Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Source: Edwards fired by Kansas City

Source: Edwards fired by Kansas City

KANSAS CITY -- Chiefs coach Herm Edwards was fired Friday, a well-placed source told ESPN.

--------------

Thats all it says.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we can't say we didn't see this coming.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No surprise here. Who is among the potential canididates?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
No surprise here. Who is among the potential canididates?
From what I have read and seen everyone and your mother.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haley
Gailey
Shanahanahanhnan
Cowher
Ghandi
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Haley
Gailey
Shanahanahanhnan
Cowher
Ghandi
Tuna as well never going to happen.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw it on the ESPN ticker. It's official.

Oh well. I don't like the move but I can see why they did it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gut feeling says Haley will be the next HC.there's a lot of smoke around his name with KC
Old 01-23-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally, now he can come to the Colts. ;)
Old 01-23-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be Shanny

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I think it is the right move for the team that being said I do like Herm Edwards as a person and do feel bad for him but he won't be out of work long.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I think it will be Shanny
This is the weirdest rumor. I don't believe it at all.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said it for years, Herm Edwards is a good football coach. Most people can't see past wins and losses but there is more to it than that. He is a great talent evaluator, he is a great motivator, his players play hard for him every down because they buy into his philosophy. We were more competitive this year than many people predicted. At the end of the day though, all most people care about is wins.

Like I said, I don't like this move but I can fully understand why it happened. Oh well. Now I can hope that Cowher is our next coach! Go longshots!

Old 01-23-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Kansas City ends up with Todd Haley, i think they'll be greatly disappointed a year from now.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
This is the weirdest rumor. I don't believe it at all.
never know maybe the revenge factor plus maybe his goal is to coach all 4 AFC West teams :D
Old 01-23-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If Kansas City ends up with Todd Haley, i think they'll be greatly disappointed a year from now.
I agree with you on this one but eh. I hope Pioli has someone in mind that none of us have thought about yet, or seemed like too much of a longshot to consider.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like LJ is getting shopped since he doesnt have that special bond with his african american coach anymore. Unless they hire one..
Haley is not soft spoken at all and I think he will put some fire into that team.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I'm thinking the next coach will be Haley or someone from Parcell's staff in Miami.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shanahan is in talks to become KC's new coach per espin. Shanahan and Pioli, good offseason for KC if they can pull that off.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet its Kirk Ferentz
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
stealthbomber
Rookie

stealthbomber hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I've said it for years, Herm Edwards is a good football coach. Most people can't see past wins and losses but there is more to it than that.
When it comes down to it, it IS ABOUT wins & losses.

The B-12 STEALTH BOMBER
stealthbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
stealthbomber
Rookie

stealthbomber hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Shanahan is in talks to become KC's new coach per espin. Shanahan and Pioli, good offseason for KC if they can pull that off.
That would be fricking hilarious.
Shanahan: Oakland> Denver> Kansas City

He'd just need to get to San Diego later to complete the cycle in the AFC West.

The B-12 STEALTH BOMBER

Last edited by stealthbomber : 01-23-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: misspell
stealthbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Just saw that!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
WOOOOO MAKE THIS HAPPEN

edit: now it says Chiefs near deal with Mike Shanahan to become next Chiefs head coach
Old 01-23-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm Rooney Rule thread anyone lol
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote