Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/...tory?id=3855917
Old 01-23-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good, now this can kill Shanny to Dallas rumors and maybe we can look forward to Holmgren in 09?

I wanted to see Herm get the DC job in Indy, wonder where he's headed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure they've talked to a ton of coaches in the last week or so lol.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pioli + Shanahan + Crennel as DC=Greatest Offseason Ever :D

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I'm sure they've talked to a ton of coaches in the last week or so lol.
Hopefully.

Anyone know if they interviewed a minority candidate before Shanahan?

If not....I think this is a dumb route to take. I would have at least given Romeo an interview to comply with the Rooney rule and because of his past connection with Pioli and the Pats.

Who knows, it could even turn into him being a defensive coordinator.

But I think it's silly to go hard, hardcore after 1 coach and let that be publicly known because your going to struggle to get a minority candidate in to interview if he knows its a sham.

Sorry if any of that was addressed already, didn't read through the entire threat.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They might have even interviewed Crennel for the spot...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
They might have even interviewed Crennel for the spot...
That is what I heard but no prove.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really have no idea who they have interviewed. No one seems to have any reliable sources inside the KC organization other than maybe Mort who broke Herm being fired.

Schefter is still saying Shanny isn't a candidate, but he's been wrong at every point about the Chiefs. He thought we wouldn't get Pioli, he thought we would keep Herm.

Last edited by Basileus777 : 01-23-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
hmm Rooney Rule thread anyone lol
I think there were candidates interviewed.just cause it's not made public does'nt meant there were not other interviews
Old 01-23-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Crennel has been interviewed already...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 01-23-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

MORT AND SCHEFTER DUEL OVER REPORTS OF SHANAHAN TO CHIEFS

Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2009, 5:48 p.m.

Two of the top NFL information men in the business are engaged in a duel regarding the question of whether the Kansas City Chiefs are talking to former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan regarding the possibility of replacing former Chiefs coach Herm Edwards.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Chiefs and Shanahan are closing in on a deal.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported on Thursday, and has reiterated today, that the Chiefs have made no contact with Shanahan.

“[u]nless people I have known for years are blatantly lying to me, Shanahan is not going to be the next head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs,” Schefter writes. “It is not happening. People can keep talking as if it is. But it is not. He will not be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2009.”

Pistols or swords, gentlemen?

Last edited by Splat : 01-23-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Schefter's going to get embrassed...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 01-23-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Schefter for the time being, especially over anyone from ESPN. He's better, plus he's tight like a glove with the Broncos and Shanny given that he used to be their beat reporter a few years ago.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Looks like Mort is back peddling now the ticker on ESPN says the Chiefs are just talking with MS it had said they were close to a deal.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shanny thought about what his life would be like without sticking it to Al Davis and went "naaaaah"
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schefter is going to look bad.Shanny will be the Chiefs next coach I am almost certain of it
Old 01-23-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Shanahan and Pioli in one off season would be an amazing turnaround (or potential turnaround) just please please please for the love of god let Pioli make personnel decisions Shanny. He is a much better talent evaluator than you are.

edit: Oh, and please hire a defensive coordinator worth a damn.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post

edit: Oh, and please hire a defensive coordinator worth a damn.
Mr. Crennel says hi!

Would it really come as a surprise to anyone?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Mr. Crennel says hi!

Would it really come as a surprise to anyone?
No, and I would absolutely love that hire.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mort comes out with false reports all throughout the year, it would not be shocking at all if he was wrong again, you never know what your getting with his reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Shanny does go to KC, my question is does he view Mark Sanchez as a franchise QB? And if not, would he give up a 2nd round pick or a future 1st for Stafford?

We all know he loves big-armed and big-time QBs and probably won't want to go into camp with Tyler Thigpen or a veteran stopgap.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
If Shanny does go to KC, my question is does he view Mark Sanchez as a franchise QB? And if not, would he give up a 2nd round pick or a future 1st for Stafford?

We all know he loves big-armed and big-time QBs and probably won't want to go into camp with Tyler Thigpen or a veteran stopgap.
If he is hired as HC I would assume that we'd take Stafford or Sanchez, whichever is available there at 3. Pioli does like to move around on draft day so I could see a trade-up to 1st scenario if they are that high on Stafford, but they'd have to view him as the far superior prospect in order for that to happen I'd think.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

now rumors in radio are KC is targeting Bill Cowher.man so many rumors in just a few hours
Old 01-23-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
now rumors in radio are KC is targeting Bill Cowher.man so many rumors in just a few hours
Cowher is who I really want here.

And for the Shanahan thing, I don't really WANT him here but he used to be a semi decent coach, right? He wouldn't be my first choice but he's got history in this league so maybe that's why they're wanting him here, idk.

I thought he was a half decent coach but a horrible talent evaluator. If that were the case, Pioli can take care of that stuff and Shanny can take care of the coaching.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Cowher isn't going to happen.

Get a grip, Kansas City.