Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I wouldn't want him on our team.
Oh come on, sure things have gotten bad in arizona, but he's been a team leader there for a while. Imagine you're coaching someplace were you've been coaching for a while, and you're the head coaches right hand man, you deal with all of the players and you have this position of leadership. Then management has this young up and comer whom they pay a lot more than you and in crunch time this coach who had been going to you a lot and expecting you to help him lead the men ignores you in a conference championship game for this youngin as you're re-negotiating your contract with the team. Wouldn't that piss you off and make you feel like you're being phased out?

I see where Boldin's coming from, he has been a leader for that team who wants to be paid on par wiht his younger, non-leader team-mate but instead of the team giving him that deal they're taking him during one of the most important parts of one of the most important games of your season. I get Boldin in this situation and would love to have him in NY because he busts his ass, gives his all and will fight for the team, it's just when the team misled him and didn't put him out there with the game in the balance he got upset.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Oh come on, sure things have gotten bad in arizona, but he's been a team leader there for a while. Imagine you're coaching someplace were you've been coaching for a while, and you're the head coaches right hand man, you deal with all of the players and you have this position of leadership. Then management has this young up and comer whom they pay a lot more than you and in crunch time this coach who had been going to you a lot and expecting you to help him lead the men ignores you in a conference championship game for this youngin as you're re-negotiating your contract with the team. Wouldn't that piss you off and make you feel like you're being phased out?

I see where Boldin's coming from, he has been a leader for that team who wants to be paid on par wiht his younger, non-leader team-mate but instead of the team giving him that deal they're taking him during one of the most important parts of one of the most important games of your season. I get Boldin in this situation and would love to have him in NY because he busts his ass, gives his all and will fight for the team, it's just when the team misled him and didn't put him out there with the game in the balance he got upset.
Our offense is no where near there offense. We are a running team. Not only that he is 29 years old. We have to TRADE for him, meaning picks, and then sign him to a big contract. I would rather trade for another WR, or do what Reese does and build from the draft.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How is Boldin a leader but Fitz is a "non-leader"? Fitz got majority of his money from incentives in his contract so it's not like the Cards threw all this money at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
not even remotely. if he drags this out in the media over the next two weeks, or had he left DURING the game, he would be all of those things. but leaving the field when the game is over? how does this one incident make him anything approaching a cancer/bad teammate?
If he had a habit of leaving immediately after games, and not liking to spend time with his teammates, i'd have no issue with him just leaving like that, but after showing displeasure with his coaching staff, he stormed off in a "f everyone" manner, then declined to comment on whether he wanted to be in Arizona next year, that's starting to be a little T.O-esque.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anquan Boldin would look good wearing Blue. And in NY he wouldn't have to party on the field, hell we'd be happy if he just shanked Killdrive and then dipped out until the next practice.
First PLax, now Boldin? Sounds to me like thatd be asking for more trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If he had a habit of leaving immediately after games, and not liking to spend time with his teammates, i'd have no issue with him just leaving like that, but after showing displeasure with his coaching staff, he stormed off in a "f everyone" manner, then declined to comment on whether he wanted to be in Arizona next year, that's starting to be a little T.O-esque.
cause saying he wants out there would make it so much better in the locker room?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
cause saying he wants out there would make it so much better in the locker room?
Not saying he doesn't want out is the equivalent of saying he wants out, so that's the problem.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ideally (again, not all teammates are perfect), as that head coach you would be upset- and have the right to be upset about that situation. HOWEVER, if you being "phased out" lead to a WIN, your level of disappointment about your own situation would be trumped by the jubilation felt after a team victory.

Basically, if you are a little selfish (most people are), and not an ideal and perfect teammate, you would indeed be pissed.

Now what Boldin will never understand and realize (because he is so competitive and confident by nature), is that Fitzgerald is the better player which is why he got the money and gets the reps as the lone WR in that particular set.

I can understand why Boldin is coming from, but you would hope winning the biggest game of his career would at least alleviate some of his selfish disappointment. As far as the "team leader" comment- I think saying he's been "one of their best players" fitz (LOL) a lot better.

Bad teammate? In my opinion his actions were those of a bad teammate. That can be argued but being upset after a win under those circumstances makes him look like a bad teammate to me.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Whatever your opinions are of his actions, does any of this increase the chances that he gets traded? I tried to lipsync the words of Boldin and Haley and I believe Boldin called Haley a p****.
He got taken out of the game when the game was on the line after all he's done for that organization...he had every right to be angry, any player would be. How he handled it might not be the best way to go about it, but he's watched the Cardinals take complete and utter advantage of the fact that he's a team player all year, doing nothing about the contract situation he made clear was unacceptable to him in August (I don't blame him since he's probably one of the biggest bargains in the NFL), playing through injuries and not causing problems all season long when he could have easily pulled a Moss or TO, then he gets taken out of the game on the biggest drive of his life? Anyone would be fed up. I know if he wants to be a Colt, and the money situation can work out, I'd gladly welcome him on my team.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not saying he doesn't want out is the equivalent of saying he wants out, so that's the problem.
maybe he needs some time to think about it? i mean what is he supposed to do? lie? and then leave anyways and get critized for that?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the man came back from sinus surgery in what, like two weeks and started playing again...this after he go absolutely smashed in the face by a hit. He is also playing through a hamstring problem as well. Probably mostly frustration and it doesn't make what he did right but he's also sacrificed a lot for that organization.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was mad, and left rather than continue to make a scene....why view that badly. I've gotten in fights, then experienced something good and was still in a bad mood, and people noticed....so at least he left and didn't linger to cause a scene. I don't agree with the arguement on the sideline, but lets not throw the name of TO out there with this, they are no where near the same class. When he calls out Warner and the coaching staff, let me know, until then, leave the TO garbage out back.

He has been nothing but a business guy all season, even though he was unhappy with his situation. He did what we all feel all athletes should do by playing to his contract, and excelling. He was a stud this season, a leader, and he came back from a brutal injury quickly and helped the team. Yes he had a bad game or two, but are we going to say his attitude was to blame? Surely not. Even if he wasn't making the plays at that time, he was a factor in that game, that is what stud WRs do.

To say you don't want your team to have this guy because of this incident is sheer stupidity. I laugh and pray that a hard working, physical receiver who doesn't quit is willing to come to my team. I believe his style of play and wear on his body won't allow him to have the long career that many other WRs have, but he isn't there yet, he's got another 4 years at least in him, so bring him my way.

He has 2 weeks in the media spotlight, and you can expect many questions on this incident. I will be interesting to see how it is handled, but regardless, i expected him to be gone in the offseason anyway. The Cards and he have shown they won't be baited and lose value, so that 'lost value when a player demands a trade' idea should be gone. They may get a great memory out of the relationship, but either way, we know Anquan doesn't want to be there, but he's been a model athlete to this point....he certainly is no TO.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Our offense is no where near there offense. We are a running team. Not only that he is 29 years old. We have to TRADE for him, meaning picks, and then sign him to a big contract. I would rather trade for another WR, or do what Reese does and build from the draft.
I understand the cost but the Plax situation has shown how over the long run a true number really affects our effectiveness on offense. We need that threat even if it's under-used. Which is why I'd like to see us trade for a vet who could come in and fill that role for 4 years while we develop someone to take over for him at that time. Of course this depends on how much Arizona wants for him, but if it's a reasonable price I would love to a fighter like him to our team. With Boldin in the fold we could calmly cut plax and have more freedom in the draft, before grabbing someone like Ramses Barden to develop for when Boldin slows down. I just feel like for the next 2 years Boldin is the best WR on the trade or FA market and after those two years we're looking at the later half of his contract and hopefully our young talent has progressed enough by then to ease his decline, although I don't expect him to really decline for another 4-5 years and by then he'll be a fan favorite.

This isn't really a Reese move but that doesn't mean I don't think he would pull the trigger or that it would work out. I guess it all depends on Plax and whether he's back or not but if he's not I like this option more than braylon Edwards who drops more balls than Shockey at his peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
First PLax, now Boldin? Sounds to me like thatd be asking for more trouble.
Plax has worked out well and he's been great for this team during his time here. We have a very team oriented group of guys here so one dissenting opinion really doesn't cause a problem. I think Plax has been similar to Randy Moss in NE where because everyone else is so focused on the team and winning it just rubs off on Randy enough to prevent him from becoming a problem. And I see the same thing with Boldin, plus boldin isn't on plax's level of stupid and won't shoot himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Ideally (again, not all teammates are perfect), as that head coach you would be upset- and have the right to be upset about that situation. HOWEVER, if you being "phased out" lead to a WIN, your level of disappointment about your own situation would be trumped by the jubilation felt after a team victory.

Basically, if you are a little selfish (most people are), and not an ideal and perfect teammate, you would indeed be pissed.

Now what Boldin will never understand and realize (because he is so competitive and confident by nature), is that Fitzgerald is the better player which is why he got the money and gets the reps as the lone WR in that particular set.

I can understand why Boldin is coming from, but you would hope winning the biggest game of his career would at least alleviate some of his selfish disappointment. As far as the "team leader" comment- I think saying he's been "one of their best players" fitz (LOL) a lot better.

Bad teammate? In my opinion his actions were those of a bad teammate. That can be argued but being upset after a win under those circumstances makes him look like a bad teammate to me.
But the win didn't occur in a vacuum, it's been a season long thing where he's put his health at risk for them and been a real trooper, I mean back two weeks after that brutal hit?, and what does that get him? Not even getting to be out there to help his team win the biggest game of his career when for as long as he's been there he's been one of the go to guys. I dunno I understand why he feels disrespected and why he feels the Cards are already starting to move on from him. I'd like to see him be a better man but depending on the situation behind closed doors I can at least understand why he's acting the way he is and see myself acting similar under certain conditions.

And he's been a big time leader for that team which has been really crucial to fitzy's development because Boldin took the responsibility on himself and was a vocal guy for them, letting fitzy work on fitzy and not have to worry about keeping the lockerroom together.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peppers for Boldin.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently people didn't really watch the game, Fitz and Warner both bitched out Haley before hand, the only thing that concerns me is his lack of respect for the fans after the game

And as for the contract situation, we offered him Fitz's contract before Fitz, he declined it, so we then gave the money to Fitz, blame that on Rosenhaus

Last edited by fenikz : 01-19-2009 at 03:54 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Apparently people didn't really watch the game, Fitz and Warner both bitched out Haley before hand, the only thing that concerns me is his lack of respect for the fans after the game

And as for the contract situation, we offered him Fitz's contract before Fitz, he declined it, so we then gave the money to Fitz, blame that on Boras
Rosenhaus*

But yeah, we get it. I didn't know he had gotten offered Fitzgerald money, though. By "his" contract, do you mean the one he got his rookie year, or the 4/40 one he recently signed?

And i knew Warner had gotten into it with Haley as well, but Warner didn't storm off the stadium like a little girl who didn't get to go out friday night.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rosenhaus*

But yeah, we get it. I didn't know he had gotten offered Fitzgerald money, though. By "his" contract, do you mean the one he got his rookie year, or the 4/40 one he recently signed?

And i knew Warner had gotten into it with Haley as well, but Warner didn't storm off the stadium like a little girl who didn't get to go out friday night.

It was the 4/40 one, at the time he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but Fitz has surpassed him in ability and is younger, and I feel he still thinks he is worth that kind of money when realistically he only has 2 or 3 years left in his prime

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Boldin HATES Arizona, he has suffered quietly there all year long. I guess he just reached his breaking point at a poor time.

It's been common knowledge that Boldin has wanted out of Arizona since the offseason because Arizona didn't make good on a promise to pay the man what he is worth.
suffered? lol can't be that bad hes making millions of dollars and playing the game he loves. I wouldn't call that suffering.

Suffering is when you're standing on the street squeeeeeeeeeee geeing windows for dimes.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin is competitive, he believed him being in the game gave his team the best chance to win. He got mad when he wasn't allowed to play in what was the biggest drive of his career. Anyone who has played sports on a competitive level knows that feeling. I would have gotten pissed off too. When you KNOW you will help the team, but you aren't in the game, you have to get pissed. That competitive fire is what drives athletes. If Boldin didn't have that fire, he wouldn't be a Pro Bowl receiver. That is what it boils down to. Anyone who is blowing this out of proportion has obviously never played sports at a competitive level.

Things like this happen all the time, they happen on every level of football. It is expected. The team doesn't give a damn about it, because they have experienced it many times before. The media, and fans who do not understand team dynamics are the only ones give a damn.

TO was a problem because he divided the team. Everywhere he went he made it TO vs Garcia or McNabb or Romo. The teammates were forced to pick sides. Boldin isn't doing that. His "no comment"? That was the correct move, it doesn't give the media anything to latch on to. Would you rather have had him pull a TO and ***** and moan about everything to the media? It was obvious he was upset, he made the mature decision and kept it in house.

Now can we please get over this, it is an absolutely minuscule problem.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
suffered? lol can't be that bad hes making millions of dollars and playing the game he loves. I wouldn't call that suffering.

Suffering is when you're standing on the street squeeeeeeeeeee geeing windows for dimes.
There is a huge difference between high school football and college football. There is an even bigger difference between college football and the NFL. The NFL is no longer a game, it is a job. In high school you spend 15 hours a week practicing and watching film and weight lifting is optional. In college you spend 15 hours a week in practice, and another 10-15 hours in meetings. Then you have "optional" weight lifting and "optional" film time. By the end of the week you have probably 40-45 hours of football. I can't even imagine how much more there is in the NFL. No matter how much you love the game, you are going to get burned out on it.

Now add in the fact that professional football players have much shorter lifespans, and much higher instances of hip or knee replacements, and constant pain and you will see that it isn't all roses. If you are in a place you can't stand it would be terrible.

Granted it isn't third world suffering, but there are different degrees of suffering.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand the cost but the Plax situation has shown how over the long run a true number really affects our effectiveness on offense. We need that threat even if it's under-used. Which is why I'd like to see us trade for a vet who could come in and fill that role for 4 years while we develop someone to take over for him at that time. Of course this depends on how much Arizona wants for him, but if it's a reasonable price I would love to a fighter like him to our team. With Boldin in the fold we could calmly cut plax and have more freedom in the draft, before grabbing someone like Ramses Barden to develop for when Boldin slows down. I just feel like for the next 2 years Boldin is the best WR on the trade or FA market and after those two years we're looking at the later half of his contract and hopefully our young talent has progressed enough by then to ease his decline, although I don't expect him to really decline for another 4-5 years and by then he'll be a fan favorite.

This isn't really a Reese move but that doesn't mean I don't think he would pull the trigger or that it would work out. I guess it all depends on Plax and whether he's back or not but if he's not I like this option more than braylon Edwards who drops more balls than Shockey at his peak.

Plax has worked out well and he's been great for this team during his time here. We have a very team oriented group of guys here so one dissenting opinion really doesn't cause a problem. I think Plax has been similar to Randy Moss in NE where because everyone else is so focused on the team and winning it just rubs off on Randy enough to prevent him from becoming a problem. And I see the same thing with Boldin, plus boldin isn't on plax's level of stupid and won't shoot himself.

But the win didn't occur in a vacuum, it's been a season long thing where he's put his health at risk for them and been a real trooper, I mean back two weeks after that brutal hit?, and what does that get him? Not even getting to be out there to help his team win the biggest game of his career when for as long as he's been there he's been one of the go to guys. I dunno I understand why he feels disrespected and why he feels the Cards are already starting to move on from him. I'd like to see him be a better man but depending on the situation behind closed doors I can at least understand why he's acting the way he is and see myself acting similar under certain conditions.

And he's been a big time leader for that team which has been really crucial to fitzy's development because Boldin took the responsibility on himself and was a vocal guy for them, letting fitzy work on fitzy and not have to worry about keeping the lockerroom together.
Yeah but our offense isn't close to the offense they run in Arizona. We are not a vertical stretch offense. We have have the same concepts they use, but rarely use them. Trading for Boldin, then signing him would be a waste because we are not utilizing him in the same way they do there, especially with our offensive coordinator Kildrive.

We are a running team, which uses short to intermediate routes, and stretch the field horizontally. Yeah we take shots occasionally downfield, but we seemed to change things the week before our regular season Pats game. Getting Boldin at his age doesn't make sense.

Now if Edwards wants out of Cleveland, I'd rather trade for him instead. I believe he is 26. That's a big IF, if we were to trade for someone. But I'd rather use our 9 picks so far, and additional comp picks later on to re-tool via the draft.

I think we lack creativity on offense. Also, we have to see what the coaches think on Moss and Manningham, especially Manningham. He is the wildcard in all this.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

He's a WIDE RECEIVER.

And that outburst WILL be talked about many times over the next 2 weeks OUTSIDE of this forum, so someone447, are you going to tell Fox and ESPN and Sports Illustrated and the Arizona Republic to "please not bring it up again"?
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
He's a WIDE RECEIVER.

And that outburst WILL be talked about many times over the next 2 weeks OUTSIDE of this forum, so someone447, are you going to tell Fox and ESPN and Sports Illustrated and the Arizona Republic to "please not bring it up again"?
I would like nothing more than the media to not bring it up again. It is a non-issue. The media's job is to report, it is not their job to make the news. This is not news, this is what happens all over the country in every sport on every level of competition. But as long as people tune in and pay attention to this drivel, they will continue to "report" on it.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I would like nothing more than the media to not bring it up again. It is a non-issue. The media's job is to report, it is not their job to make the news. This is not news, this is what happens all over the country in every sport on every level of competition. But as long as people tune in and pay attention to this drivel, they will continue to "report" on it.
Anquan's entire situation with Arizona is an issue, it's been an issue for Boldin all season frankly and will probably be an issue in the off-season...Him arguing with his O-coordinator is not a big deal, but this entire ordeal has been a "situation" for some time now and it's obvious Anquan isn't happy there.

Between trade demands, and contract negotiations, and playing time, something is going to have to get worked out soon otherwise this will continue to be a problem for one side or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Well, apparently there are others who think it's an issue:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=3843834

Quote:
"I was not given any explanation why I was taken out," Boldin said Monday, during an interview on ESPN's NFL Live, when asked what led to the sideline confrontation. "Like any competitor I wanted to know why."
Quote:
Once the game ended, the two-time Pro Bowl selection left the field quickly without celebrating. According to one postgame account, which he disputed, Boldin was seen leaving the locker room via a back door.

"I didn't leave through a back door. I tried to get in and out as quickly as possible to beat the media," he said. "I didn't want the story line to be me and Todd getting into it."
But maybe it's been calmed down by the fellas:
Quote:
"Just the emotions of the game," he said. "We're emotional guys. Like I said, I wear my heart on my sleeve and that's the way I go about business and I have to deal with that on a full-time basis."
Quote:
But Boldin's relationship with the team has been more contentious, stemming from a contract dispute.

Boldin even requested a trade in August, saying he didn't feel his situation could be resolved and declaring he has no relationship with coach Ken Whisenhunt.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote