Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

My only grip with the giants jersey's is the god damn red ones we whip out every now and then. We're big blue god damn it.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post

That doesn't look good?
Not at all. They are slightly less ugly than LSU's, but still horrible.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Not at all. They are slightly less ugly than LSU's, but still horrible.
I guess it's an acquired taste. I, for one, think the Packers jersey looks like vomit but I suppose that's just because I hate them
Old 01-17-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings helmets are great, but the jerseys definately leave something to be desired. It's hard to do much with purple though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
It looks like they made it out of a swedish flag
There used to be/is a huge Swedish immigrant population in Philadelphia and they had those unis for that reason originally.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
My top 5

5. Buffalo Bills, go back to your old school jerseys

4. St. Louis Rams, go back to your old school jerseys

3. Minnesota Vikings, purple?

2. New York Giants + Oakland Raiders, way too simple.

1. Green Bay Packers, love the colors but the way the jersey is design isn't making it better.

LOL. They are not changing our uniforms ever. Maybe perhaps back to he old 80s ones if I had my choice. But we are one of the oldest teams in the league. They won't modernize it. That's like changing historic yankee uniforms. Some things just aren't done.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I love the Browns jerseys and colour schemes.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

I really don't have any problems with any of the main jerseys in the NFL. I absolutely hate the Steelers alternates though (yellow helmets), they should never wear those again.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to say my favorite jerseys in the league are...

5. Cardinals - White... I like how the red/white go together, very simple jersey but I like it alot.

4. Chargers - Powder Blue... Love these jerseys, and love seeing them in high def even more, the color pretty much jumps off the screen, looks very slik.

3. Vikings - Purple... Don't know why I do, but I really like these jerseys as well, The thing I like about it the most is the way they put the jersey together.

2. Browns - BROWN... Of course I am a Browns fan so I have no problem with this jersey, I really like it, but can also understand why people hate it.

1. Saints - Black... My favorite jersey by far, black and gold looks awesome the way the Saints do it.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely love the vikings' alternate throwbacks with the gray facemaks. If they went to those fulltime they'd be back amongst the top uniforms in the NFL. The whole "modern" uniform thing will be totally dated in a matter of time. Raiders, Chiefs, Browns, Bears, Colts, Packers have timeless uniforms.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wish the Steelers would go back to the block style numbers... Other than that, I love their jerseys.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
My top 5

5. Buffalo Bills, go back to your old school jerseys

4. St. Louis Rams, go back to your old school jerseys

3. Minnesota Vikings, purple?

2. New York Giants + Oakland Raiders, way too simple.

1. Green Bay Packers, love the colors but the way the jersey is design isn't making it better.
I disagree with each and everyone of these. The Bills Jerseys are good and this city needs realize that Jim Kelly can't come in and fix everything now so keeping these new jerseys which are pretty good is perfect.

Vikings are solid jerseys, there's not much you can do with purple and they're doing the best they can.

I don't see how simple is a bad thing. I find that sometimes teams with too much color and complex uniforms are just distracting from the play on teh field. I like football jerseys to stay simple and traditional.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
I do think most of us could agree that the Browns jersey is pretty terrible though.
I disagree with that. I like the Browns uni a lot for a football uniform, goes back to the unique appeal I talked about in my first post.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked when the Saints had these uniforms:

Old 01-17-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland Browns

But, honestly, what the heck could they change the jerseys too?
Old 01-17-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TOP 10 Worst Uniforms in NFL- Yes I am that bored.

10) Arizona- Not disgustingly bad, but seems like they were trying way too hard to modernize. New logo is sick though.

9) Tampa Bay- Logo is cool, but the uni's don't really flow IMO.

8) Carolina- More NHL than NFL, if that makes any sense.

7) Kansas City- Classic, yes. Look good like other classic teams (GB, PIT, CHI, OAK, NYG, etc.)? Not even close.

6) Philadelphia- The uniforms aren't that bad but those helmets just bug the sh*t out of me, don't know why.

5) Seattle- This is football not scuba diving.

4) Baltimore- The helmets are gross (two different logo's so the B fits inside of the raven head?! LAME). Plus the combination of purple, black, and yellow sounds as terrible as it looks.

3) Jacksonville- All black with a hint of teal. If that wasn't enough the logo is also brutal.

2) Cincinnati- This looks like a halloween costume not a pro football uniform.

1) Buffalo- The throwbacks are amazing, too bad their regular set easily takes the cake for worst NFL uniforms.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerseys I miss

I think the skins wore these in 03, i kind of liked them.

I know theyre not the oilers anymore, but I think itd be pretty cool if they wore these a game or two a year.

Haha, jk. Looks like orange sherbert ice cream or something like that.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots need to go back to the throwbacks.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Steelers would look bad manz with an all black uni. And i agree with the person a few posts back...they need block lettering back :)
Old 01-17-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Throwback jerseys rock...

I do agree with the Titans needing new jerseys for sure. That baby blue stinks like ass. I'm a huge Vince Young fan, but I'd never buy the current Titans jerseys with him. Much rather get a jersey of him with Texas. Which I don't have. I do have a Cedric Benson orange jersey and Roy Williams white Texas one.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those of you who don't think the Browns jerseys look bad. Please rebuild the Delorean and tell Paul Brown to change them.

I'm pretty sure when whoever was designed the Browns jerseys, didn't think about the color scheme and how they would look in 60 years (Like comparing a car from the 1940's to one now, the design is all different). They may look bad now but I bet they sure looked good when they were the best in the league.

PS Bring back the oranges!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I think the skins wore these in 03, i kind of liked them.

I know theyre not the oilers anymore, but I think itd be pretty cool if they wore these a game or two a year.
1) that is the 'Skins uniform I mentioned earlier, glad to see I am not the only one who likes it
2) They were the Tennessee Oilers for a time, you know.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
TOP 10 Worst Uniforms in NFL- Yes I am that bored.

10) Arizona- Not disgustingly bad, but seems like they were trying way too hard to modernize. New logo is sick though.

9) Tampa Bay- Logo is cool, but the uni's don't really flow IMO.

8) Carolina- More NHL than NFL, if that makes any sense.

7) Kansas City- Classic, yes. Look good like other classic teams (GB, PIT, CHI, OAK, NYG, etc.)? Not even close.

6) Philadelphia- The uniforms aren't that bad but those helmets just bug the sh*t out of me, don't know why.

5) Seattle- This is football not scuba diving.

4) Baltimore- The helmets are gross (two different logo's so the B fits inside of the raven head?! LAME). Plus the combination of purple, black, and yellow sounds as terrible as it looks.

3) Jacksonville- All black with a hint of teal. If that wasn't enough the logo is also brutal.

2) Cincinnati- This looks like a halloween costume not a pro football uniform.

1) Buffalo- The throwbacks are amazing, too bad their regular set easily takes the cake for worst NFL uniforms.
Failpost is fail.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Jerseys I miss

Actually, there's a real possibility they will next season as per the 50th/bicentennial celebrations. At least, that's what they said a little while ago, although I believe uniform changes have to be submitted at least a year before usage in the NFL which would mean it's already too late to do so for next season, unless the NFL will allow later changes for the 50th year merger celebrations.

IMO, every AFL team should wear their 1970 uniforms for the entire season. That would be pretty awesome.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
1) that is the 'Skins uniform I mentioned earlier, glad to see I am not the only one who likes it
2) They were the Tennessee Oilers for a time, you know.
Right, so technically it's a valid throwback even if people want to consider the Houston Oilers stuff to be off limits for the Titans. But I think it was more down to Bud Adams not wanting to live in the past more than anything - I'm sure the NFL would allow the Titans to wear Oilers stuff just as the Jets did NY Titans stuff.