Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's a football player not a football watcher. he did good and was physically good to play. he should have been on the field. if somebody tried to baby me like that in the biggest game of my life...it would take more than just 'flipping an emotional switch' after the game to calm me down. that game was back and forth in the 2nd half without boldin playing. the first half they were torching the eagles. i don't see how anybody can blame him. he just wanted to help his team. that little one wr and run 2 yard offense almost lost them the game.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Won't hear me complaining about Boldin in a KC jersey next year. I don't think he's close to the TO level yet, but it's something that should be watched closely. Never took him for a guy to do something like this.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
he's a football player not a football watcher. he did good and was physically good to play. he should have been on the field. if somebody tried to baby me like that in the biggest game of my life...it would take more than just 'flipping an emotional switch' after the game to calm me down. that game was back and forth in the 2nd half without boldin playing. the first half they were torching the eagles. i don't see how anybody can blame him. he just wanted to help his team. that little one wr and run 2 yard offense almost lost them the game.

Well one reason could be that during the most important drive in maybe Cardinals history he was getting into a heated confrontation with the guy calling the plays, as if he needed to be juggling play-calling and arguing with a guy calling him a ***** and distracting him.

Also, who wants a guy that when their team wins the NFC he heads home before the celebration or the handing out of the trophies, that reeks of selfishness and jealousy to me...Your right nothing wrong about wanting the ball but bolting and not celebrating with your team? You don't see how anyone can blame him for that?

Also Boldin wasn't 100%, he may of been healthy enough to play, but Haley probably wanted to go with Breaston to be sure, I can understand the frustration but your supposed to be happy for your teammates and organization for finally making a super bowl and he was only concerned with being taken out for one drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If it was TO or Chad Johnson it would be all over the news but not my words:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...64363/13040597

Here's where Haley briefly talked about the exchange:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...t-cardsnb.html

Whatever your opinions are of his actions, does any of this increase the chances that he gets traded? I tried to lipsync the words of Boldin and Haley and I believe Boldin called Haley a p****.
not only that but I think Boldin told Haley that he will knock him out and then Haley said "Go ahead" like 3 or 4 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we'll trade our 1st for him.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Boldin HATES Arizona, he has suffered quietly there all year long. I guess he just reached his breaking point at a poor time.

It's been common knowledge that Boldin has wanted out of Arizona since the offseason because Arizona didn't make good on a promise to pay the man what he is worth.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
He is a superstar wr what do you expect. He wants the football I want a guy like that. He will enjoy wearing a KC/Miami/Houston uni next year
He wants to be in the game on the most pivotal drive of Cardinals history. I can blame him for storming off after the game, but I have heard Haley has had other confrontations like that. The sideline doesn't bother me so much, the after game is a little much.

Oh, and of course TO would be getting even more ripped for this. Why wouldn't he, he has done crap like this for so long, Boldin hasn't.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The incident reminds me of my freshmen year in football. It was our home coming and by half we were winning osmething like 48-0 so coach pulled a few of the varsity players and put in the JV. Our stud running back threw a fit because it was his last homecoming, and the other team kept their varsity in. While I understand that 48-0 is not the same as 25-24, I kind of get it, but it shouldnt have gone further then the argument. No reason to pout about going to a superbowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Cobra Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
He wants to be in the game on the most pivotal drive of Cardinals history. I can blame him for storming off after the game, but I have heard Haley has had other confrontations like that. The sideline doesn't bother me so much, the after game is a little much.

Oh, and of course TO would be getting even more ripped for this. Why wouldn't he, he has done crap like this for so long, Boldin hasn't.
It would be the lead story on ESPN if it was T.O.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i do think this is pulled out of proportions i dont think its that much of a problem. its not like he was disappointed about making the SB

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anquan Boldin is an arrogant prick. He isn't even the best receiver on his team. And Breaston is sneaking up on being the second best, which is why he was in and Boldin was out. This is worse than TO, TO shuts up when his team wins. TO woulda been out there celebrating with his teammates. So if I was Arizona I'd say good riddance.
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The topic creator seems to be jumping to some major conclusions about someone's character based on someone elses writings and a short clip on the sideline. Jerry Rice blew up like this multiple times, great competitive players are going to have confrontations because of their competitiveness. Boldin has been a class act for the majority of his career, he's played hard and injured this year even after making it clear he was unhappy with his situation in Arizona and the way management has treated him. And he has alot of right to be pissed about his situation, he's been just as productive as Larry yet hasn't gotten near the respect or the money, and they've been unwilling the renegotiate with him. I know alot of people like to pull the bs "well you signed the contract so you have to follow it" but that is a completely useless point in today's NFL because NFL teams don't follow contracts, so why should the players.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they only had fitz out there and were just trying to run as much clock as possible. the dude just lost his cool and that's what happens when people get upset. it was boldin's problem and he went home to think about it and deal with it instead of dragging his teammates down. doesn't make sense now, but we aren't exactly feeling the same way that he was at that time. i was definately not a fan of the playcalling in the 2nd half either.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-19-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
zomg, he didn't like, want to touch the trophy and stuffz?! what an #(*$&.

i couldn't care less if a teammate wanted to go home and sleep immediately after the game, or dance around the locker room like an idiot with champagne. it's the bloody NFCC. it's not the super bowl. let's repeat that: it's not the super bowl.

i personally wouldn't have been celebrating anything either. who cares? the big game is in two weeks.

Who cares? Maybe Adrian Wilson for one.

Or maybe all the fans that were still packed into the stadium, or maybe it was the many Cardinals players crying.

You can make it seem like a trophy presentation isn't a big deal because the NFL isn't your career, just because you personally wouldn't have been celebrating anything, doesn't mean anyone else on that team felt that way.

Since when has not going to the super bowl been a big celebration on your home field? There is alot to be happy for, instead of going home and pouting.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

again...breaston wasn't even in the game either for a majority of those plays. if breaston was in then people can make an argument for selfishness but he wasn't even replaced. it was one wr most of the way.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-19-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i do think this is pulled out of proportions i dont think its that much of a problem. its not like he was disappointed about making the SB
Maybe. In this case I think it was all frustration in the 'heat of the moment' as Haley said and those same emotions carried itself well after the game. I'm sure he's fine today.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see why he wouldn't celebrate with his teammates. I know it was only the NFC Championship game and all that, but its been 61 years since they have won something like this. Also, it is a great moment, only 2 teams get to go play in the Super Bowl. What else does Boldin want? Be a #1 receiver on one of the 15 teams from the NFC sitting on their asses the next two weeks.....
Old 01-19-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I just don't see why he wouldn't celebrate with his teammates. I know it was only the NFC Championship game and all that, but its been 61 years since they have won something like this. Also, it is a great moment, only 2 teams get to go play in the Super Bowl. What else does Boldin want? Be a #1 receiver on one of the 15 teams from the NFC sitting on their asses the next two weeks.....
its not like he isnt happy about winning or doesnt want to go to the Superbowl...

Old 01-19-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
its not like he isnt happy about winning or doesnt want to go to the Superbowl...
It doesn't look like he is. It sounds like he wants more money and get the **** up outta Arizona.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Boldin HATES Arizona, he has suffered quietly there all year long. I guess he just reached his breaking point at a poor time.

It's been common knowledge that Boldin has wanted out of Arizona since the offseason because Arizona didn't make good on a promise to pay the man what he is worth.
Actually, he has said he loves Arizona many times before, so maybe your just jumping to conclusions about how he just hates it there, but they wouldn't be right.

It's not even a breaking point, either. Players have outbursts like this often.

And, we did "pay the man". We gave him a contract extension after his rookie year.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm sure it ruined his day that boldin wasn't out there partying.

right, every single one of the fans was thinking "wait! where's boldin!?! this win is meaningless without him on the field where i can barely even identify him dancing around or crying openly. what's worse is that my life will pretty much end if he isn't in the locker room partying!"

please.

but boldin may have felt that way, and since it had no impact whatsoever on anyone else's life or well being, he's perfectly entitled to leave the field at whatever time he wants.

or are all hockey players classless idiots, too?

or going home because the game that actually matters is the next week.

but the wild assumptions are fun.

are you just bitter that people think owens is a worthless, classless idiot because he has a, you know, pattern for doing this crap and thus would liekly generate more press? because there doesn't seem to be any other possible reason for you being this invested in it.

What is your agenda? I could care less about TO, visit the Cowboys forum and I said I'd vote to cut him and part ways, he has nothing to do with this thread at all, I just mentioned his name originally because I said if it was TO it would of been all over ESPN or had a thread by now which I'm probably right, yes it's probably because he has a prior history of doing things like that which I never doubted, but in your own words:

Quote:
but the wild assumptions are fun.

But it's ok for you I guess.

My point is that I think it was disrespectful to leave the stadium before the trophy presentation, I don't give a damn what you would do in that situation, and some players probably didn't give a damn about Boldin, and some probably were wondering where he was.

There doesn't seem to be any other possible reason I'm interested in this story other then TO? Is this not the NFL forum or did I not share my opinion? I just posed the question "regardless of what you think of his actions do you think he will be traded"?

You should try adding something useful to discussions sometimes and not looking to pick aparts peoples opinions, makes you look like an idiot.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
some players probably didn't give a damn about Boldin, and some probably were wondering where he was.
so what is ur point? If no one cared, why should anyone?

People pull out the opinion card way too often. U shouldnt dissent but disagree. Dissension brings nothing to the conversation. Every opinion is based on facts and interpretation of things/belief. if u base ur opinion on wrong facts and a wrong belief, its absolutely possible to pick apart the opinion of people. Just because someone has an opinion doesnt mean it cant be wrong

Old 01-19-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
so what is ur point? If no one cared, why should anyone?

People pull out the opinion card way too often. U shouldnt dissent but disagree. Dissension brings nothing to the conversation. Every opinion is based on facts and interpretation of things/belief. if u base ur opinion on wrong facts and a wrong belief, its absolutely possible to pick apart the opinion of people. Just because someone has an opinion doesnt mean it cant be wrong

My original question I posed was do you think this changes whether or not he gets traded.

I've seen it on nearly every sports show I watched this morning so somebody cares obviously...I am not basing my opinions on "wrong facts", it's been reported by multiple sources that he left the field before the celebration, and I said if he did that I felt it was disrespectful.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
benchod
Rookie

benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoldin View Post
Actually, he has said he loves Arizona many times before, so maybe your just jumping to conclusions about how he just hates it there, but they wouldn't be right.

It's not even a breaking point, either. Players have outbursts like this often.

And, we did "pay the man". We gave him a contract extension after his rookie year.
Boldin requested a trade earlier in the season. He really wants out, even with the success that the team is having this season. They tried negotiating an extension earlier and they couldn't come to an agreement because of the crazy contract they gave Fitzgerald. It was written about by quite a few people, there was no way that Arizona could devote so much of their cap to Boldin and Fitz.

Whether its justified or not, that has been his feeling and he made it very clear early in the season that he wants out and is angry at the organization, but he can't do anything because he's under contract for another season.

Up to this point, you can give him credit for not doing something incredibly stupid. You probably can forgive him for the confrontation with Haley because of the heat of the moment thing, but ditching the postgame celebrations is a little childish.
benchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Boldin going to Houston to pair up with the most under rated elite receiver to play in the last decade. Well thats at least what Mario told me....lol

Hey, if you can put the Eagles in the discussion then I can put the Texans in it as well....lol
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote