Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fitz, Andre, Moss, Steve Smith, Calvin

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Moss disappeared way too much last year to have him be in my top five right now. He can't complain about quarterback play, because i'm sure Calvin Johnson would have loved to play with Matt Cassell.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Andre Johnson
3. Anquan Boldin
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Randy Moss
6. Steve Smith
7. Reggie Wayne
8. Roddy White
9. Greg Jennings
10. Plaxico Burress

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I'm sorry Plax was overrated in Pittsburgh and in NY.

Million dollar skills 10 cent brain.

Guy could make plays but he is by far the definition of inconsistency. Though Eli Manning needs him way more than Roeth ever did though.

Just to piss Metsox17 off:

I bet in 2-3 years Limas Sweed will be on this list.
Plax is a dumbass, but he's really done well to shake that inconsistency of late. He's still ******** but he's become a true top end WR, not in my top 5 only because AJ, Fitzy, Moss, White, smith and megatron are such studs.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. a Larry Fitzgerald
1. b Andre Johnson
3. Steve Smith
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Randy Moss
6. Anquan Boldin
7. Roddy White
8. Reggie Wayne
9. Brandon Marshall
10. Greg Jennings

I like that list a lot.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Fitz, Andre, Moss, Steve Smith, Calvin
I really think these 5 may be it, in whatever order you want. I can definitely see an argument for Boldin, but these 5 scream Top 5 to me.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Randy Moss disappeared way too much last year to have him be in my top five right now. He can't complain about quarterback play, because i'm sure Calvin Johnson would have loved to play with Matt Cassell.
That's why I just can't put him into a top 5 over Boldin or Calvin Johnson...Randy performs like one of the best when he has the proper pieces around him, but when he had no supporting cast he disappeared, what Calvin did this year 78/1300/12 with no line, QB or threat opposite him is mighty impressive.

That and Randy still won't go over the middle for the tough catch, and he's not as complete as a Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson, never has been, his talent can't be denied but i wouldn't put him as a top 5 WR right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Fitzgerald / Smith
3. Moss
4. Johnson
5. C. Johnson

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss put up over 1,000 yards and 11 tds with a no name QB this year...

How people forget so fast...
Old 01-19-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Moss put up over 1,000 yards and 11 tds with a no name QB this year...

How people forget so fast...
Calvin Johnson was better in every statistical receiving category with FIVE different no names at QB
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

1.) Larry Fitz
2.) Andre Johnson
3.) Calvin Johnson
4.) Steve Smith
5.) Anquan Boldin
i agree with that list, but could go either way on 5 between Quan and Reggie Wayne
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
i agree with that list, but could go either way on 5 between Quan and Reggie Wayne
Depends on if it's ranked in a particuliar order or not, I like Calvin alot but he has to do it a few more years before I put him above Steve Smith's level...Physically he can do the same things on the list as guys twice his size which makes it all the more impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Depends on if it's ranked in a particuliar order or not, I like Calvin alot but he has to do it a few more years before I put him above Steve Smith's level...Physically he can do the same things on the list as guys twice his size which makes it all the more impressive.
yeah ive always been amazed with Steve Smith, i didnt really notice that he had Calvin above Smith, so i guess i would have to say id go with Calvin at 4 and Smith at 3. But i think all those guys are in the top tier.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top ten wide receivers: Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Top twenty wide receivers: Lee Evans, Wes Welker, Jerricho Cotchery, Chad Ocho Cinco, Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Roy Williams, Greg Jennings, Bernard Berrian, Roddy White
Old 01-19-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Plaxico in a top 5 whaaaaaat?
Repeat what this guy said many many times.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Top ten wide receivers: Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Top twenty wide receivers: Lee Evans, Wes Welker, Jerricho Cotchery, Chad Ocho Cinco, Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Roy Williams, Greg Jennings, Bernard Berrian, Roddy White
Really? Plax not even top 20? I am sure he'd be in over Berrian and Cotchery, the rest is pretty debatable but still.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post

Marques Colston > quite a few of the guys you mentioned.

If he'd have been healthy for the first half of the season, we'd be talking about him being one of the best with the numbers he could have put up in that pass offense.

As for the best... for me, it's too close to call between Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, and Andre Johnson. I'd probably lean towards Andre if I was forced to choose one.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
Calvin Johnson was better in every statistical receiving category with FIVE different no names at QB
Yeah and how many other good targets do the Lions have to throw to?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Yeah and how many other good targets do the Lions have to throw to?
Dude, that makes Calvin's success even that much more impressive...
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Andre Johnson
3. Randy Moss
4. Reggie Wayne
5A. Calvin Johnson
5B. Roddy White
5C. Steve Smith
Old 01-19-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone think DeSean Jackson has Steve Smith-Like potential? Before the draft people were saying he wouldn't be half the receiver Smith is but after DeSean's rookie season I think it's possible. If he can put on some muscle he can be a top 10 receiver IMO. [/homer]
Old 01-19-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Really? Plax not even top 20? I am sure he'd be in over Berrian and Cotchery, the rest is pretty debatable but still.
Donald Driver?
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Does anyone think DeSean Jackson has Steve Smith-Like potential? Before the draft people were saying he wouldn't be half the receiver Smith is but after DeSean's rookie season I think it's possible. If he can put on some muscle he can be a top 10 receiver IMO. [/homer]
I don't care how much lb's Jackson packs, he'll never be able to match what Steve Smith has inside, and ultimately, that's what i feel makes Smith one of the best in the game.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Quick top 5

1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Andre Johnson
3. Steve Smith
4. Anquan Boldin
5. Calvin Johnson

I'd probably need to make a top 10 because a top 5 leaves out too many talented guys...Moss doesn't make my top 5 because although he is probably the or one of the greatest deep threats ever, he's not as complete a WR as some of these other guys, he's just an incredible deep threat and that's not a knock, just never viewed him as a complete dominant WR in every aspect.
Not to sound like a nut hugger but thats like saying Shaq wasn't the most dominant center of his era because he couldn't shoot and wasn't "complete".
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
CJ doesn't have safeties helping out the corner 90% of the time.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote