Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:20 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Luck Rex Ryan! You totally deserved this but in a way I kidna like a new blood at DC. I always thought that Rex's defense was always suspectable to the pass and there were many things I didn't like about it. Hell, maybe I'm just spolied with the luxury of having someone like him but I won't mind having someone new call the defensive plays. Hopefully the players bode well to it, they all seem to like Harbaugh (minus Chris McAlister) and I think now we will all see how tight a grip Harbaugh has on his team. I have full confidence in him. Kinda pissed however, that Rex is rumored to take Mike Pettine with him. I hate him for that. And he better not take anyone else.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as BBD said, saw this coming from a mile away. He's a great fit there. The Jets D will be very good next year, top 10 easy.

Their offense however? let's see if Rex can run an offense well unlike Mangini.

Does he keep Schottenheimer? hmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good pick up for NY as for Ray Ray I don't see him leaving but I think Suggs is gone even if it is not to the Jets.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Schottenheime being asked to leave if Rex accepts the job?
Old 01-19-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me very happy. He fits the mold of the style of coach i love. I am hoping he can elevate the defense to one that teams fear year in and year out. The team has some pieces, Rhodes, Revis, Harris, Jenkins, Pace, and Ellis are obviously the notables, and compare respectably to the key players the Ravens have. I'm very excited by this hire......and to think i was starting to get worried.

Now we just have to worry about the offense. I pray he brings in a new OC

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Lewis and Suggs are staying in Baltimore really, resign one and franchise the other. Ryan doesn't really need to bring anyone with him to Baltimore, not really any major holes on the Jets' defense except maybe in the secondary and at ILB next to Harris since Barton is a FA...so maybe they could sign Scott but I don't think the Jets go for many big name free agents this year after what they did last year.

Maybe Mangini will hire Callahan for O-Line coach now b/c I don't see Ryan bringing back any of those NY assistants.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

Great hire for the Jets pus Rex has a sense of humor, something that will serve him well in NY.

Kind of reminds me of Parcells.
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Mason, Anderson, Stover, Pryce, Lewis, Reed, McCallister, Rolle are aging, and can they afford Suggs?

Lewis can't have more than 1-2 years left if he doesn't retire and frankly...

As far as I recall..

Suggs, Brown, Lewis, Scott, Boller, Neal, Wilcox, Stover, Edwards, Cody, Ivy are UFA's..

Landry, Martin, Sypniewski are RFA's.

Not to mention He's losing a top 3 Defensive Coordinator and his positional coach. Not to mention if he takes Jackson... in his first 2 years Flacco will have 2 different QB coaches.
Is Cam Cameron leaving? Cause he's really the main QB coach, IMO.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Rex takes Chris McCalister, Samari Rolle, Frank Walker, Corey Ivy, and Evan Ogelsby because they are all trash. It's shocking this defense performed at the level they did with horrific corners. I guess it's a testament to Rex's blitz schemes and the leadership of Haloti and Ray.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as he doesn't take Suggs away from my Bears, I'm happy.

Also, Rex will never experience the awesomeness of this picture:

Old 01-19-2009, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Hopefully Rex takes Chris McCalister, Samari Rolle, Frank Walker, Corey Ivy, and Evan Ogelsby because they are all trash. It's shocking this defense performed at the level they did with horrific corners. I guess it's a testament to Rex's blitz schemes and the leadership of Haloti and Ray.
And Reed.....

Old 01-19-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
And Reed.....
Reed leads by example but isn't a vocal leader. He does keep his guys lined up though.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Reed leads by example but isn't a vocal leader. He does keep his guys lined up though.
Did you see him last night?

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Does he keep Schottenheimer? hmmm
I think Brian Schottenheimer will stay unless he brings someone from the Ravens staff.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

=(
congrats though to rex, he deserved a HC gig. i think the ravens go back to a 4-3 cause im not sure anybody can head the organized chaos like rex did

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Potentially both a new offensive and defensive coordinator? Fantastic.
Apparently Schottenheimer's not going to ask out so unless Ryan wants him gone I think he's sticking around unfortunately. If he leaves supposedly we'd try to bring in Hue Jackson to be OC which I'd really like though the Bengals apparently want to bring him in as well. Mike Pettine seems to be the choice for DC and we can hire him as long as the Ravens don't make him their DC.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Brett Ratliff really wouldn't be a bad QB as much as people may joke about him. There will be growing pains, even the best go through them, but if he gets a shot I can see them competing.
if he could play the game manager role then i think hed be a good fit. like you just said, yes there will be growing pains, but the oline and the run game will be strong enough again for him to lean on. even kellen clemens deserves another shot
Old 01-19-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Coaching staff most likely.
HC-Ryan
OC-Schottenheimer
DC-Mike Pettine
ST-Mike Westhoff

I would not complain about this, don't mind keeping the OC as I heard he was hampered by Mangini. Anyways there will be no learning curve on the offensive side, and Ryan can worry about the defensive side.
Jets seem to love Schottenheimer also, he was pretty close to getting the HC job. Seemed like he was their #2 guy behind Ryan. So if Ryan is for it, which I heard he wouldn't mind keeping Schotty I see the Jets retaining Schottenheimer as OC.

Hopefully this helps us, I like the idea of having a more aggressive style of defense. More attacking instead of sending 3 all of the time and dropping the rest back.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:53 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Any word on who Rex Ryan wants to bring in for the Defensive Cordinator? and if he was Brain Schottenheimer in or out?
Old 01-20-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Schottenheimer out or to change up his play calling a bit. If he's out I want Callahan as the OC. Someone who will just run it down team's throats.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Schottenheimer wants to leave and Rex talked to him trying to convince him to say. That should be settled by the end of the week. Word is Pettine is the favorite to be DC and if Schottenheimer leaves Ryan is going to try and bring in Hue Jackson.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Idk b schott obviously shows potential and has a bright future but he seems too gimmicky for the jets offense. I mean we have the pieces I'm not against creativity but I'm a fan of simplicity
Old 01-20-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Idk b schott obviously shows potential and has a bright future but he seems too gimmicky for the jets offense. I mean we have the pieces I'm not against creativity but I'm a fan of simplicity
I think at this point with the youth we'll have at quarterback and our strength at offensive line and running back we need to run a ball control offense, not sure if Schott's the guy to do it or not. Some seem to think he got handicapped by the Favre acquisition. But we need to get Jones the ball, get Washington more carries, build the passing game off of the running game, use playaction well, keep Keller involved. As long as we could get somebody to stretch the field with the potential to make big plays from the WR spot that could be a very solid offense.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, a head coach pick just to revive Gholston's career!

Just kidding, this is a good hire.

Does anyone else think it's mildly funny that Brian Schottenheimer is considered too fancy, not enough "cram it down their throat" mentality? Is he really Marty's son?

Last edited by CC.SD : 01-20-2009 at 03:00 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop it, Rex. Just let him go.