Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Bill Cowher isn't going to happen.

Get a grip, Kansas City.
You don't understand! We've had 10+ names being floated around by every major news media outlet in the country! We don't know WHAT to expect anymore!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
You don't understand! We've had 10+ names being floated around by every major news media outlet in the country! We don't know WHAT to expect anymore!
Brett Favre was even mentioned. Damn Media *****!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bringing back Vince Lombardi to coach the Chiefs
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Ditka anyone?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i also am not sure why afc west fans want shanahan, after watching his miserable coaching the last few years.
Miserable coaching? He's owned the AFC West and always put Denver in a position to win the division. I don't know how you can be disappointed in what he's accomplished for your franchise.

I'd take Shanny in a heartbeat, and I'd take him over Cowher if given the choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My concern would be what kind of defensive staff they bring in. They should stick to a Tampa 2 like scheme, because they just drafted some integral pieces last year to make it work.

I like Leslie Frazier. Give the man a chance.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where does Herm land?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN reporting Jerry Glanville as the top candidate.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder how many more "top candidates" we can have for this job, sheesh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Bringing back Vince Lombardi to coach the Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Mike Ditka anyone?

Why not Hank Stram?

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post

I'd take Shanny in a heartbeat, and I'd take him over Cowher if given the choice.
had me up until this quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN just said Tim Tebow is in the running for HC so then next year he can draf himself 1st overall
Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
had me up until this quote
Eh, I think Cowher is incredibly overrated.

Quote:

Old 01-23-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
he's the primary reason our defense went downhill. and i don't just mean through personnel moves. he was the one who had larry coyer quit the blitz packages that coyer ran that made our defense one of the best in the league.

further, if the scripted plays at the beginning failed (or even succeeded), the remainder of the playcalling had become completely stale and predictable over the last few seasons.

did he do an incredible job getting jake plummer to lead a team to the AFCC? absolutely. has he done a piss poor job with the team, offense and defense (on the field) since? absolutely.

that said, i think shanny can still be a good head coach. but i don't think that'll happen next year. i strongly believe he needs some time away from the game, before he can come back and coach like he did in the 90's.
Personally, I think you're thinking too much about what happened the past year or two, and letting that take precedence in your evaluation of him. It's just like how most Chiefs fans still mock Marty Schottenheimer; there are too many biases in the way to make a clear evaluation.

If you asked non-Denver fans what they thought about Shanny, I'm sure he would receive a resoundingly positive review.

Yes, he sucked ass with the defense recently, but he's also been a genius with the offense his entire tenure in Denver. Hopefully, Pioli's presence will enable Shanny to focus on what he does best, instead of trying to control everything.

All this being said, I'm highly doubtful that he even ends up with KC.

Quote:

Old 01-23-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
All this being said, I'm highly doubtful that he even ends up with KC.
This is entirely offtopic, but do you stay around Murfreesboro? I recently saw a car there that had a bumper sticker exactly like your sig. Then again I have no clue what your sig relates to so I don't know how common it truly is.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

espn news just reported a deal with Shanahan is unlikely.nice responsible journalism espn not
Old 01-23-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome coach Haley.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
espn news just reported a deal with Shanahan is unlikely.nice responsible journalism espn not
I wouldn't give up yet...They might be trying to come to the center after hearing Schefter's report. I don't really think anyone knows anything besides the fact that Shanahan is the top candidate.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Jon Gruden is who I would pick
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most important thing is who does Scott Pioli pick, because those two have to have the same vision of the team they are building. The President/GM knows what players that the Head Coach and his staff look for, and those coaches prepare the players best they can so that they can succeed on gamedays.

It's not like fantasy football, you can't just pick and choose.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I bet him and Larry Johnson get in a fight before the start of the season if he would be named HC.

I wouldn't be surpirsed it its someone from one of the two teams still playing. Cheifs' fans what are you're thoughts on Greg Manusky?

Last edited by PACKmanN : 01-24-2009 at 01:57 AM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
This is entirely offtopic, but do you stay around Murfreesboro? I recently saw a car there that had a bumper sticker exactly like your sig. Then again I have no clue what your sig relates to so I don't know how common it truly is.
I'm only 22 and I know who the Dead are.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Please no.

Five are Chiefs options to replace Herman Edwards
Old 01-24-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Pasqauloni?that would be a terrible choice
Old 01-24-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
No I live in the Vandy area, but this logo is pretty common, it's for the Grateful Dead.

Quote: