Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:50 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Teams that need new uniforms

5. Buffalo Bills

One of the "modern" designs that just doesn't look good. It's no wonder that they wear their throwbacks quite a bit during the season. Hopefully they learn from San Diego and incorporate their cool throwbacks into their new design.

4. Kansas City Chiefs

I know, I know, most of ya'll are probably saying the chiefs jersey is a "classic" and has stood the test of time, but to me it's always been boring. There are plenty of great ol skool designs (Bears, Packers, Raiders, 49'rs, Dolphins, Cowboys, and colts come to mind), but for me the chiefs jersey stands out in no way (some might say that's why it's great). I'm a suggestin a brand new look, hell no, but a lil modification couldn't hurt.

3. Detroit Lions

This jersey isn't that bad, a decent modern jersey, not alot unneeded details, just little things here and there. With that being said, there isn't too much history (or wanted history) with these jerseys or any of the last 50 years. I would like to see the Lions (like the patriots in 2000, tampa bay in 1997, and Denver in 1997) make a huge overhaul in design. Notice as soon as those teams made the change success came? The Lions more than any time need change.

2. Tennessee Titans

Like Buffalo, another modern uniform done wrong. (IMO) This is probably the uniform I hate the most in the whole NFL. I don't know exactly what it is, but the feeling I get from seeing them is...It's like watching an 80's movie and how they thought things would look in the future, Robocop would be a good example. The team has been quite successful (especially recently) in the last 10 years and that alone should get them a new jersey, they deserve better and so do the fans.

1. Carolina Panthers

Here comes the shocker, a jersey that I like, one that still looks good (similar to the 1996/current broncos uniform). The thing is, this is the only uniform that the panthers have (light blue alt included) In their history. It's been more than ten years (successful years at that), I think it's time for a slight modification.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:29 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the Bills jerseys...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:09 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not uncommon for 'modern' to be looked upon harshly. It's in its nature, really. The reason classical is usually perceived as good is because it has time behind it, and time builds history.

So it stands as logical to think in 20, 30 etc years, left unchanged, these 'modern' designs will shift to a more 'classic' status. After all, it isn't really the design itself that dictates what is 'classical' but rather the time and history associated with it. Sure, the logos have been getting a little more artsy and detailed, the patterns on the uniforms a little more bold, and the colors perhaps a little more rich and deep, but in time these too will be looked upon as old classics.

With that said, I hope the Titans uniform remains as is for a long time. I consider uniforms with an identify and unique appeal amongst the best in the NFL, not really which colors match best and which design epitomizes the 'KISS principle' best, and the two-toned blue look of the Titans to me is one of identity and unique appeal. All it needs is time and history, not too unlike the Oilers of old. I mean really, an Oil derrick and baby blue? And yet, it is has an unmistakable uniqueness that some franchises surely envy.

But then, people probably thought and still think that was a stupid look. It's, of course, all down to personal opinion. At least though the bold and unique warrant an opinion - if you ask me, the worst fate for an NFL uniform is obscurity, and there are a few fitting of that title in the NFL today.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:14 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

I really like the Panthers home jerseys.

USC really needs a new jersey in my opinion, I like the classic look but USC's seems really plain to me. Same with Washingtons... lol but on NFL teams I think the Colt's need a newer one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Last edited by OneToughGame : 01-17-2009 at 07:20 AM.
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:52 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I vote for the Browns. If you have a color in your nickname and that is not your primary color i think there is a problem. Lose the orange helmets. I know that its a classic but come on, now that we have color tvs its time to fix this.

Finishing a close second are the Seahawks. Those Blue on Blue home unis look terrible. Im not a fan of the blue and the green. I think with the sonics gone they should go with the emerald green and yellow color scheme.

The Bills, Chargers and Lions need to go back to there older unis. The current ones aren't bad but the originals are better.

Last edited by woodyx02 : 01-17-2009 at 07:55 AM.
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:35 AM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Bills' throwbacks. I wish we could incorporate a throwback away jersey. Something similar to this, but maybe a little more detail:

I think the Chiefs should give a little update on their jerseys.

I hate the Seahawks jerseys.

The Titans really need to update theirs too.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs jerseys ain't broke so don't try to fix them.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:53 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

I have no idea how these Jerseys are ugly to you guys. I find them awesome.

Quote:
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
Old 01-17-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I love the Bills' throwbacks. I wish we could incorporate a throwback away jersey. Something similar to this, but maybe a little more detail:

I think the Chiefs should give a little update on their jerseys.

I hate the Seahawks jerseys.

The Titans really need to update theirs too.
Yes those Bills unis are great!!

I disagree with you on the chiefs i really like the red and the arrowhead helmet is cool.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
I have no idea how these Jerseys are ugly to you guys. I find them awesome.

If they had white pants it would be better to much of one color.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
What if they had silver pants like before? That would look nice the new blue with the old silver. It may look like the Lions though i guess that is the downside.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
They tried it with white pants, didn't look as good really.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I think it looks better my self but to each his own.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like these jerseys.

Also, the play of the Lions makes their jersey's look worse. They're actually pretty nice...
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

I do think most of us could agree that the Browns jersey is pretty terrible though.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
I do think most of us could agree that the Browns jersey is pretty terrible though.
Yeah I hate the Browns jersey with a passion, it is just so ugly, not to mention the orange.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

Found this picture, It's nice to see them all together. Now that I think of it, I dislike the Raiders jersey a good amount and the Colts, Like I said earlier needs a update lol.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really like the Browns and Bengals jerseys.

Also, Rams and Saints should change the color of their numbers.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I like the Jaguars unis, apparently they are undergoing some changes. Not major as I hear, except for the helmet, which will apparently change colors in light.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Ohio is screwed as the Bengals helmets are hideous, and so are the Browns obviously. I mean GET A LOGO, any logo. What's the deal with nothing there?

My Packers need to add a 3rd jersey, and I hate our piss-yellow road outfits. Yellow pants with the yellow helmets. It's ugly. The yellow needs to be GOLDEN'd up or something.

I like the Bills and Panthers and Seahawks and Titans all mentioned above.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals jerseys are awesome.

Only one I hate is the Seahawks. Color scheme is disgusting.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My top 5

5. Buffalo Bills, go back to your old school jerseys

4. St. Louis Rams, go back to your old school jerseys

3. Minnesota Vikings, purple?

2. New York Giants + Oakland Raiders, way too simple.

1. Green Bay Packers, love the colors but the way the jersey is design isn't making it better.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
While I like the Jaguars unis, apparently they are undergoing some changes. Not major as I hear, except for the helmet, which will apparently change colors in light.
I think the Jags' unis are a little too '90s, but they have good colors and only need a minor tweaking.

Do not touch the Colts, Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, Bears, or Packers uniforms or I will kill. I wish every team had a classic look to them like those teams. Though some new uniforms I like. I like it when Tennessee wears the light blue pants on the road. They have great helmets too. Rams' probably have the best helmets, but their jerseys need a more traditional, classic look. I was sad when New England changed from the uniforms they had in the 80s and early 90s when I was a kid, I wish they'd at least wear them as throwback alternates.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Browns fans I love the jerseys. No logo makes it unique. Besides, how are you going to make a modern jersey with Brown and Orange not look bad? Come on.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

It's funny I don't really like the Browns jersey's but at the same time I don't want them to change either. :)