Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Simple - if Bulger's as bad as you think he is, they'll probably have a shot next season. Besides, let's not pretend that the Rams have to have a top five pick in order to have a chance at a quality signal caller.
Of coarse, I know that, but from the past 3 Super Bowl winners I have seen prototype signal callers all drafted in the top half of the 1rst round. Rothlisberger, Manning and Manning. I have seen Donovan McNabb become one of the most copnsistent QBs of the last decade who was also a top end draft pick. I watch Carson Palmer and I absolutely foam at the mout cause I can't believe such a talent got stuc in on eof the worst positions in the NFL, playing QB for the Bengals. I see Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan and Jay Cutoler bring in a new era of young talented QB's. I've seen the awesome success of Steve McNair and I want in on that action.

Don't get me wrong, if a Tom Brady falls in the laps of the Rams then who am I to argue. But the odds of that happening are slim to nill. And the odds of the Rams striking it big with a high profile pick are much greater. There are no QBs in this draft after Sanchez or Stafford. I don't care about Freeman, Davis, Bomar, Harrell, Painter etc. They don't impress me at all, I mean at all. They don't even sniff the sbility of the top 2 guys, so I want no part of them. I want Sanchez or Stafford and just bring in the new Rams era of Stafford or Sanchez at the helm.

When I see the top squads in the NFL a lot, not all, but a lot are being lead by a first rounder that looks the part, acts the part and most importantly plays the part. It made me sick that the Rams passed on Matt Ryan, absolutely sick. I loved Ryan and I couldn't believe that the Rams, who NEED a real leader, a born leader at the helm passed on Matty Ice. It made me ill.

But then, in 2006, they actually ****** up more after I began to think about it. Linehan never liked Bulger, so why not take the bull by the horns so to speak and draft Cutler? The more I thought about it, the more it made me sick. Linehan hated Bulger, but it took a year for him to figure it out. I just wished he had figured it out before he started coaching the Rams so that Cutler or Ryan would be our QB and not "Block Head".
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
I watch Carson Palmer and I absolutely foam at the mout cause I can't believe such a talent got stuc in on eof the worst positions in the NFL, playing QB for the Bengals.
I don't know that many right now would view the Rams as a great position to be in right now, either.

Palmer is a great example of a QB not being able to do it all by himself. For all of his talent and leadership, he's 32-29 as a starter with only one playoff appearance. Drafting a QB at the top of the first round isn't going to simply solve all of the Rams' problems, because there are A LOT of problems that need to be addressed.

You can keep repeating that you want Sanchez or Stafford on the Rams so they can start a new era of Rams football, but that desire alone doesn't address the legitimate issues that I pointed out earlier as to why the Rams aren't going to be taking a QB this year.

Oh, and if you honestly couldn't believe that the Rams passed on Matt Ryan, I don't know what to tell you. It's pretty obvious why the Rams passed on Matt Ryan - it's called a franchise record contract, and it was given to Bulger less than two years before Ryan was drafted. There was no chance the Rams spend last year's second overall pick on a QB after signing Bulger to that deal.

No offense, but you don't seem to give much heed to the salary cap and the consequences of signing and terminating large contracts, based on some of these comments.

Last edited by NGSeiler : 01-29-2009 at 03:38 PM.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote