Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-18-2009, 06:52 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he was teaching schwartz/gregg william's defense without either one of them. now he's got schwartz back. plus kc has had horrible play from their DTs which, judging by haynesworth, schwartz should know a thing or two about fixing. like someone else said, cunningham was the linebackers coach...which was one of the least important positions on defense. that being said, he's the best choice that we can get. we shouldn't bring in spanish speaking biology teachers to teach calculus to english speakers. plus from what i gather, peterson was just a step below millen. atleast he's not his son in-law.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 01-18-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._mobile_t.html

Quote:
Two names that have been mentioned for offensive coordinator are Broncos quarterback coach Jeremy Bates and Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.
Schottenheimer would be great. Perhaps he'd come here with the Jets getting a new HC.

I'm also curious about the other name, a QB coach . . . getting him might indicate we go Stafford at 1. And this guy obviously did a lot of good with Cutler recently, the guy most frequently cited as an NFL comparison for Stafford.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rookie qb arguably makes the same decisions favre made this year....so it should be an easy transition also.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-19-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to throw a name out there and see what people think... Art Shell OC.

Any chance we pull his diabetic fanny out of retirement to be our OC?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he gets some real experienced guys to help him through the adjustment from DC to HC. He needs both an experienced OC and and experienced DC. Unless he has absolute supreme confidence in a Titan's coach, he's better off with experienced guys who know their stuff. When we draft Stafford, our OC should have some experience in developing young QB's.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I hope he gets some real experienced guys to help him through the adjustment from DC to HC. He needs both an experienced OC and and experienced DC. Unless he has absolute supreme confidence in a Titan's coach, he's better off with experienced guys who know their stuff. When we draft Stafford, our OC should have some experience in developing young QB's.
If he were able to bring Dave McGinnis over from Tennessee, that'd probably be as good move. McGinnis has head coaching experience, so assuming those guys have a good relationship as colleagues, Schwartz could be comfortable in that respect.

Just a thought. I'm sure there's better candidates.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeremy Bates and Dave McGinnis would be the perfect coordinators. Unfortunately Bates took a job at USC and McGinnis could still get promoted by Tennessee.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Marinelli is such a little *****.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...s_to_detr.html
Old 01-20-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder if Ron Rivera would be a possibility?
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm so glad he's gone. I want to see Schwartz knock him out.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I'm so glad he's gone. I want to see Schwartz knock him out.
Nah, The Schwartz wouldn't stoop so low as to hit a Senior Citizen.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...used_perm.html

Let the defensive coordinator search continue!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can ship you guys Ted Tollner ;)
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...r_bears_c.html

Can any Bears fans speak up and give us the lowdown here?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...r_bears_c.html

Can any Bears fans speak up and give us the lowdown here?
Only thing I can determine is that he was fired to make room for Joe Barry.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Only thing I can determine is that he was fired to make room for Joe Barry.
Whoa . . . that won't do!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
sunnyintheD
Rookie

sunnyintheD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Linehan and Chudzinski expected to be interviewed for OC. Not really sure how I feel about either of them. Especially Chudzinski with only one good year as an OC for the Browns.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/21/fisc...-of-minnesota/
sunnyintheD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

linehan should atleast bring some familiarity with adjusting from a martz based offense. i can't say he did it well but he should atleast know what our personnel can do and will bring head coaching experiance. basically in the current stage of our process we need all the coaching experience we can get. although i'm not a big fan of either of them and i prefer all the previously mentioned names on this thread.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-22-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Let's bring in Al Saunders! Air Coryell, baby.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...l_not_joi.html

Well... Slowik is not coming anymore.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Linebackers coach hired:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._burke_to.html
Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Awesome. Anyone we can steal from the Titans is a big plus!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Awesome. Anyone we can steal from the Titans is a big plus!
ZEUS!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The Comments from that article are making my head hurt :(
Are you ready for this, fellas?

Financial responsibility.

Pay the Rook QB #1 overall est. 6-yr, $80 Million, $38 Million or so guaranteed.

Yes. Truly responsible.

Is it remotely possible that negotiating with OLB at #1 wouldn't be considerably less expensive without half the risk?

Though I spotted one intelligent post...
The facts of the matter is; it would be financially irresponsible to pay any position other than QB, LT or DE the kind of money that the first pick in the draft will command…

The 2 positions on offense that command the most money (typically) are LT and QB positions, so...if the current LT is better at the LT position than the current QB is at the Quarterback position...you must draft a QB first. (Which best matches the team needs and fits how the money should get distributed… per positions.)

Same things apply to defense...The 2 most financially demanding positions are End and maybe middle line backer (or another position with a near “best in league” player). But if there isn’t an End clearly worthy of a first pick than you must draft a QB first!

REMEMBER…the Lions have TWO (2) picks in the top twenty (not just one) so its OK to pick the franchise QB this draft.
If the Lions just had the (1) first pick overall that would be a different story!

YES the Lions must improve the O Line… But most of the O line problems stem from the interior linemen…not the tackles. Drafting a tackle would upgrade a “position” more than it would improve the overall performance of the O line.

They can improve the O line by upgrading OGs and Center through FA and/or draft! (and better manage cap money).

YES… defense wins championships!…Draft STAFFORD first then it's Defense the rest of the way!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

My favorite idiot response is from the people who post or call in to radio stations suggesting that the Lions should just let the clock run out when they're picking #1 and just wait til the third pick or so to save money.

Riiiiiiiight . . . cause the player's agent we end up with would readily accept that his client should have gotten #1 overall money . . .