Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone please answer me how Chad Pennington comes in 2nd place in MVP voting and doesn't make the Pro Bowl? And even after one QB is injured and another opts out?

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What the hell were the voters thinking? I mean seriously, it's one thing to get completely disregarded in the MVP voting, but just when you think you might get at least SOME recognition, Philip Rivers gets shafted by the fans (and everyone else, for that matter), and Kerry Collins gets to hang out with the rest of the all-stars. What a joke.

Edit- Didn't read that Rivers didn't want to go. Oh well. I got mad anyway. Give me Cassell, or Cutler please.
Cutler is kind of in it already.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No he didn't. He was mediocre to slightly above average, and that's all they really needed with what they had around him.
You can't tell me that Collins play wasn't a big factor in them winning this year. With VY in there they don't make the playoffs. I said his stats we're not very good, but he played well given that he was thrown in with no arsenal to throw to. Rivers is more deserving and so is Cassell, but you can't say Collins did not have a big part in there success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am waiting for someone from the NFC to drop out so first alt Matt Ryan can go :)

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
narf029
Rookie

narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack27 View Post
You can't tell me that Collins play wasn't a big factor in them winning this year. With VY in there they don't make the playoffs.
I struggle to believe Young could possibly have been that much worse this year than he was last year, and they made the playoffs last year with him.

Collins had a year where he successfully avoided single-handedly killing a playoff team. This should be awarded with a nice, firm handshake from Jeff Fisher. Not a trip to the pro bowl.
narf029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narf029 View Post
I struggle to believe Young could possibly have been that much worse this year than he was last year, and they made the playoffs last year with him.

Collins had a year where he successfully avoided single-handedly killing a playoff team. This should be awarded with a nice, firm handshake from Jeff Fisher. Not a trip to the pro bowl.
O i don't think it should either, I don't think it's the end of the world though like some are suggesting. Rivers declined, so honestly yea Cassel had a good year stat wise but Collins did a good job filling in when it was basically VYs team and the Titans ended up with HFA. Now true he was more of a game manager. But in a few crucial games Collins made the big plays to get the Titans big victories. That doesn't make him a pro bowler, but I don't tink this is awful. It may have been overzealous to say they wouldn't have made the playoffs, but they would not have won the division IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:52 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought the Pro-Bowl actually meant something. Who really cares if Kerry Collins, Chad Pennington, or J.P. Losman is in the damn game?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:09 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers doesn't want to go hang out with Cutler.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Well thats easy, have them play it in the nude, or nearly nude. Can't make the pro bowl like that. I do not want to see Pat Williams nude. The pro bowl just sucks.
Guessing you haven't seen many female rugby players then. Most look something similar to Pat Williams :P
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBlane View Post
Cassell should have been in over Kerry for sure.... Kerry Collins, worst Pro Bowl QB ever? No offense to Kerry, he's a serviceable QB, but not a pro bowl type guy.
That would go to Vince Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I am waiting for someone from the NFC to drop out so first alt Matt Ryan can go :)
Nah, he'll be there the next ten years.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:27 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Nah, he'll be there the next ten years.
Definitely agree about Ryan. As a fellow NFC South fan, I am scared of defending the guy the next 10 years.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:27 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
That's kinda depressing Oz...
Actually it is 3! 3 Titans QB's in the probowl since the 2005-2006 season. McNair also came in as a alternate his last season as a Titan. Although he brings the aforementioned minimum figures up a tad - over 3k yards and 16 td's.

Still though, 3 different Titans QB's in the past 4 pro bows pretty much epitomizes the pro bowl :P
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****, Ronde Barber made the probowl. HOLY ****

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And people blame the Fans for terrible Pro Bowl Selections.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I hear (I don't watch hockey) the voting for the pro bowl in A LOT better than the NHL all star game.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
narf029
Rookie

narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
From what I hear (I don't watch hockey) the voting for the pro bowl in A LOT better than the NHL all star game.
That's because only a couple cities in America actually give a **** about hockey, so those teams have like 6 guys starting. It's like baseball when the starting lineup for the AL has 8 Yankees and Red Sox. The pro bowl is so bad because nobody wants to go. If I remember correctly Vince Young was the 3rd alternate. When you get down to the 6th QB in a league you're trying to pick through mediocrity just to fill out a roster.
narf029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan
Still though, 3 different Titans QB's in the past 4 pro bows pretty much epitomizes the pro bowl :P
From Air McNair, to inVincible, to KFC... Oh how the mighty have fallen... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack27
You can't tell me that Collins play wasn't a big factor in them winning this year. With VY in there they don't make the playoffs. I said his stats we're not very good, but he played well given that he was thrown in with no arsenal to throw to. Rivers is more deserving and so is Cassell, but you can't say Collins did not have a big part in there success.
Collins did what any good backup QB does when he gets his name called. That's as far as that should go in regard to his performance. He came through with a needed play once in a while, but he wasn't the savior by any means

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote