Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nooooooooooooooo... He's nott

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Yeah but our offense isn't close to the offense they run in Arizona. We are not a vertical stretch offense. We have have the same concepts they use, but rarely use them. Trading for Boldin, then signing him would be a waste because we are not utilizing him in the same way they do there, especially with our offensive coordinator Kildrive.

We are a running team, which uses short to intermediate routes, and stretch the field horizontally. Yeah we take shots occasionally downfield, but we seemed to change things the week before our regular season Pats game. Getting Boldin at his age doesn't make sense.

Now if Edwards wants out of Cleveland, I'd rather trade for him instead. I believe he is 26. That's a big IF, if we were to trade for someone. But I'd rather use our 9 picks so far, and additional comp picks later on to re-tool via the draft.

I think we lack creativity on offense. Also, we have to see what the coaches think on Moss and Manningham, especially Manningham. He is the wildcard in all this.
I think boldin would be the best fit for us since he isn't a deep threat he's just strong and tough WR who fights for the ball and fights for yards after the catch. I really think he's a great fit for Kildrive's scheme and still has 4-5 elite years left. Plus he's a guy like BJ who will wear teams down and energize our offense.

Braylon is really intriguing but he's much more of a deep threat and much less consistent which worries me more than the 3 year age difference Because he'll end up like Shockey, misused and drops galore because he's too busy thinking about making a big play.

I think Mario is a number 4 at best next season unlessthey move smith out of the slot.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
Well, apparently there are others who think it's an issue:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=3843834

But maybe it's been calmed down by the fellas:
Like I have been saying, the team thinks its a non-issue. The media is making it an issue. Thats all there is to it.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Arizona trades Boldin they will want to ship him to the AFC. It looks like they will win the West for years to come and compete for the SuperBowl. They won't want to greatly improve the Giants or Ealges's passing offense and face him in the playoffs.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like everyone gets into it with Todd Haley.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't a big deal. People are too oversensitive and hold athletes to unrealistic standards these days.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said he is committed to the team, thats all I needed to hear. This is a non story now.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
It seems like everyone gets into it with Todd Haley.
Exactly, this isn't new, Haley is a Parcell's guy and doesn't take **** from his players, and of course players don't want to take **** from thiere coach so they argue a lot. As I said earlier the only thing concerning is that he walked out on the celebration

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Exactly, this isn't new, Haley is a Parcell's guy and doesn't take **** from his players, and of course players don't want to take **** from thiere coach so they argue a lot. As I said earlier the only thing concerning is that he walked out on the celebration
I love that him and Warner get into it atleast once a game.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

Funny, problem is Fitz is Mozart and Boldin is Salieri.

You don't think Boldin is burning up seeing Fitz becoming an immortal and he is rolling around on bad wheels.
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
As I said earlier the only thing concerning is that he walked out on the celebration
THE GAME WAS OVER! THERE IS NOTHING CONCERNING ABOUT IT! HE DIDN'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THE MEDIA, BECAUSE HE KNEW THEY WOULD BLOW IT OUT OF PROPORTION.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:21 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
THE GAME WAS OVER! THERE IS NOTHING CONCERNING ABOUT IT! HE DIDN'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THE MEDIA, BECAUSE HE KNEW THEY WOULD BLOW IT OUT OF PROPORTION.
Ya, I completely understand his reasoning and all, the media is blowing it out of proportion any way, and this kind of stuff has helped us through the playoffs, Q is going to show up on the biggest stage, you can guarantee that.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who thinks the NFCCG isn't worth celebrating is just wrong. (They goin' to the ship/state, dad!) This doesn't really have anything to do with Boldin, but to say, "Its only the NFCCG" is just stupid. Its the second biggest game of the year for the league along with the AFCCG and is certainly worth celebrating. I don't fault Boldin for not celebrating at all, but its certainly something worth celebrating and getting emotional over, Boldin's emotional response was different than most of the players on the team because of a combination of things during the game. Its definitely a big game though and to say, "Its not like its the Super Bowl" you might as well say nothing in football is worth celebrating other than the Super Bowl. Thats ******* depressing if you are the 1500 other players in the league who don't get that opportunity. Every victory in life is worth celebrating and if you don't get stoked over winning anything other than the championship, you are one flat lined ************ or you haven't won anything in your life.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
well i certainly wouldn't want to depress any of the 1500 players in the nfl who now think that winning a regular season game doesn't matter. but hey, i'd be curious if any nfl player would ever tell you that what they really remember from their career was that CCG win or if it was the super bowl (win or loss). the CCG game is a stepping stone, plain and simple, and once you've won, it doesn't matter to anyone but the fans.

but thanks for the personal attack and the ludicrous assumption about my personal life. i'm sure they're really well founded and you have a lot of supporting evidence for such a moronic claim.
Thats pretty obvious dude... I was just watching that NFL Films episode of that Bengals player who broke his leg and how he'd give 6 years and breaking his leg just to play in the super bowl. I'm not arguing that, but you can't even get that far without winning the NFCCG. I think winning the NFCCG to put you in a position to play in the Super Bowl is worth celebrating. I'm not saying they will look back on their career and say, "**** YEAH I PLAYED IN AN NFCCG," but right after you win it, you are going to be emotional just thinking that you have the opportunity to play for the Super Bowl.

Thanks for assuming my goal through all of this is to personally attack a poster on this forum. I clearly directed that entire post at you

You're not the only person who think that way you know...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
be honest, it's not like it would be any more unwatchable than it is now. ESPN is to sports what MTV is to music.
A buddy of mine has digital cable, and I discovered the ESPNews channel. I highly recommend it, it's what ESPN should be. Looks more like a stock show with tickers going in every direction, but it's all information. Chris Mortenson is nowhere to be seen. T.O. is nowhere to be seen. It's beautiful.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i watch it often when ncaa scores/highlights are rolling in.

but i've been absolutely boycotting sportscenter for the last two years and have recently added anything but the actual games. i've been tempted to begin writing to the advertisers during sportscenter to let them know i will not be buying the products they sell until they stop giving ESPN money, but i think i need a following before that would be effective.
Your ideas intrigue me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Your ideas intrigue me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.
The Simpsons FTW.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love njx9 so much

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of OT but I think we've beaten this horse to death already anyway...

Thinking about potential destinations for Boldin today...

Of teams needing a WR, Miami seems perfect.

-Accurate QB- Boldin's not a deep threat so Pennington's pop-gun arm wouldn't hurt him much.

-Perfect compliment to Ginn.

-He's from Florida.

-Miami has two second rounders which means they might not be that reluctant to deal one of their top three picks.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Kind of OT but I think we've beaten this horse to death already anyway...

Thinking about potential destinations for Boldin today...

Of teams needing a WR, New York seems perfect.

-Horizontal Passing game- Boldin's not a deep threat so Killdrive's ******** anti-hufnagel we don't go deep scheme wouldn't hurt him much.

-Perfect compliment to that running game.

-New York has two second rounders which means they might not be that reluctant to deal one of their top three picks.
I agree with this line of thought.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
dhp318
Rookie

dhp318 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

character problems? Anquan is the exact opposite. He works his hardest and has incredible work ethic and is a good locker room presence. He's a hard nose guy and I'll take him on my team any day.
dhp318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp318 View Post
character problems? Anquan is the exact opposite. He works his hardest and has incredible work ethic and is a good locker room presence. He's a hard nose guy and I'll take him on my team any day.
I wonder how hard his nose is lately. Ziiiiing.

Seriously though give the guy a break, his face got destroyed and he was back in 2 weeks, and now he's in the Super Bowl.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This might be the dumbest thread in the history of NFLDC.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
That sir, is a bold statement.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
clearly you haven't seen some people here's finest work.....sad but true.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote