Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not too suprising that there is not one Patriot on that list. It is crazy seeing Bailey, Cromartie, Clements, Tillman, and Barber left off the list; who would've imagined that not one of them would be on there at the beginning of the year. The improvement of Corey Webster over the last year and a half or so was really made evident, he has made some big strides. Asomugha has also cemented himself as the game's best.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see Sheldon get some love, he had a great season.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
leigh bodden didn't do ****. he should be not on there at all. Chris Gamble is too low, he had an amazing start and a solid finish. I think Asante is too low. Those little stats he uses for the DBs are pretty much worthless. Watch a game, **** stats.
Right but he played on the Lions. How could he of done ****?

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
narf029
Rookie

narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chris Johnson being that good this year was awesome. It's good to see a guy who ran a 4.18 at his pro day finally turning speed into production. I found it funny how 3 Raiders were in the top 11 too. Good list, good post.
narf029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really Samari Rolle? Every Ravens fan that has been posting is talking about how bad he is and how he is basically done, yet you have him in the top 10? Also, how have you been able to watch all the NFL games this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its Half The Damn League!!!!!
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think DRC is gonna be better than Flowers. I love me some Flowers though.

That whole CB class is gonna be so sick.
KC has 3 rookie CB's(Flowers, Carr and Leggett) who if the pass rush ever exsists could be a scary trio
Old 01-16-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ike Taylor not being on that list is a joke. Hell that entire list is a joke.

2 Steeler corners better than Ike? Not a chance. Theres a reason Ike gets put in single coverage on the other teams best receiver every game.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Not so sure on Leon Hall being so low (to prove I'm not just being a homer, he shouldn't be below Joseph). Sure, he had a bad game against the Ravens, two bad plays, one being an amazing catch/push off.

Hall tied the league lead for pass deflections and was great in run coverage (top 10 in total tackles among CB's). I have little doubt he should be higher on this list.

EDIT: Hall also put up these numbers with the 2nd worst pass rush defense in the league.
This. He played out of his mind this year with JJ being out. That Baltimore game was hardly his fault. I had little confidence in him being a #1 CB but he really stepped in and played well.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously, since these rankings are just based on stats, there's so much left to be desired, but they are a good outlook of how these guys are playing. I'm elated to see Mike Jenkins and Adam Jones (who just might come back) were on there, despite our secondary being absolutely decimated by injuries. I'm not sure if their numbers were that good because Anthony Henry kept getting picked on, but whatever, i'm cool with it. To know that Asomugha only got thrown at 29 times (9 completed) all year is absolutely filthy. Nothing short of amazing. What makes it even better is the fact that the guy opposite of him put up very good stats as well, so you can't just sit there and say they threw opposite field all day because the other guy was a scrub.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone that's saying the OP is wrong or wondering how he could have watched every game this year should relax on him. I don't think he came up with the rankings. I think he posted an article from someone else without a link, unless his name really is Tony Pisano.

Edit:But Leon Hall really should be way higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are certainly some things I disagree with... but I would like to add in that Chevis Jackson can play for real. He was a ******* awesome nickleback for us.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Everyone that's saying the OP is wrong or wondering how he could have watched every game this year should relax on him. I don't think he came up with the rankings. I think he posted an article from someone else without a link, unless his name really is Tony Pisano.

Edit:But Leon Hall really should be way higher.
Yeah, your right. I don't think the OP wrote this, he was just posting the article. I've seen this article posted on a couple different sites now.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy555 View Post
Right but he played on the Lions. How could he of done ****?
exactly - why should he be ranked that high, b/c he didn't do **** with the Lions?

another thing, he says Winfield is overrated, but Clements, Robinson never were, never will be as good of a tackler as Antoine. The man is on crack, Winfield is relatively pretty old too

Last edited by keylime_5 : 01-16-2009 at 09:24 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People actually thought a member of this site wrote these rankings?
Old 01-16-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Dockery? oh my, the epicness of that fail is beyond comprehension...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Nice going with Chris Johnson at number 6, he is a stud.
He was absolutely perfect for Ryan's scheme, interested to see how he adjusts next season. But I agree, he is a stud therefore any corner to Oakland at #7 would be ridiculous under almost any circumstances.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Wright having the talent to be one of the best, and I agree completely with the fact that he doesn't have much help on defense, but it is also why I am completely against drafting Malcom Jenkins... We need a pass rusher whether it be a linebacker in free agency and we also need a legit MLB to go beside D'Qwell Jackson, if we get a stud OLB in free agency and another ILB then we will be good (Aaron Curry or trade down a bit and get Malaluga?)

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's an odd amount of AFC West love in that list. I'll warrant a guess that the author is a fan of the Raiders?

I'm not sure how you can rank Harper over Finnegan, that's pretty silly. Harper is a total liability beyond 10 yards downfield which is why he gets safety help often. Technically if he lets one through it's probably on the safety, but the fact he needs help should be a penalty. Finnegan on the other hand is typically on more of an island and is clearly far less a liability. His game is solid from top to bottom, Harper's is not. To suggest Harper is a better CB than Finnegan is laughable.

Also, not every CB is playing the same scheme which the author doesn't seem to recognize. Some DC's will happily let their CB's get done on a pass, for under 10 yards. I also have a hard time believing this author really saw every single play this season from every single game as claimed.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm no Rams fan, but Rob Bartell is not a Top ten corner in the league? This is a terrible terrible terrible list in general, as mentioned with Harper over Finnegan and all that.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deshea Townsend over "dismal" Ike Taylor?

lolololol.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great write up. Glad to see you put Leodis up there dispite his poor start of the season.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

asamougahahahahaha is insane, he is a god
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry, but the author of that article has extreme bias for the Raiders and some of his rankings are flat out dumb.
No way did Chris Johnson play like a top 10 CB, and Stanford Routt #11? I mean, come on now.
Some of the other guys, I mean we have All Pro's from this year ranked in the 20's. lol
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The biggest problem with this list is it doesn't account for who these guys were lining up against which is why we see guys who usually need safety help and/or draw the opposition's second option have an advantage in stastics he uses, which is why we see guys like harper and dockery doing so well despite being rather mediocre. That said nice seeing guys like bartell, sheldon brown and cory Webster getting love. Not enough people realize these guys are some of the better guys in that second tier after aso and champ.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote