Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:05 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couldn't Carolina franchise him and trade him still?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, because they are chickens!

bok bok bok bok bok!
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:21 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think anyone is going to look at him as a OLB (referring to the OP's post).

You know what might be intriguing? I don't think Carolina lets him get away without getting something (thus, the franchise and trade route). I'm not sure if they have the cap room ... but the Texans could use another pass rusher. A DL of Mario Williams, Amobi Okoye, DelJuan Robinson, and Julius Peppers could be nasty. I'm also curious about Buffalo as an idea, although, again, haven't checked cap situations. Their defense struggled without Schobel and Kelsay's price goes up after this year. I think the Lions/Redskins/Packers would all ponder it (again, not knowing their cap situations doesn't help me right now).
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buffalo is too ******' cheap to pull anything off. I know Bills fans like to dispute it, and being one I do to, but I'm smart enough to know Ralph isn't going to pay out his ass and give someone the size of contract Peppers is going to get.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:35 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much do the Seahawks have under the cap?
Old 01-17-2009, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

They've got a Patrick Kerney, Darryl Tapp and Lawrence Jackson under the cap :P

Unless one of those guys leaves I doubt they invest more there.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:57 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, it would be cool to see him in Atlanta going up against Carolina twice a year. Abraham/Peppers is a scary thought. I think we'd be much more in the Haynesworth market however...
Old 01-17-2009, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get real, Peppers isn't going anywhere. He's probably pissed that Carolina is going to franchise him and wants a shot on the open market which he isn't going to get. It will sure help Gross in his negotiations as they cannot franchise both.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:12 AM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Buffalo is too ******' cheap to pull anything off. I know Bills fans like to dispute it, and being one I do to, but I'm smart enough to know Ralph isn't going to pay out his ass and give someone the size of contract Peppers is going to get.
You're probably right, but every Bills fans are disgraced about the team right now. Who knows if they become a serious contender just to win the fans back.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Couldn't Carolina franchise him and trade him still?
If they tag him for 17 million and can't trade him for what ever reason that is a pretty big cap hit that being said I have no idea where they are cap wise?
Old 01-17-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not too sure how cap space is for both teams is but Houston and Green Bay strike me as likely bidders if he actually hits FA
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

Is 17MM the franchise number for DE?
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/10/satu...hape-for-2009/

Quote:
Carolina — A mere $10 million under the 2009 salary cap, the Panthers could use another franchise tag. Both defensive end Julius Peppers and offensive tackle Jordan Gross are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents, and either will land a bounty if he doesn’t have the franchise tag.
I don't see how it's possible for them to pay Peppers 17 million without cutting Delhomme.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:35 AM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

he wants to go to a 3-4

Quote:
But Carey said there’s a specific desire to play in a 3-4 system, where he could stand up as an outside linebacker and roam the field making plays, like a DeMarcus Ware or a Shawne Merriman.

“His preference at this point is to be in a 3-4,” Carey said. “Right now, it’s about trying it a different way.”
LINK
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens should franchise Suggs, trade to ARZ for Boldin, sign Peppers to replace him.

That would be ******* sweet. Too bad it won't happen.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, he'd be a complete disaster as an OLB in the 3-4.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I think he'd be a good backup for osi and tuck. If Toomer retires and ward walks we'll have the room for him although I don't see j reese making that move. Haynesworth, gross or a trade for Quan I could see maybe happening.
That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. We will probably draft depth, once Osi coms back, and now Kiwi gets moved. Signing Peppers for us, would be probably be the dumbest thing ever!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

You guys should leave Kiwi be. He's been moved around too much, and he showed good signs as a pass rusher at DE. Keep Kiwi at DE and draft Sintim in the first to be the SAM.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade Suggs to Arizona for Anquan Boldin, then sign Peppers. = Ravens win Super Bowl
Old 01-17-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm, some sort of Cassell/Peppers trade?
Old 01-17-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
You guys should leave Kiwi be. He's been moved around too much, and he showed good signs as a pass rusher at DE. Keep Kiwi at DE and draft Sintim in the first to be the SAM.
I would done that. I hated the Kiwi pick. We didn't need him at that point. Now we messed with his developing so much, if I was him, I wouldn't re-sign. Just leave him at DE, is my opinion. Moving him once again would be assinine! What a waste of a player's development.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafyobop View Post
Is 17MM the franchise number for DE?
It isn't, actually. The franchise tag pays whichever is greatest between either the average of the Top 5 salaries at that position or 120% of last year's salary. Normally it's the Top 5 average, but for Peppers, he was paid ~14M in '08 so the 120% pays him more. Thus, ~17M for '09 if they franchise tag him.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I would done that. I hated the Kiwi pick. We didn't need him at that point. Now we messed with his developing so much, if I was him, I wouldn't re-sign. Just leave him at DE, is my opinion. Moving him once again would be assinine! What a waste of a player's development.
BUT, he was making major strides at OLB last year before his injury and if you saw this year was a VERY slim DE due to him cutting weight to be a LB. He was also hurt. I love Kiwi and the Giants need to pick a position for him this offseason and keep him there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

:(:(:(:(:(
this makes me want to cry

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
BUT, he was making major strides at OLB last year before his injury and if you saw this year was a VERY slim DE due to him cutting weight to be a LB. He was also hurt. I love Kiwi and the Giants need to pick a position for him this offseason and keep him there.
Yeah he was, and then we put him to DE, and he is making strides, now what? Move him back again? Meanwhile the player's shelf life in the NFL is ticking away and we have yet to settle on a position to maximize his talent.

Again, I never liked the pick. I wanted a LB, and Ryans on the board! Also, I wouldn't have mind mangold either before we traded with Pittsburgh. Never liked the pick, and fact we haven't developed him is a sin, in it's own right.