Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-21-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Clint Sintim

I know most of the guys on here are big Sintim fans and would be thrilled to have him be picked up by the Pats with our first round pick. Apparently, he has been sucking big time at the Senior Bowl, do you still think he is worth a first round pick? Do you think the Pats would still pick him if his value is plummeting? Maybe he will be available in the second...

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he's there in the 2nd (our first 2nd) I would be screaming if we didn't jump on him fast...lol, that card would have to be up there in 10sec
Old 01-21-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sintim has everything we look for in a linebacker; he is big, athletic, great at getting to the QB, tough, and instinctive. He could play outside as well as inside in our scheme and that versatility would be extremely valuable, but I've heard he has been underperforming in Mobile as well. We shouldn't write him off but we should definitely keep an eye on his showing at the Senior Bowl, I still like him with our first rounder. We'll see.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Cronin
Rookie

Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, after hearing about his under-performance at the Senior Bowl, it seems even more likely that he could drop to the 2nd round, and hopefully be there when our picks up!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok so if he drops into the second.... who do the patriots pick? one of the corners, mooore, smith, or what you guys thinking?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alphonso Smith...screams patriots to me, and i love him as a prospect. Although Moore would have to get a hard look there as we could use a safety badly (but I doubt with such a weak safety class that he falls to us).
Old 01-22-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
hannah73
Rookie

hannah73 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There was a LB from Virginia not too long ago who was supposed to be a high pick ended up undrafted.

I'm just saying, guys who are seemingly productive on the field can for some reason drop quite a bit. Not just a round or two.

Hard to fathom why, but you and I don't have the information GMs have.

There was a 1st round safety prospect named Brandon Browner who came out early, and ended up undrafted. Not saying Moore is like that but the stories about him not being that great in coverage....that's not too good for a safety.

Smith does seem like a better Ellis Hobbs...not sure if he's a 1st round pick or not.

I'd like to see them draft the TE from OKState. They need a TE who can block and catch the ball without looking like he's fighting it.

Maybe a DE/DL somewhere but I don't know who'd be best a 3-4 end. Maybe they can get one or train one cheap, later in teh draft.

I think BB said that Oscar Lua not starting his senior year wasn't necessarily negative of him b/c he was probably behind "one of the best LBs in teh country (Mauluga)". Maulaga seems to have dropped a bit though.
hannah73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say we still grab him with the first pick... I think if we have the chance to get him
we do it on our first opportunity.
I'm actually glad to hear that he may not be livin up to his hype...
'cause right now he'll ideally drop to us... but with good workouts his stock'll rise and then he'll get picked up before we ever have the chance.

It's not like we've never drafted someone in the 1st round that everyone else thought was a reach... i.e. Logan Mankins.

I say we work on our secondary and OL in the 2nd...
unless of course a "first-rounder" falls to us...
one of those... the value is too high for us NOT to take him.
I have no examples of WHO that could be but you know what I mean.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Safety, LB, OL or DT/E

Any will be fine by me. In Bill & Scott, er, just Bill we trust. :(

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if Sintims stock has dropped far enough that he may last to the second at our pick then we go either Alphonso Smith or Sean Smith. Sean Smith gives a bit of versatility on the back end and his draft stock could go up in the next few months
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
hannah73
Rookie

He's too sluggish in space. Reminds me a little bit of a poor man's Colvin who was a 5th round pick IIRC, although he was a steal obiously.

Just saying you can get these guys without spending a 1st round pick on them.

1st round picks are supposed to be elite, near can't miss, contribute almost immediately.

I think Alphonso Smith is who they'll pick. Him or Pettigrew TE from OK STate. He's a great blocker and can catch without fighting the ball like Watson.

They might pick longshot Percy Harvin from Fla.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
hannah73
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronin View Post
Yeah, after hearing about his under-performance at the Senior Bowl, it seems even more likely that he could drop to the 2nd round, and hopefully be there when our picks up!
Why would you want to pick him up at all if he's underperforming?

Maybe his big league potential is over stated. There have been tons of high college performers don't do as well in the NFL. Big fish, small pond so to speak in college.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah73 View Post
Why would you want to pick him up at all if he's underperforming?

Maybe his big league potential is over stated. There have been tons of high college performers don't do as well in the NFL. Big fish, small pond so to speak in college.
because one week in Mobile doesn't mean we have to ignore 4 years or so at a high level program in a BCS conference.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had pretty nice sack numbers rushing the QB this year but he's a stiff in space. With that 1st pick we (former season tkt holder) should target Percy Harvin up front and if he's gone go after Cushing/DJ Moore/Alphonso Smith.

By the way, what is the chance that Cassel gets traded before the draft seeing as Brady is projected to be ready by opening day?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My completely unsubstantiated hunch is that Cassel is going to be trade bait all the way, so he'll be dealt by/on draft day. We'll never get any reliable news until the Pats have gotten everything they want for the guy.

I think they'll be willing to rely on O'Connell for a few games if necessary.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
My completely unsubstantiated hunch is that Cassel is going to be trade bait all the way, so he'll be dealt by/on draft day. We'll never get any reliable news until the Pats have gotten everything they want for the guy.

I think they'll be willing to rely on O'Connell for a few games if necessary.

What's the going rate?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Probably a first and then maybe a conditional pick of some sort or a future pick, or a third rounder or something...he has way more NFL experience than Schaub ever did and look what the texans gave up for him.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
we are

Bump....

do you think if he falls to the late second round a team could draft him to play MLB?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

He would be very under-utilized at MLB. His best abilities are rushing the passer, OLB in a 3-4 is perfect for him...seeing as thats what he did in college.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:03 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darryl Blackstock, Kai Parham, and Ahmad Brooks all looked like great fits for the Patriots and the NFL when they came out...
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:19 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

But Sintim is actually good, or at least he is a much better prospect.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sintim is better than all of them. Better pass rusher, better all around game.

It doesn't matter much though, considering Matthews is blowing it up and is an even better fit for us :)

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sintim is one of my favorite players in this draft for the Pats, but I agree Matthews might be ahead of the rest. Also you have to believe the fact that Matthews was a standout on special teams gives him an extra star in Belichick's book. He loves those special teamers.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Sintim is better than all of them. Better pass rusher, better all around game.

It doesn't matter much though, considering Matthews is blowing it up and is an even better fit for us :)
He's not a better prospect than any of them. Definitely not a better pass rusher than Blackstock was, and Parham & Brooks were ILBs (was just making point about UVA LB's).
________
AlisiaZ cam

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:19 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He's not a better prospect than any of them.
Scouts and NFL teams would beg to differ. Sintim is being looked at in a different light than those guys.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote