Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, the Jets-Titans throwback uniforms that the NYJets wore this year were awful.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Team names that don't make sense... Toronto Raptors. How long have dinosaurs been extinct? Annnddd you still name a basketball team the Raptors. The Bobcats sucks, its not even real and if it was why would it be in Charlotte? Why did Washington go from Bullets to Wizards? Bullets has much more relevance to the DC area. And the Cleveland Browns. Racist much?
You do know that the Browns are named after Paul Brown who's last name just so happens to have been...*let the drama build*...Brown
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

Also, why the hell are their Cavaliers in Cleveland? Spillover from the English civil war?
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb&j View Post
Also, why the hell are their Cavaliers in Cleveland? Spillover from the English civil war?
It's to trick people into not realizing what a **** hole cleveland is. I'm waiting for them to rename the indians the Debonairs.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As informative as your post may be, I'm not quite sure the ownership was going for the bird part in the logo but more so the informal term to refer certain dinosaurs. And, what relevance does a Raptor have to Toronto? You got me on the Bobcats in terms of origin and what not but my point was that the team name sucked. I know where they got the name Browns.Obviously I was kidding with the Browns being a racist team name, and I was going for the overall rant comedy in the post rather than being correct. Didn't know I was going to encounter a biologist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
You do know that the Browns are named after Paul Brown who's last name just so happens to have been...*let the drama build*...Brown
Where would I be without you?

Old 01-18-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Where would I be without you?
stuck in jersey...:D
Old 01-18-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
stuck in jersey...:D
Well that's right up your alley since the NJ Giants... um excuse me "NY" Giants play here.;)

Old 01-18-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

Quote:
It's to trick people into not realizing what a **** hole cleveland is. I'm waiting for them to rename the indians the Debonairs.
Hey man, downtown Cleveland isn't as bad as it used to be. And Ohio City is really nice. I'll admit that there are parts of Cleveland that are terrible, and the city has some problems but it is not a **** hole! Just stay away from East Cleveland and Harvard.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb&j View Post
Hey man, downtown Cleveland isn't as bad as it used to be. And Ohio City is really nice. I'll admit that there are parts of Cleveland that are terrible, and the city has some problems but it is not a **** hole! Just stay away from East Cleveland and Harvard.
Downtown cleveland shuts down by 11 pm. I had to spend a summer working at the Cleveland Clinic and was splitting this apartment right across that big sky-way bridge thing from browns stadium and I'd go for a walk at 11 and bars would be closed. That's just lame.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well that's right up your alley since the NJ Giants... um excuse me "NY" Giants play here.;)
Actually you're closer to the giants than I am, since I'm in the city of nightmares.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Bills jerseys but hate their throwbacks.

Browns uniforms are and have always been terrible.

Might be blasphemous but, Steelers and Bears unis have lost their luster in my eyes. Pretty boring.

Colts dont look too pretty anymore, imo either.

Raiders, Redskins, Chiefs...blah.

I dont necessarily think they need to change them...tradition and the older look isnt really a bad thing but, still some of the worst/most boring, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 01-18-2009 at 08:20 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I love the Bills jerseys but hate their throwbacks.

Browns uniforms are and have always been terrible.

Might be blasphemous but, Steelers and Bears unis have lost their luster in my eyes. Pretty boring.

Colts dont look too pretty anymore, imo either.

Raiders, Redskins, Chiefs...blah.

I dont necessarily think they need to change them...tradition and the older look isnt really a bad thing but, still some of the worst/most boring, imo.
There's always a first for something.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry but, that looks horrible, imo. I've always hated that helmet even when OJ was wearing it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-18-2009, 08:40 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm sorry but, that looks horrible, imo. I've always hated that helmet even when OJ was wearing it.
The logo, that's it? I suggested that they should take a page from the chargers, and use the popularity of their throwbacks and make new uni's based off of them. Basically a modern version of their throwbacks.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
The Chiefs jerseys ain't broke so don't try to fix them.
amen Splat.KC's jereseys are timeless and should NEVER be changed
Old 01-18-2009, 08:47 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
amen Splat.KC's jereseys are timeless and should NEVER be changed
Funny, knew yall would say that.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
The logo, that's it? I suggested that they should take a page from the chargers, and use the popularity of their throwbacks and make new uni's based off of them. Basically a modern version of their throwbacks.
The whole uniform as a whole just doesnt work for me. I dont know crap about fashion or what not but, I sure as hell think it looks horrible. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 01-18-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The whole uniform as a whole just doesnt work for me. I dont know crap out fashion or what not but, I sure as hell think it looks horrible. haha.
I'm with you, I much prefer the current Bills unis to the throwbacks.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like those jerseys haha i think they look good
Old 01-18-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Lions colors and unis are good, anyone who is saying different because the Lions are bad isn't thinking straight.

They were the original silver-helmet team, the Cowboys and Raiders followed in their footsteps.

The only thing I want now is to get rid of the black trim, not because it doesn't look good but because that was a Millen thing, and they should take it away to distance themselves from that catastrophe.

Look at that. That's a good uniform.

Edit: maybe they could stand to update the logo a little, from the plain lion to a little more detail like the illustrated Eagles or Bills logos (not the helmets but the team logos), or like the most recent Falcons helmet logo, with some silver and white accents and eyes and teeth and stuff. That would be cool.

Last edited by Calvin & Kevin : 01-18-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Calvin & Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How can you not like these unis?

I love those jerseys. And the grey pants with the blue and red running down the side are just money.

Hell the away jerseys are pretty money to
The aways are better. The shades of blue and gray suck, and when you put them together it is so ugly. I really hate that dull royal blue, and the gray.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as the Giants don't whip out those ugly ass red jerseys I'm happy.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The whole uniform as a whole just doesnt work for me. I dont know crap about fashion or what not but, I sure as hell think it looks horrible. haha.
I am actually with Moth here, I have always never liked the Bills throwback, but I don't like their current ones either. I think they both suck. I have never understood the obsession with the Bills throwback, and as I am 14 I've never seen OJ or any of the old Bills play seeing as I probably started caring about football like 2 years ago, so history means crap to me if it sucks change *ahem* Browns *cough*. I wish I could buy the Browns and just change their ******* names and their dog **** colored jerseys, with orange... orange? wtf...?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Here's something they were looking at doing a few years ago. I think it kinda looks like the Sabres (NHL) new logo.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that looks terrible too.

Whoever designs this crap for the Bills should be shot.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote