Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
If they had white pants it would be better to much of one color.

They've done white pants before and it looks terrible.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i love the older jerseys that teams still have ....where as most of the new jerseys tend to be over done and just tacky im all for the classic look. I think im one of the few who actually thinks the browns uniform and helmets are awsome always liked them simple yet classic. Steelers, Raiders, Lions, Jets, Packers, Bears. As for teams who should change id think Bengals, Vikings new ones are horrid, new charger unis (rather them impliment fully the throwbacks, bills ,patriots, as for a classic i never liked probably the dolphins helmet.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish the eagles would bring the kelly green jerseys back for at least a throwback.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

The Browns have great jerseys, tradition going back to 1946! 8 championships! The seal brown and burnt orange go together great.

And for anything that says they are named after a color, they aren't. They are named after Paul Brown.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
GO_Chiefs
Rookie

GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.

They touch the Chiefs jersey, they shall die.
GO_Chiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns have the best uniforms in the NFL. Can't believe people want to change such a classic look.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Niners are supposed to be getting new Uni's either this year or next year. I think it's this year if I remember right.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of the designs that the new generation doesn't like are the classics that probably aren't going to change anyways.

I like the Titans uniforms. Especially their light blue ones, but the others aren't bad either IMO.

The team that needs a new uniform the worst is the Bengals.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Jets regular jerseys, really hope they don't change them. That said, they need better alternates. Badly. The NY Titans throwbacks are awful.

The Bengals I think most people love or hate, I fall in between. I do like the helmets and I don't particularly care either way for the jerseys, if they were to change them I wouldn't mind. I kind of like the Cards jerseys for whatever reason, and I agree the Titans probably shouldn't change theirs. Still a fan of the classics though, Steelers jerseys are pretty awesome, Raiders, Chiefs, Colts...basically all the ones keylime mentined. Those are my favorites.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
The following teams shouldnt change a thing: Browns, Dolphins, Lions, Buccaneers, Raiders, Jets, Giants, Packers, Eagles, Bears, Panthers.

I'll just go down the list:

Broncos: I liked when they wore the Orange version of their jersey but I think when they go blue jersey with blue pants it looks bad.
Patriots: Maybe I am alone in this but I think they're ugly.
Colts: Once they switched from blue facemasks and white shoes to what they have now, I think it's one of the better looking uniforms.
Rams: I dont mind their uniform that much but when they wear white pants, I think it looks ugly.
Ravens: They should ditch the purple uniform at home and stick with the black.
Steelers: When they wear uniforms when the yellow helmet, and the yellow on black jersey, I love it.
Redskins: Their best uniform was when they had the arrow on the side of the helmet. Redskins fans know what I am referring to.
Seattle: I loved the old uniforms from back in the Zorn days. I wish they never changed.
Saints: When they wear the throwbacks with the gray facemask, I like those a lot.
Titans: The Oilers' uniform was awesome looking, so I dig when they wear the Oiler blue uniform with white pants.
Chiefs: Gray facemask and black shoes would make their uniform look better. Maybe an update on the Dallas Texans' era uniform.
Bengals: Too much white on the sides under the armpits but other than that I like them.
Cowboys: my only complaint is that their pants with the white jerseys are aqua colored and not silver.
Jags: Stick to the black jersey with white pants.
Chargers: the updated uniforms arent bad but I would like to see the powder blue jersey be the home jersey.
Cards: I think they are ugly, I liked the old ones.
Vikings: The throwbacks look so cool. I wish they switched to those.
Texans: I love their red jersey with white pants look.
Niners: We need to go back to the Montana-era uniforms
Falcons: When they wear red it looks best.
Bills: The OJ Simpson-era uniforms look awesome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Current eagles jerseys are great. They are modern but yet relatively simple, I also love the wings on the helmet.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Classic.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that they are all fine. I actually dont like what the Chargers did with theres recently. Looked better the old way.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Jags should change theirs. They still reak of the 90's. I also think the Bills should change. Those current ones are just a mess, but the throwbacks are win.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the Giants ones, those gray pants just look so ugh. The Chiefs one's look good on some players, but on a QB it looks bad. I think the Panthers are some of my favorites. I wish the Bengals would go back to the ones they had about 6 years ago.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles throwback jerseys are the worst

It looks like they made it out of a swedish flag
Old 01-17-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyx02 View Post
I vote for the Browns. If you have a color in your nickname and that is not your primary color i think there is a problem.

And how is Brown not one of our primary colors?

Oh, and were not named after the color Brown by the way...

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns jerseys are great, no need for a change at all. Their fans love them, and that's all that counts.

You are also the first black person to ever make a Blossom reference, congrats.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a drawing of what Ron Wolf's proposed uniform change is believed to have looked like.

I actually think they look pretty cool, but I'd never change what we currently have.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
He's a drawing of what Ron Wolf's proposed uniform change is believed to have looked like.

I actually think they look pretty cool, but I'd never change what we currently have.
I don't like those and I'm glad Green Bay didn't change their uni's. Those are too Notre Dame-ish.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts have the best uniforms in football. Their away jerseys are my favorite.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
narf029
Rookie

narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Packers, Bears, Browns, Steelers, Cowboys, etc should not change their jerseys for as long as possible. There is too much history in the jerseys for teams built on history. That being said, I think the Lions could change their jerseys. I think the colors are the best in the league and the potential is there for them to have the coolest looking uniforms. There are some teams whose colors just screw them. Vikings, and Dolphins specifically for me. Purple and yellow just can't look good for me. I don't see much potential in teal and orange either.
narf029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narf029 View Post
The Packers, Bears, Browns, Steelers, Cowboys, etc should not change their jerseys for as long as possible. There is too much history in the jerseys for teams built on history. That being said, I think the Lions could change their jerseys. I think the colors are the best in the league and the potential is there for them to have the coolest looking uniforms. There are some teams whose colors just screw them. Vikings, and Dolphins specifically for me. Purple and yellow just can't look good for me. I don't see much potential in teal and orange either.

That doesn't look good?

I like the old time jerseys way more than I like our jerseys now. It's better now that we don't have the purple pants with white tops (god those were horrendous), but I still wish we'd just wear those jerseys all the time.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who says the Raiders should change their uniforms are crazy.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
The Colts have the best uniforms in football. Their away jerseys are my favorite.
I agree. For as much as I hate the Colts, I absolutely love their uniforms. Same with the Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, and Packers (basically all the teams with classic looking, old school uniforms). Less is definitely more when it comes to uniform designs. I hate when I'm watching a football game, and I feel like I'm looking at it through a kaleidoscope.

A couple of thoughts though: I don't like San Diego's new uniforms. I loved the dark blue with dark blue helmets mixed with the powder blue throwbacks.

I don't dig the red trimming/numbers and grey pants that the Giants wear. White pants and blue numbers/trimming for the away jerseys would look much better IMO.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote