Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GET LOOSE View Post
Steelers best chance is to put more preasure on Warner then ever before make him lose the game.
you also cant forget, Warner is one of the better QBs in the NFL to handle the ball with alot of pressure
Old 01-25-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetvilma51 View Post
you also cant forget, Warner is one of the better QBs in the NFL to handle the ball with alot of pressure

But he is also known to make a lot of mistakes. Do you remember what happened when he played out jets this year. He fumbled 4 times and threw 3 picks.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:32 AM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Edge and Hightower.... On the Steelers, I expect Hines Ward to be quiet, and for Holmes, and wait for it, Sweed to have good games.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Elway yea id think its Willie Parker. Mewelde Moore for MVP

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 01-26-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kurt warner goes down with a hand injury, and Matt Leinart saves the day.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Have you been in the defensive meetings?
You only need four if you're bringing LaMarr Woodley every play.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:22 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
You only need four if you're bringing LaMarr Woodley every play.
What do you mean four? With Woodley, one is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
What do you mean four? With Woodley, one is enough.
This is correct. I apologize for my egregious mistake.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Ike Taylor will get burnt badly.
I don't agree with this. He does very, very well against elite recievers. He has handled Andre Johnson and Randy Moss this year and pretty much contained them. I know Andre had over 100 yards with like 10 catches and a touchdown, but most of those yards came on his touchdown and it was in garbage time. Ike Taylor will be fine.

My guess is the Cardinals offensive line. Look at the Patriots last year, nuff said.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

You know who DOESN'T ever have bad games? This guy...

Old 01-26-2009, 08:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edge and Fitz

The Steelers eat RBs for breakfast, and that sick sick defense (i can't emphasize enough how much i love that defense) will force Kurt to go to Breaston.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I don't agree with this. He does very, very well against elite recievers. He has handled Andre Johnson and Randy Moss this year and pretty much contained them. I know Andre had over 100 yards with like 10 catches and a touchdown, but
Lol, I thought this was pretty funny, true or not.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Lol, I thought this was pretty funny, true or not.
Ike Taylor has shut down Numerous "Great" WR's when we play high powered offenses.

I'm sure he'll give up 10 or so catches to Fitz, but it'll be small stuff.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Ike Taylor will not hold Fitz thats why they are going 2 double team him every play. But you cant double team 2 WRs and thats why Boldin is going 2 shine. Same for Breaston and as for the cards running game I think Hightower will have a decent game
Old 01-26-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
Who ever is covering Larry Fitzgerald
Ike Taylor has covered the likes of Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, T.J Houszmanzadeh, Reggie Wayne...and has given up just two tds. I think he can do a fine job on fitzgerald. Not saying he won't be tested, Fitzy is one of the best.

Quote:
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Ike Taylor has shut down Numerous "Great" WR's when we play high powered offenses.

I'm sure he'll give up 10 or so catches to Fitz, but it'll be small stuff.
Not disputing that, just the whole post is funny. It's like:

"Well our defensive always shuts down Adrian Peterson, I know he had 173 yards and two touchdowns but..."
Old 01-26-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Not disputing that, just the whole post is funny. It's like:

"Well our defensive always shuts down Adrian Peterson, I know he had 173 yards and two touchdowns but..."
Most of AJ's catches were short. I will give Fitz short routes all day.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

short routes that turn into big plays if thats what you mean

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
short routes that turn into big plays if thats what you mean
Last time Fitz went 10 for 120 and this defense is better.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
10 for 120 is abusing a defense.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

Quote:
Well thats not good at all and I hate 2 break it 2 you but Fitz has also improved.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heath Miller won't have a single catch, you can qoute me on that. Breaston will have MONSTER game, qoute me on that too if you want.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack27 View Post
Ike Taylor has covered the likes of Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, T.J Houszmanzadeh, Reggie Wayne...and has given up just two tds. I think he can do a fine job on fitzgerald. Not saying he won't be tested, Fitzy is one of the best.
Yeah, they're not Fitz. At least we're understood there.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Heath Miller won't have a single catch, you can qoute me on that. Breaston will have MONSTER game, qoute me on that too if you want.
You don't think Heath Miller will receive one ball? And that Breaston will kill?

Any reasons to arrive at this conclusion?

Old 01-27-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
10 for 120 is abusing a defense.
Really?

When you're playing deep to not let the deep ball?

Do you know how the Steelers defense works?

Fitz is going to get his catches, the only thing you can do is limit those to small amounts.

We kept him out of the endzone.

Some other points to add:

Holmes went 6 for 128 and 2 TD's.

Fitz:

First attempt: 12 yards
2nd attempt: 20 yards, Fumbled away
3rd attempt: Drop
4th attempt: 6 yards
5th attempt: 12 yards
6th attempt: 4 yards
7th attempt: 9 yards
8th attempt: 9 yards
9th attempt: 6 yards
10th attempt: 4 yards
11th attempt: 34 Yards
12th attempt: illegal man downfield

if thats all Larry Fitz does against us, I'll take it. he took what we gave him minus the 34 yarder and 20 yarder.

Again, We're a bend not break defense, we'll allow the short and underneath stuff but we design to not give up the big plays.

So, Fitz will get his 10ish catches, but if we dont' give him any TD's and give up 120 yards or less it's a success in my books.

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 01-27-2009 at 09:18 PM.