Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Come on Minnesota......
Yeah we could give up 6 points a game and still lose because our offense ****** sucks.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
My point is that even though they'd have the cap space to sign both, the Titans probably wouldn't be able to afford to sign both in real dollars and cents.
Gotcha. Yeah the SB's on those deals would be insane. Probably upwards of $40M being paid out upon signing the deals.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, is the franchise tag for Peppers really going to be $17M as the article says? If so, wow, that's almost what he'd probably get as a signing bonus on a new contract.

Peppers may be coming out with this now so the Panthers try and franchise him, and upon doing so he does a Charles Woodson and signs the tag, which would guarantee him $17M this season and then he'd be a free agent for the capless 2010 season.

Basically 2 big deal signing bonuses in 2 seasons.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peppers wouldn't be guaranteed to be a free agent in '10 unless he made a special agreement with the Panthers.

If I'm Carolina, I'd be very tempted to let Peppers walk. A 17 million cap hit in one year is monstrous and it's fairly obvious he'd rather test the market even if the Panthers make a bit time offer for a long term contract. Get Gross locked up and let other teams fight over Peppers.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I think he'd be a good backup for osi and tuck. If Toomer retires and ward walks we'll have the room for him although I don't see j reese making that move. Haynesworth, gross or a trade for Quan I could see maybe happening.
... signing Julius Peppers to be your third DE? what are you talking about?

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Since we have not been represented yet, come to Miami! eh? We have like 20 million in cap I believe.
That would be nuts.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan
I think he'd be a good backup for osi and tuck.
DUH! ;)

You really want the backup to be the highest paid DE on the roster though?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:23 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
BTW, is the franchise tag for Peppers really going to be $17M as the article says? If so, wow, that's almost what he'd probably get as a signing bonus on a new contract.

Peppers may be coming out with this now so the Panthers try and franchise him, and upon doing so he does a Charles Woodson and signs the tag, which would guarantee him $17M this season and then he'd be a free agent for the capless 2010 season.

Basically 2 big deal signing bonuses in 2 seasons.
Peppers' cap number was huge this year and if you franchise a player I think his salary has to go up by a certain % or something so yea, $17mil is probably right

Frankly, I wouldn't be that upset to kick Peppers to the curb. I'm sure the team could franchise him and hold him hostage for a couple first round picks which is more than enough IMO. The pass rush will be a huge loss no doubt but it may finally be the kick in the ass this staff needs to make wholesale changes. The DLine was a weakness this year, even with Peppers, and being a one trick pony doesn't protect well against injuries or that pony randomly deciding to take a year off (hello 2007).

Also, and I don't expect this to happen soon, but I don't think Peppers is going to have the longevity of a White, Smith, Strahan, etc because he lacks great technique. Once he declines from absolute freak of nature to old, semi-freak of nature his effectiveness is going to drop.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Frankly, I wouldn't be that upset to kick Peppers to the curb. I'm sure the team could franchise him and hold him hostage for a couple first round picks which is more than enough IMO.
Actually it's a little too fair. You wouldn't get more for him than the Chiefs got for Jared Allen. Allen was traded for a first and 2 thirds and he is 2 years younger than Peppers.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's getting slapped with a tag, so pony up some picks biatches. Anything less than the chiefs got for Allen is unlikely imo. The Panthers will want a first and a third.

With the cap space Suggs or haynesworth would be a nice replacement along the line.

Last edited by BlindSite : 01-17-2009 at 12:55 AM.
BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be too sure they'll tag him. Are the Panthers prepared to have a player cost them $17M for the 2009 season if Peppers signed the tag right away? Charles Woodson did it to Oakland and he wanted out of there too. It was a smart move as it ensured the Raiders wouldn't try and tag him again the next offseason.

And at $17M, Peppers would be getting from the tag basically the signing bonus a free agent deal would bring anyway, except he'd still possibly be a free agent again next season.

Last edited by OzTitan : 01-17-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peppers counted 14mil against the cap last season, I dont think the Panthers are going to care too much if he decides to play for a contract at 17

I also don't think it'd be in Peppers' best interest to pull a Woodson. He'd be 30 after next season
Old 01-17-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Dallas had the cap room. Come on, uncapped NFL! I'm ready!

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Peppers counted 14mil against the cap last season, I dont think the Panthers are going to care too much if he decides to play for a contract at 17

I also don't think it'd be in Peppers' best interest to pull a Woodson. He'd be 30 after next season
Agreed, he's looking for a big pay day and a ring. I think he's love a call from New England, Tennessee, Philly, Giants, Dallas, Atlanta (that's a scary thought), Baltimore, someone in the mix.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like someone said, he probably wants to go to a contender, which KC is not, but we do have the cap room and DE is by far our biggest need. Just imagining him with Dorsey, Tank and Hali = happytime.

Too bad it won't happen. And if they franchise him, Gross can be our RT!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Gross is stayin' home, we just need a defensive line and we've got a real contender. For some reason the defense fell apart. Week 10 it was 2nd in points allowed, last 6 games we dropped to like 18th in yards and almost as bad in points. Not good enough.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF he gets traded its going to be to a team that wants to win right away like the Jets did and Vikings.

Also is Oakland out of the question?

Denver is a place that always can use defensive help and they are good on offense its just the D.
Buffalo they might do, they need another pass rusher
Texans?
Packers same problems as Denver
Old 01-17-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Yeah we could give up 6 points a game and still lose because our offense ****** sucks.
Adrian Peterson does not suck.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Adrian Peterson does not suck.
But he does fumble, though TJax would get happy that they are 1 yrd away from winning and sabotage AP's carry or by botching the snap.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm wondering if He could play WDE for Pitt. We'll never sign him unless he takes a Real cheap 1-2 year contract to play for a contender. .

Could you imagine:

Smith - Hampton - Peppers/Keisel
Woodley - Farrior - Timmons/Foote - Harrison.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Also is Oakland out of the question?
If Peppers is looking for a contender, yes. If all he wants is for someone to throw money at him, definitely not.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I'm wondering if He could play WDE for Pitt. We'll never sign him unless he takes a Real cheap 1-2 year contract to play for a contender. .

Could you imagine:

Smith - Hampton - Peppers/Keisel
Woodley - Farrior - Timmons/Foote - Harrison.
For sure he couldn't play 3 downs as a DE, and he probably wouldn't want to. But I think he could be that rover type position that Keisel was suppose to be. Going from OLB to WDE on passing downs and moving him around a lot.

Of course, this will never ever happen.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:58 AM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I saw this article posted on another site I read but I have to say, at the time I read it I did not believe it.

http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/...hers_want.html

Love the fact that the writer mentions Houston as a possible destination but even with this more recent article its far from a certainty that he leaves Carolina this year (although looking more likely) much less winds up with the Texans. Williams plus Peppers would be a fantastic duo though.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GB has a ton of cap room, a contender and we have one of the worst pass rushes in the league. We are going to be in contention for him. I'm not sure I can see us inking the highest paid defender in the league though.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is possibly because I am an ASU fan, but I firmly believe that Suggs is a better DE than Julius Peppers right now. I guess the only problem is is that Suggs is more or less only going to sign with Baltimore or Arizona while Peppers will sign with anyone who will give him a Jared Allen kind of contract.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote