Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-04-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Bly "unhappy" about Denver trade... HAHA!...

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...04/1048/SPORTS

Quote:
NOTEBOOK: Cornerback Dreí Bly is unhappy the Lions traded him to Denver because he wanted to go to Washington, sources said. Bly is from Chesapeake, Va., and the Redskins were offering him a contract extension while the Broncos were not. The Redskins were offering cornerback Shawn Springs to the Lions. Though the Lions were interested, they preferred the Broncosí package of running back Tatum Bell, offensive lineman George Foster and a fifth-round draft pick for Bly and a sixth-rounder. Bly and his agent, Kennard McGuire, could not be reached for comment. Ö
Good. I'm not usually bitter, but i'm glad "Mr. Bly" didn't get his way. He wanted out and he got out.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawn Springs for Dre Bly. Now there would have been some pitchforks raised after that one.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Shawn Springs for Dre Bly. Now there would have been some pitchforks raised after that one.
Haha... I would've been furious.

So far, it seems like they've gotten players that WANT to be here. White/Curtis want to be here for Marinelli/Martz, and the rookies will want to be here to turn it around.

I like the direction.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
ain't nothin' better than a good ole riot with them pitchforks and torches every now and again.

But yeah, Springs for Bly would have been one crappy player for another. We got much better value out of this trade with Denver.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

shawn springs still plays? wow what is he now 38? something about those redskin cornerbacks i mean darrell green played till he was 54
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:55 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul View Post
shawn springs still plays? wow what is he now 38? something about those redskin cornerbacks i mean darrell green played till he was 54
Haha... GREAT! At least we're not in that division... I would hate to watch Bly for another 20 years.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Haha... GREAT! At least we're not in that division... I would hate to watch Bly for another 20 years.
I'd love to see him play in a Vikes jersey. Getting owned by Roy Williams twice a year, every year. That'd be a sight for sore eyes.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I'd love to see him play in a Vikes jersey. Getting owned by Roy Williams twice a year, every year. That'd be a sight for sore eyes.
At least wait until Kitna leaves for that. The thought of Bly returning a Kitna throw for a TD kinda makes me sick.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
At least wait until Kitna leaves for that. The thought of Bly returning a Kitna throw for a TD kinda makes me sick.
You know, I hate it when you're right.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You know, I hate it when you're right.
That's strange... I seem to enjoy it.

Har har har.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's strange... I seem to enjoy it.

Har har har.
Har Har Har. You sound like a pirate now.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah... he got what he deserved. He had no leverage nor did he even come out and say he wanted to get traded to a particular place (that I know of).

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Har Har Har. You sound like a pirate now.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
Hehe...

He was also negative in the locker room...

if hell had a team, I would've sent him there.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hehe...

He was also negative in the locker room...

if hell had a team, I would've sent him there.
If hell had a team... they'd probably have some nasty guys playing for them... Haynesworth comes to mind. Pacman would be another one. Probably a few busts who set their team back (Ryan Leaf?) and probably both McQuistan brothers, because they're just so damn ugly.

Wow. Hell's Angels (of course their team name would be the 'angels' sarcasm is for the devil). Imagine the roughing penalties. They'd have to constantly sign players out of FA just to keep their roster full, with all the suspensions and arrests those guys would have to put up with.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If hell had a team... they'd probably have some nasty guys playing for them... Haynesworth comes to mind. Pacman would be another one. Probably a few busts who set their team back (Ryan Leaf?) and probably both McQuistan brothers, because they're just so damn ugly.

Wow. Hell's Angels (of course their team name would be the 'angels' sarcasm is for the devil). Imagine the roughing penalties. They'd have to constantly sign players out of FA just to keep their roster full, with all the suspensions and arrests those guys would have to put up with.
That's not nice to say about the Bengals... only a few players ruin it for the rest of them.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Thumbs up

Quote:
That's not nice to say about the Bengals... only a few players ruin it for the rest of them.
:D I'm sorry, I'm a very mean person.

By the way. Did you know that if you take the B out and switch the A and the E bengals becomes Angels?

And: B stands for Bašl (which, as you surely know is one of the names used for the devils).

I swear, this was ment to be.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
:D I'm sorry, I'm a very mean person.

By the way. Did you know that if you take the B out and switch the A and the E bengals becomes Angels?

And: B stands for Bašl (which, as you surely know is one of the names used for the devils).

I swear, this was ment to be.
Wow... honestly... that's crazyness. You need to publish your findings.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wow... honestly... that's crazyness. You need to publish your findings.
I did. Now I'm in a mental health clinic. I mean I was. I mean I should be.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I did. Now I'm in a mental health clinic. I mean I was. I mean I should be.
Haha. I think you mean you'll be back shortly.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Haha. I think you mean you'll be back shortly.
Lol. Who knows. But let me tell you in about ten years they will find out the GM of the Bengals is in fact Satan and they will release me and give me a Nobel prize, a Pullizer prize AND an Oscar for my role as myself in a movie about how I unmasked the Bengals.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

The lions suck, who cares?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Lol. Who knows. But let me tell you in about ten years they will find out the GM of the Bengals is in fact Satan and they will release me and give me a Nobel prize, a Pullizer prize AND an Oscar for my role as myself in a movie about how I unmasked the Bengals.
The, you'll get arrested for conspiracy for predicting the events on an internet forum 10 years earlier.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
The lions suck, who cares?
The Cowboys can't seem to beat them and Romo can't seem to take a snap... so I guess I care.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Oh and Shawn Springs is 31 by the way, turns 32 in a week. That is still pretty young for a CB. He isn't old at all. He is acutally younger than Bly. Please check your sources before you post.

And wow the Lions got lucky and they beat us, big deal. Romo dropped a snap, that has nothing to do with how good of a QB he is. Have fun picking in the top 5 of the draft for atleast the next 10 years while we are SB contenders.

Last edited by TNewFan41 : 03-05-2007 at 02:13 PM.
TNewFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The, you'll get arrested for conspiracy for predicting the events on an internet forum 10 years earlier.
OMG this is so much like the intro-monologue from that series 'Nmb3rs'

"I can't help but to see these patterns"

I am SO much like Charlie Epps.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC