Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-19-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default With Rex Ryan Leaving...

Who would you guys like for Harbaugh and Ozzie to hire? I mean, my first thought was either Mike Pettine or Jeff Fitzgerald. Both those guys did outstanding jobs with the linebacking core. I would also love for Clarence Brooks to get promoted. I think it's better to keep the new DC someone whos already here. That way, we probably don't have to make any major adjustments and the players could bode well with it.

Another question, anyone this this change could be a good thing? I mean, tons of our stars are aging (Ray Lewis, Samari Rolle, Chris McAlister, Trevor Pryce, even Ed Reed) and with all the young talent (Haloti Ngata, Dawan Landry, Jim Leonhard maybe, Antwan Barnes, Tarvares Gooden, Zbikowski, Nakamura, and maybe even Terrell Suggs) that a new face at DC wouldnt be such a bad thing? I wasnt always a huge fan of Ryan blitzing more than he had in pass coverage, especially with a weak secondary and hopefully our new DC brings something new.

This is gonna be a hard loss, but one that I think will show what kind of team we really are.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had no problem with the blitzing because IMO even if everyone was back in coverage with our horrible DB's if the QB was not pressured immediately he would pick us apart and that has happened.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I had no problem with the blitzing because IMO even if everyone was back in coverage with our horrible DB's if the QB was not pressured immediately he would pick us apart and that has happened.
That's exactly my thinking as well. Whenever he didn't blitz we couldn't get any pressure (because our D-Lineman are built for a 3-4, not 4-3) and Big Ben picked us apart like always. I love that Rex is gone, his prevent/zone defense was what killed us in the losses this year. I think a couple of possible candidates are Clarence Brooks and there are even some rumors that Greg Mattison might get a shot. He was the defensive coordinator for Floridafrom 2005-2007. I don't know how much he knows about running a 3-4, but it would be an interesting hire. I personally hope Brooks gets the job.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My long shot for the DC spot is Mark Carrier. I love the guy and think he would be a great DC. That being said, our blitzing style needs alterations. Our blitzes tend to cluster and allow QB's optimal chance to step up or break the lack of containment. Ben does this religiously against us because we have no discipline in rushing him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Last edited by BigDawg819 : 01-19-2009 at 12:21 PM.
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
My long shot for the DC spot is Mark Carrier. I love the guy and think he would be a great DC. That being said, our blitzing style needs alterations. Our blitzes then to cluster and allow QB's optimal chance to step up or break the lack of containment. Ben does this religiously against us because we have no discipline in rushing him.
I'd LOVE to have Carrier be our new DC. hes just the type of guy John Harbaugh likes and I think hes got a real shot at the job. and great post on our blitz, we really do have no control when he blitz, we just run at him and hope he stays put.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think you will still have the dominate defense since Rex is gone? I know you guys will still have the players, but the same scheme and dominance? Kind've iffy on me since you will lose I saw 2 of 3 linebackers and have to reshape that cornerback corps.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Do you guys think you will still have the dominate defense since Rex is gone? I know you guys will still have the players, but the same scheme and dominance? Kind've iffy on me since you will lose I saw 2 of 3 linebackers and have to reshape that cornerback corps.
more likely to lose 1 of 3 linebackers. We could re-sign 1 and franchise the other and let one walk. But yeah, I think our defense could take a step down with the departure of Rex, but we should still be pretty good especially if we make our new DC someone who is already coaching for us, like Pettine, Carrier, or Brooks, guys that know the system, won't change much and players would like em as well. Our defense should still be good though. Plus, I think our offense will get better and that REALLY helps the defense is a huge way.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. You guys need another reciever. Clayton and Mason are a good duo, but you have noone worth a damn outside of them.

I do like Tavarres Gooden and I think he will be a beast for you guys.

Should be interesting. I wonder if Suggs wants to go home to Arizona to play for the Cardinals, Ray I think you resign. Bart Scott needs to go.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda hate the guy and think he's a douche, but isn't Gregg Williams available?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I kinda hate the guy and think he's a douche, but isn't Gregg Williams available?
who? Rex?..
Old 01-19-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
who? Rex?..
NO! Gregg Williams is a douche that I kinda hate.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-19-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can we let go of samari rolle? this guy is as fragile as glass falling from the 30th floor. i wouldnt mind having our secondary be next year, chris mcalister, fabian washington, 1st rounder, jim leonhard, and ed reed.

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
can we let go of samari rolle? this guy is as fragile as glass falling from the 30th floor. i wouldnt mind having our secondary be next year, chris mcalister, fabian washington, 1st rounder, jim leonhard, and ed reed.
THANK YOU!!! Im so sick of everyone saying we should let McAlister go, thats unbelievable madness! The cap casualty needs to be Samari Rolle not the better CB in Chris McAlister!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-19-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Williams go to New Orleans? And yes losing CMac will be a disaster, yeah he disagreed with Harbaugh but so did a lot of guys. Get him healthy because you know he's hungry after missing out on this playoff run, and let him play with that chip on his shoulder and punish receivers.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cmac can play I agree he needs to be back. Get a 1st day CB to be our nickel and groom him. Then let Walker be our #4.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Cmac can play I agree he needs to be back. Get a 1st day CB to be our nickel and groom him. Then let Walker be our #4.
NO!, Walker has to go, so does Ivy!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-19-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a #4 CB so IDC really. We have that Derrick Martin drug dealing moron, but if he can't start about Rolle and Ivy he must blow. I could see us keeping one of them and just having him be a #4
Old 01-19-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

According to the Baltimore Sun, "word around the NFL" is that the Cowboys are targeting impending free agent Ray Lewis and are willing to guarantee him $25 million in a three-year contract.

There should be a good number of rumors this week with lots of NFL people gathering at the Senior Bowl. Owner Jerry Jones reportedly believes Lewis could help solve problems in Dallas' locker room. The Ravens will enter talks with Lewis shortly, but re-signing Terrell Suggs should be their top priority.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
According to the Baltimore Sun, "word around the NFL" is that the Cowboys are targeting impending free agent Ray Lewis and are willing to guarantee him $25 million in a three-year contract.

There should be a good number of rumors this week with lots of NFL people gathering at the Senior Bowl. Owner Jerry Jones reportedly believes Lewis could help solve problems in Dallas' locker room. The Ravens will enter talks with Lewis shortly, but re-signing Terrell Suggs should be their top priority.
That rumor started when we played in Dallas. How exactly would Jerry afford that with the cap in 09? He gave TO an extension, signed Roy to big money, have Romo signed big, and isn't Ware a FA or close to it?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-19-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Here's a different perspective on this topic, should the Ravens play hard ball and not let top assistants walk away in pursuit of New York glory with Rex? We're all happy for Rex on a personal level, but the name of this game is that its a business. And business dictates you keep in house talent to make your organization better. Our defense is in for a change no matter who takes over or who stays or go on the field. That being said, personally I don't want one coach to walk away.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-19-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

To cover all the bases:

-- No one is getting hired, someone is gonna get promoted. Rumors are this: Mike Pettine is gonna be Rex's new DC, Hue Jackson is gonna be Rex's new OC, and someone like Chuck Pagano will get promoted in the Ravens new scheme. And honestly, there's no reason to believe Rex will be such a loss, because this defense is at the top of the charts every year, and as long as the in-house promotion is a strong one, the D will be fine. As long as the new DC can teach Ed Reed and the rest of the D to freakin TACKLE SOMEONE, it'll be ok.

-- The more I think about it, the more I think CMac should stay, but the guy's also been injured 2 years in a row. If there's anything less than 100 percent commitment to offseason training from him, he's perfectly expendable. Maybe he just doesn't WANT to play in B-more anymore(I can't see why he wouldn't, but who knows), and that's something the club will have to accept and move on from. Either way, CB is gonna be the Rd. 1 pick. Christ, I think they could have asked some bum in the crowd to play DB the way the depth was going last night.

-- Ray's not going to Dallas..let's be real here.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewyRaven318 View Post
To cover all the bases:

-- No one is getting hired, someone is gonna get promoted. Rumors are this: Mike Pettine is gonna be Rex's new DC, Hue Jackson is gonna be Rex's new OC, and someone like Chuck Pagano will get promoted in the Ravens new scheme. And honestly, there's no reason to believe Rex will be such a loss, because this defense is at the top of the charts every year, and as long as the in-house promotion is a strong one, the D will be fine. As long as the new DC can teach Ed Reed and the rest of the D to freakin TACKLE SOMEONE, it'll be ok.

-- The more I think about it, the more I think CMac should stay, but the guy's also been injured 2 years in a row. If there's anything less than 100 percent commitment to offseason training from him, he's perfectly expendable. Maybe he just doesn't WANT to play in B-more anymore(I can't see why he wouldn't, but who knows), and that's something the club will have to accept and move on from. Either way, CB is gonna be the Rd. 1 pick. Christ, I think they could have asked some bum in the crowd to play DB the way the depth was going last night.

-- Ray's not going to Dallas..let's be real here.
I'm hearing there is no guarantee that Brian Schottenhiemer is out as OC yet.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-19-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I'm hearing there is no guarantee that Brian Schottenhiemer is out as OC yet.
Yeah, I've heard it both ways. I mean if lil Marty stays in NY, that's fine with me. I'd rather we not lose Hue.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's a different perspective on this topic, should the Ravens play hard ball and not let top assistants walk away in pursuit of New York glory with Rex? We're all happy for Rex on a personal level, but the name of this game is that its a business. And business dictates you keep in house talent to make your organization better. Our defense is in for a change no matter who takes over or who stays or go on the field. That being said, personally I don't want one coach to walk away.
I've been hearing talk of Clarence Brooks, Mike Pettine, and Hue all going to NY. Pettine and Brooks are prime candidates to take the DC spot. I'd be really unhappy if we let any of them go. It's not Rex's right to screw us over so badly, gashing us of our top assistants after all the glory we've given him. He only became so hyped because our defense makes every coordinator look good.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I've been hearing talk of Clarence Brooks, Mike Pettine, and Hue all going to NY. Pettine and Brooks are prime candidates to take the DC spot. I'd be really unhappy if we let any of them go. It's not Rex's right to screw us over so badly, gashing us of our top assistants after all the glory we've given him. He only became so hyped because our defense makes every coordinator look good.
How dare you diminish Marvin Lewis and to some extent Mike Nolan :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: