Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona Mayor just signed his teams deathwish:

Quote:
This morning 1,800 Cardinals fans witnessed their Super Bowl-Bound team climbing into a plane and taking off for Tampa. Among those enjoying the festivities were Arizona Governor Jan Brewer, Glendale Mayor Elaine Scruggs, and Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon.

Check out the above video to see Mayor Gordon throw down a Pittsburgh Steelers "ugly" towel in disgust, give shout-outs to the Valley cities and brag about his Super Bowl bet with the mayor of Pittsburgh.
Teams that have disrespected the Towel? 0-2

(2005 Bengals... 2008 Titans).

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelerstahl goooo

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one hoping this ends in a tie in overtime? :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its gonna be a Steeler's home game over there. I wouldn't be surprised if 80% of that crowd is Steelers fans.

And amazing, 2 pages? Is it just me or does the buzz of this SB pale in comparison to last year's SB?
Old 01-27-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Whomecouldntbe

It's because no one likes the Steelers, and no one believes the Cardinals are really in the Superbowl.

This Superbowl will either end in rage or disbelief for 90% of football fans (outside of Steelers and Cardinals fans).
Old 01-27-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the matchup just doesn't have the sex appeal other matchups would have. and having no big market team i think hurt the buzz of this SB.

having that said, we'll all still watch it and love it. i just hope its entertaining, and not a blowout.

im pulling for the Cards, I think everyone who isn't a Steeler fan is, how can you not? But the Steelers have this in the bag. I see the Steelers winning it.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Whomecouldntbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
im pulling for the Cards, I think everyone who isn't a Steeler fan is, how can you not? But the Steelers have this in the bag. I see the Steelers winning it.
Thing is, every single game the Cards have played these playoffs, I've said the same thing. And they keep dominating.

But agreed, I see Pitt winning, even though I would much rather have Arizona win.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards Will Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa newspapers have been saying the place is crawling with steelers fans since the weekend. It's gonna look just like Detroit, hopefully with the same result.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Arizona Mayor just signed his teams deathwish:

Teams that have disrespected the Towel? 0-2

(2005 Bengals... 2008 Titans).
Do you count copying the towel or trying to drown it out with another wavable item as disrespect? Because the Jaguars specifically did that in 2006 and beat the Steelers by using white wiggle sticks to "drown out" the yellow towels. I've also seen other teams' fans do stuff like that with the Steelers in town.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamarr Woodley...3 sacks. Even with the quick throws. Mark it down :p
Old 01-27-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Do you count copying the towel or trying to drown it out with another wavable item as disrespect? Because the Jaguars specifically did that in 2006 and beat the Steelers by using white wiggle sticks to "drown out" the yellow towels. I've also seen other teams' fans do stuff like that with the Steelers in town.
I'm pretty sure he's only looking at teams that actually did something to the towel like when cincy and the titans stmped on them.

But it says alot for our fans that teams have to gameplan for them. I heard whiz had the cards practicing with full crowd noise expecting a steelers crowd.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I don't think he's gonna have a good day. He's gotta go against Levi brown and warner is pretty good at getting rid of the ball.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't he dominate Levi Brown in college?? Not saying this is college but Woodley is a beast, I see him getting atleast two. It is going to be fun to watch this game, I believe.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the Cards will throw more than 3 passes in the game, ;)

Quote:
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I don't think he's gonna have a good day. He's gotta go against Levi brown and warner is pretty good at getting rid of the ball.
Didn't Levi give up the most sacks of any tackle in the league this season? I read that I believe on FO.com

Quote:
Didn't he dominate Levi Brown in college?? Not saying this is college but Woodley is a beast, I see him getting atleast two. It is going to be fun to watch this game, I believe.
Levi was PSU's Left Tackle, Woodley was Michigans LDE or LOLB... they rarely, if ever, squared off.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
EDIT: Stiller has it right. They didn't go against each other. PSU tried blocking Woodley with Tony Hunt on one play. It resulted in a sack + FF. :D

Last edited by Sniper : 01-27-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Didn't Levi give up the most sacks of any tackle in the league this season? I read that I believe on FO.com

Levi was PSU's Left Tackle, Woodley was Michigans LDE or LOLB... they rarely, if ever, squared off.
I could be wrong cause I didnt get to see to many games of theirs, but Ive heard Brown has been great for them this year.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I could be wrong cause I didnt get to see to many games of theirs, but Ive heard Brown has been great for them this year.
I'll have to find the report. I just read somewhere that Levi Brown gave up the most sacks by a Tackle this season.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinal fans are calling the Cardinal reps stupid for doing what they did to the Terrible Towel. They said it is bad karma waiting to happen. At least they get the right idea.

I dont know why "Cardinal" fans are getting so ******* cocky about actually winning this season. I wished that division didn't suck so bad, because they would be at home watching the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Cardinals, but not when another team plays the Steelers.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

My favorite part is that fan base didn't even exist until a week ago. Now even my browns fan roommate has been a cardinals fan for years.

They couldn't sell out their first game and the nfc championship was packed full of eagles fans. That fanbase was completely non existent before this week.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:25 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the matchup just doesn't have the sex appeal other matchups would have. and having no big market team i think hurt the buzz of this SB.

having that said, we'll all still watch it and love it. i just hope its entertaining, and not a blowout.

I think this is going to be one of the better SB. The coaches are going to have to really, really, prepare for this game. Its the best passing offense in the league vs. the best pass rush in the league. What more could you ask for :)
Old 01-28-2009, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My favorite part is that fan base didn't even exist until a week ago. Now even my browns fan roommate has been a cardinals fan for years.

They couldn't sell out their first game and the nfc championship was packed full of eagles fans. That fanbase was completely non existent before this week.
Which bothers me living in this state. The same people who are Cardinal fans now, weren't when the season started and when the regular season started. Now everyone is and everyone thinks they are a football analyst on how they are going to beat the Steelers.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly. Adam Carolla said it best that unless you are from Pittsburgh or you got raped some time in your life in the Phoenix airport, there is no way that you can't root for the Cardinals.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

The news cast here in Arizona said they have not found a Cardinal fan yet, and they think that around 80% of the fans will be for the Steelers.