about you guys, like trivia, then the last question will be "Will you go to prom with me?", then you wait outside with flowers and get signaled to come in and ask her.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im bringing back the fedora on the east coast. Who's with me?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Im bringing back the fedora on the east coast. Who's with me?
I am not a hat person but I think I might try to find a straw one for the summer. That, or rock the SF Giants unstructured hat.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is a hat a fashion statement? And what does it have to do with relationships?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Why is a hat a fashion statement? And what does it have to do with relationships?
To me, a fashion statement is no more than drawing attention to yourself through your clothes and in a way that could be good or bad. If you're wearing something unique, that may start a conversation or get some awkward eyes. As long as it isnt anything too drastic you should be good in the sense of blending in and not be considered "out there" by the surrounding crowd, although it depends who is surrounding you. In some ways, people try to make fashion statements to differ themselves from the norm for whatever reason. A hat can easily do that, especially when it is a hat that holds some other exotic interpretation to others. Now, women are into guys that show some individuality. If you stand out from the crowd, she will recognize you; whether she has an interest is uncontrollable.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
It doesn't really have anything to do with relationships, but not giving a damn does. If you can wear a hat that no one else does, you have gotten to a place where you don't give a damn what people think(trust me, no one thinks those big furry russian hats look good).
Old 03-25-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yo, new issue, same gal

Before spring break (4 weeks)

Pretty good time with this girl, we saw each other every day, she would come over to my room like nightly, talked a little through texts, had a physical relationship when we could due to me living in a dorm and my roommate never leaves. Hold hands sometimes, hands under the table when at dinner etc. Everything is pretty good.

Post break: (4 days now)
Okay, now, you are probably thinking "man it has been 4 damn days, shut up" and I have thought that too but just hear me out.

So, on sunday when everyone comes back from break, I don't see her at all. She doesn't respond to my text message asking if she is free. Since then I have seen her a few times, ate with her three times, always with other people, and other than eating done homework with her once. Before break she would come over all the time, last night it was like she was avoiding coming over, though she did, and I also note that her attitude went from frustrated with homework to laughing and joking. She hasn't texted me really at all, unless I text her, which still takes forever for a reply. Also, she has a new piercing (monroe) so she doesn't want to kiss cause of swelling, we still hug though. Today, I haven't heard from her, usually I eat with her and another one of our friends, but no invite.

I don't know if I am reading too much into it, or what. Basically what I want is for her to want to hangout, not have me have to ask her every time. I know I can't change it, but do you guys think she is signaling she doesn't care anymore, or is playing hard to get?

Do I keep on doing what I did pre-break? Do I try harder? Do I back off?

I haven't talked to her at all today, which is making me thing that she doesn't care.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote