Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-23-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Linehan named Offensive Coordinator?

Don't really have a link, but I've seen it on several different websites that have said they saw it on ESPN. I do like the hire though, as I think Linehan is a very good OC.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Don't really have a link, but I've seen it on several different websites that have said they saw it on ESPN. I do like the hire though, as I think Linehan is a very good OC.
Haha Linehan turned down the OC job with us to go here beautiful
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the hire, but this means Cpep stays!!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

bendert58 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its good to see we are bringing in guys with experience who are proven coordinators, not just great position coaches.
bendert58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting. I like that the Lions aren't ******* around with their coaching staff like they did under Marinelli.

At least if Schwartz blows as HC and get fired in the first month, there will be several legit candidates to take over unlike last season, haha.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

Quote:
At least if Schwartz blows as HC and get fired in the first month, there will be several legit candidates to take over unlike last season, haha.
Haha yeah seriously, maybe thats the leading factor in why anyone would want to come to Detroit.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all we need now is herm edwards at defensive backs coach.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3855314

There's your link gentlemen.

Now where are the Rams and Vikings fans to weigh in . . . ?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Love the hire, but this means Cpep stays!!
I'm hoping that's not true.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I hope Linehan likes Stafford . . . a lot.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
sunnyintheD
Rookie

sunnyintheD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm hoping that's not true.
Maybe this means we will actually do the smart thing and sit Stafford if drafted.
sunnyintheD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I now think that OL is the pick!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

Quote:
I now think that OL is the pick!
I hope thats true, but then again, will Daunte Culpepper really be around that long? He's a stopgap even if Linehan is the OC
Old 01-23-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't think Linehan's signing does much to influence our #1 pick. Mayhew and Schwartz are still the only ones making that determination.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's Linehan's preference with offense? Power running, passing, good mix of both? Not overly familiar with him. Does he have any specific areas of offensive expertise?
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Culpepper has proven he is not a starter in the NFL anymore, regardless of the coach.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was he the guy who got canned because the players didn't like him? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
Was he the guy who got canned because the players didn't like him? Or am I thinking of someone else?
That's part of it. But he wasn't a good Head Coach.

He's been very good as an OC with STL and MIA, so I don't have concerns about him in this role.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
treefi
Rookie

treefi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Really? Culpepper with an entire off season to work chemistry with Calvin Johnson will be a lot better than a Culpepper signed off the street in a season already begun, thrown into a starting position on a team that ended up going 0-16....

Now throw in that our new OC has worked wonders with Culpepper in the past, I don't see any other plausible option at QB to be better at this point. He won't be the Culpepper we saw with Moss but I think he can be good enough for 1 or 2 years while either Stafford/Sanchez or Bradford/McCoy patiently prepare to become the starter.

If Schwartz can bring Haynesworth to Detroit, our future will suddenly be looking bright.
treefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think he's crazy for passing up the weather in san francisco, but maybe he thinks he'll have more flexibility or job stability with the offense here. or he just loves stafford that much. regardless he's going to have to limit the playbook if stafford plays.

as for his style. well think back to when culpepper and moss in the vikings. when pep had 4,717 yards passing and 39 tds in linehan's last year there.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was the offensive coordinator in Minnesota for awhile... he is a very good coordinator and does a great job of mixing the run and pass. Not afraid to take shots down the field.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

Well he better be ready to coach up Stafford :-)
Old 01-23-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
detroitsports
Rookie

detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Our coaching staff is looking great...now just gotta get Stan Kwan out of there
detroitsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
TheDoctor8
Rookie

TheDoctor8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TheDoctor8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This was posted at the bottom of Wikipedia!! Hilarious!!

In the 2009-2010 season, Linehan lead the Lions' high-powered offense to a perfect regular season record at 16-0. Rookie Quarterback Matt Stafford passed for 6,000 yards and 60. WR Calvin Johnson caught 250 passes for 2,712 yards and 31 TDs. RB Kevin Smith rushed for an NFL record 3,423 yards.

The Lions defeated the New England Patriots in Super Bowl 44, 97-0.
TheDoctor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this hire. Linehan is a good offensive coordinator, who just failed as a head coach.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote