Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-20-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
TheDoctor8
Rookie

TheDoctor8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TheDoctor8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Does McShay have something against Stafford?

When it was Bradford possibly entering the draft McShay had him in front of Stafford. Now it is Sanchez. I think Todd has a personal vendetta against him!
TheDoctor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McShay is a douche. I wouldnt lose any sleep over it.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really wouldn't worry about it of all the "experts" he has the worst information.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone knows that Kiper is in love with Stafford and has been since he was in high school. So Mcshay is just saying something diffrent so him and Kiper can have something to argue about for the next 4 months. If I remember correctly he had Brian Brohm (maybe it was flacco) as his top rated QB last year over Ryan. I find it it's laughable that after Bradford changes his mind he now thinks Sanchez is the best QB. When you auctally look at this grades he had all 3 QB's rated within 1 point of each other. This way if Stafford is a bust he will say I told you so. If he is a success he will saying I had Stafford with a 97 rating out of 100. It's all for TV. I doubt any real scout would take a 1 year starter on a loaded team agianst weak competiton with character issues #1 overall.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiper, Wright and Mayock all rate Stafford the #1 QB prospect in the draft. They rule and Mcshay sucks untill he changes his opinion to my liking.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Everyone knows that Kiper is in love with Stafford and has been since he was in high school. So Mcshay is just saying something diffrent so him and Kiper can have something to argue about for the next 4 months. If I remember correctly he had Brian Brohm (maybe it was flacco) as his top rated QB last year over Ryan. I find it it's laughable that after Bradford changes his mind he now thinks Sanchez is the best QB. When you auctally look at this grades he had all 3 QB's rated within 1 point of each other. This way if Stafford is a bust he will say I told you so. If he is a success he will saying I had Stafford with a 97 rating out of 100.
McShay was clearly saying Ryan was the top QB by draft time last year. Ryan had become the consensus #1 QB prospect in the draft well before draft day.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put no stock in McShay's opinion.

I dislike Kiper as an ESPN personality, but I trust his judgment infinitely more than McShay.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Kiper, Wright and Mayock all rate Stafford the #1 QB prospect in the draft. They rule and Mcshay sucks untill he changes his opinion to my liking.
Mayock doesn't think Stafford or Sanchez are worth Top 10 picks, though.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Mayock doesn't think Stafford or Sanchez are worth Top 10 picks, though.
I don't think Mayock is worth a top 10 draft analyst selection.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McShay has something against common logic.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mcshay needs to shut his mouth because he is calling raji a potential top 5 pick regardless of position in this draft. i want to be able to draft him...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
mcshay needs to shut his mouth because he is calling raji a potential top 5 pick regardless of position in this draft. i want to be able to draft him...
What about #1?!?!?!?!?!? :0
Old 01-21-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want stafford too...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-21-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Nick (Kalamazoo, Mi): Mel- I've seen a lot of scouts rate Sanchez equal to or better than Stafford, would you agree with this? Should the Lions be considering Sanchez instead of Stafford at the top spot?

Mel Kiper: You consider everybody. You evaluate all the QBs. You evaluate Josh Freeman. If he's intriguing, you might consider him with your second first round pick. Detroit has to evaluate everybody and see what direction they want to go. I would say right now, I have Stafford slightly ahead of Sanchez. Both are deserving of being No. 1 or No. 3 overall. I don't see how you can have Stafford or Sanchez any worse than the top 5 or 7 players in the draft.
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=24669
Old 01-21-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Geason Noceur
Rookie

Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.

McShay is fixated with Stafford's decision making. He fails to take into account the fact that Stafford has played behind freshmen-laden lines the last two years. He's never had the luxury of playing behind a dominant O-line like Oklahoma's or SC's that gives a QB all day to throw. No team in the country had more than one true freshmen on the offensive line except Georgia, who had three freshmen on the line. Two true, one redshirt. He also had a fourth-string LF protecting his blindside. Stafford has had much less time to make decisions and get rid of the ball than any other QB in the country. Do you ever see Stafford make a five-step drops? I didn't think so. His line just can't provide adequate pass protection on a consistent basis. When he does get good protection you can see how incredibily effective he can be.
Geason Noceur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Mayock doesn't consider Stafford or Sanchez worth top 10 picks because they are underclassman who he thinks will not be ready to start as rookies. He thinks top 10 picks should be ready to play as rookies. To me, if a team needs a QB, it's worth to let the QB ride the bench for a season or more if necessary. Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers, Chad Pennington and many other good QB's didn't start as rookies.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
TheDoctor8
Rookie

TheDoctor8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TheDoctor8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Mayock doesn't consider Stafford or Sanchez worth top 10 picks because they are underclassman who he thinks will not be ready to start as rookies. He thinks top 10 picks should be ready to play as rookies. To me, if a team needs a QB, it's worth to let the QB ride the bench for a season or more if necessary. Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers, Chad Pennington and many other good QB's didn't start as rookies.
Peyton Manning started day one for the Colts. Ben Roethelisberger was starting for the Steelers by Week 3. Flacco, Ryan, Dan Marino, Troy Aikman. These guys all started right away and had success or went on to have HOF careers.

I think it depends primarily on the person. Stafford has that toughness to come in and deal with failure. He played behind a very inexperienced O-Line, in the toughest defensive conference in the country. This guy has been coached up and has as much talent as any quarterback to enter the draft.

My opinion on QB's staying is why would you have them stay in college and continue being coached by these college guys. Stafford had an advantage in being coached by Richt, someone who specializes in that. What about someone like Josh Freeman? If he stays at K-State, who is the one coaching him? Why not come to the NFL and get coached by a guy who is a quarterback specialist?
TheDoctor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor8 View Post
Peyton Manning started day one for the Colts. Ben Roethelisberger was starting for the Steelers by Week 3. Flacco, Ryan, Dan Marino, Troy Aikman. These guys all started right away and had success or went on to have HOF careers.
All of those guys expect Roethlisberger were seniors, I believe.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

well they are teaching algebra to 3rd graders now...so maybe its progress

Prowler's Newb Guide