Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: CB Prospects for the Ravens
D.J. Moore 4 44.44%
Alphonso Smith 4 44.44%
Sean Smith 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default CB Prospects for the Ravens

Which CB would you want the Ravens to take if they were looking for one in the first?

The guys that I put in the poll are the ones that I think will have a chance of being there when we pick. An explanation would be nice, but I think we can all agree that just about any corner would be an upgrade over Walker/Ivy/Oglesby.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Moore because I believe he will be the best of those three. If Sean Smith can show he can turn with WR's he would be my first pick but I think he's a little too stiff in the hips. Moore can also provide great return value, and we will really need it if we lose Leonhard. I think Alphonso would be a little too much like Fabian, a ton of speed but smaller/not a good tackler.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of those 3 Ill take Alphonso Smith. I know he is short but he is a gamer. I'd be ok with DJ Moore I think he could be a quality corner in the NFL. Personally I believe Sean Smith is not gonna make CB in the NFL, he is not agile enough in and out of his breaks.

My favorite CB in this draft however, and the guy we should nab at the end of rd 2 after getting DHB at the end of rd 1, is Jarius Byrd of Oregon. He is the complete package at CB, he has the size 6' 205 lbs, and his speed is extremely underrated (he'll run in the low 4.4's at the combine).

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Out of those 3 Ill take Alphonso Smith. I know he is short but he is a gamer. I'd be ok with DJ Moore I think he could be a quality corner in the NFL. Personally I believe Sean Smith is not gonna make CB in the NFL, he is not agile enough in and out of his breaks.

My favorite CB in this draft however, and the guy we should nab at the end of rd 2 after getting DHB at the end of rd 1, is Jarius Byrd of Oregon. He is the complete package at CB, he has the size 6' 205 lbs, and his speed is extremely underrated (he'll run in the low 4.4's at the combine).

AGREE AGREE AGREE that is the guy I was thinking would be a good raven fit. He does have a bit more pass defense experience playing in the PAC 10 against some great offenses so he MIGHT be a more game ready rookie...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
AGREE AGREE AGREE that is the guy I was thinking would be a good raven fit. He does have a bit more pass defense experience playing in the PAC 10 against some great offenses so he MIGHT be a more game ready rookie...
Don't you mean ACC lol? He's the corner from Wake Forest.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:39 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Don't you mean ACC lol? He's the corner from Wake Forest.
I think he was talking about Byrd from Oregon, who I said in my post was my favorite CB in the draft.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I think he was talking about Byrd from Oregon, who I said in my post was my favorite CB in the draft.
My mind wasn't working... My bad lol. Doesn't Byrd have concerns like Sean Smith does? Like having fluid hips.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
My mind wasn't working... My bad lol. Doesn't Byrd have concerns like Sean Smith does? Like having fluid hips.
I think Byrd is an zone guy, that is the only question some have, will he be able to play in an man-to-man scheme or zone only.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Darius Butler is looking pretty good in the Senior Bowl right now, but his tackling isn't great either. I really think we need a big corner, which there may not be in the first unless Vontae really drops. WR is becoming my first round want for the Ravens now...
Old 01-25-2009, 07:36 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else besides me afraid of taking Alphonso Smith? I mean, I love everything about the guy, its just hes so small and with so many 6'+ WR's in the league, I get the feeling that hes just going to get overpowered.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:35 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well at the same token the NFL is also moving towards quick small receivers and he is one of the few corners that can lock them down. I'll take a blanket corner who can cover anyone but at times may be boxed out i.e. Fabian, over a physical guy who can't cover i.e. Frank Walker. I do think however Alphonso will be a much better pro than Fabian, his ball skills and coverage are tops in this corner class. I'm still a huge Deangelo Smith fan and even Mickens to an extent. Kevin Barnes I still feel is the dream fit for the Ravens in the 3rd or hopefully the 4th. Lets hope he isn't fully recovered and runs like a 4.9 forty, lol. The kid is perfect, good cover skills, and really physical.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of any of the Cincinnati corners. Darius Butler got abused in the senior bowl.

I picked DJ Moore from the poll. He's physically built more like a cover corner and has those attributes (quickness, speed, fluidity) but he's tough and very aggressive. I think Sean Smith can be a similar player to Gary Baxter.

I only saw the Holliday Bowl, and I remember Dez Bryant tearing it up, but I don't remember if Byrd was covering. I don't know much about him, but his triangle numbers and stats look good.
America is offline   Reply With Quote