Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-25-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Baltimore Ravens Needs - Offense

I think our needs on offense are as follows:

1. Wide Receiver
2. Right Tackle
3. Tight End
4. Center (only if Brown does not return)
5. Right Guard (only if Yanda is unable to return)
6. Fullback (only if Neal retires or isn't re-signed)

Right now I am assuming that Yanda will be returning near 100% next season, at least that's what is being reported. Tight end is a need because Wilcox is a FA, Quinn is a RFA, and even if we bring back at least one of those guys we all know how fragile they are (Heap included). Receiver and Right Tackle are obvious needs, although Anderson helps a little at RT. I have no idea what Neal will do, although if he doesn't retire I fully expect him back next season. If not, there's a prospect that I am very high on in the upcoming draft. I also expect Brown back, but who knows with all the attention he seems to be getting...

Anything I miss?
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fullback? I doubt Neal returns and McClain should probably take over, hopefully we only use McClain for power running. I think McGahee should be the starter and split with Rice, and give to McClain every now and then. I hope, McClain takes more of a fullback role next year.

As for TE, I don't think its going to be a big a need. I doubt we'll look for one in the draft. We've already got Heap, Sypnewski, and maybe even Wilcox. We are set there.

Right Guard and Tackle both as well, shouldn't be first day needs. We should add some young talent but later in the draft. they aren't HUGE needs but I will admit, depth is needed.

Center would be a need, only if Jason Brown leaves.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one that thinks Terry can still be the RT next year? Also I would like to see McClain be a FB, he was a monster in college. He can still get the ball but give it to McGahee and Rice if McGahee is back which he probably will be.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:27 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Terry can still be the RT next year? Also I would like to see McClain be a FB, he was a monster in college. He can still get the ball but give it to McGahee and Rice if McGahee is back which he probably will be.

Yes you are, you obviously did not watch the playoffs at all. Terry is too slow and is not athletic enough to be a T in the NFL. He got run around numerous times in the Titans game when he relieved injured Willie Anderson,and it happened alot during the season also. Willie is the RT of this upcoming season then after that we have nothing. Guys like David Hale and Oniel Cousins are good depth guys, personally I think Oniel Cousins could be a very good RG, but we need a starter of the future at RT. I agree about the FB situation and McClain.

Personally I'd say our needs are this.....

1a. WR
1b. CB
2. RT

Address those early and often!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:20 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terry fits in our offense perfectly for when we run the unbalanced lines. I do have confidence in him being our starter at RT, but I do think we can really get better at that postition. Did anyone see Terry when we played Pittsburgh at home? He was 1v1 with James Harrison and just owned him. Mostly because that was his only duty and we had him in as an extra linemen.(taking out a TE or a 3rd WR) So again, Terry could be a useful player for the Ravens, I just think we could have someone better at RT.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Fullback? I doubt Neal returns and McClain should probably take over, hopefully we only use McClain for power running. I think McGahee should be the starter and split with Rice, and give to McClain every now and then. I hope, McClain takes more of a fullback role next year.

As for TE, I don't think its going to be a big a need. I doubt we'll look for one in the draft. We've already got Heap, Sypnewski, and maybe even Wilcox. We are set there.

Right Guard and Tackle both as well, shouldn't be first day needs. We should add some young talent but later in the draft. they aren't HUGE needs but I will admit, depth is needed.

Come on now... I love Heap as much as the next guy... he is a true hometown guy.. but he has been less then exciting.. he is not performing as an ALL PRO... I think an upgrade is needed at TE...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:31 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the black birds can pick up cincinnatti tackle trevor canfield in the 3rd or 4th..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well if we go RT I think ERU boy Loadholt will be a good pick up so he can wait a year or 2 to develop behind Willie Anderson.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Maybe the black birds can pick up cincinnatti tackle trevor canfield in the 3rd or 4th..
he is a G.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well if we go RT I think ERU boy Loadholt will be a good pick up so he can wait a year or 2 to develop behind Willie Anderson.
Oklahoma maybe
Go Amare.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable the poster was saying we should get Loadholt and everyone shortens his name to ERU.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post

I put fullback on there because we are successful when running the power I sets, and without Neal we can't do that.

As for TE, I wrote this if you bothered to read: Tight end is a need because Wilcox is a FA, Quinn is a RFA, and even if we bring back at least one of those guys we all know how fragile they are (Heap included).

And as I said C would only be a need if Brown leaves.

I wish people would actually read posts...
Old 01-26-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Brandon Pettigrew would be a great pickup in Rd 1.. let Wilcox go if we can get someone like him to replace him.

Heap would be a great slot guy and let Pettigrew be our #1 TE...
Old 01-26-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree Pettigrew would be perfect for our system, but no way is TE a big need for us. And we can get a TE in the 5th to do the system well.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
I agree Pettigrew would be perfect for our system, but no way is TE a big need for us. And we can get a TE in the 5th to do the system well.
But with Heap the only TE under Contract and the way Cam could use a real TE I think we should look closely at that spot... Heap could have came up huge for us down the stretch if he wasn't injured.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I really like Pettigrew. He could be great in our offense, at least for how valuable he would be. We could lessen the unbalanced packages (which most of the better defenses could figure out) and he would be another red-zone threat.

Hey, remember guys, this is for offensive needs ONLY. IMO most of these needs would be lower if I included defense, which I might soon...
Old 01-27-2009, 04:49 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Oklahoma maybe
Quote:
EdReedUnstoppable the poster was saying we should get Loadholt and everyone shortens his name to ERU.
Did this really just happen?

And when did Adam Terry own James Harrison? I don't remember that, I remember Woodley dominating Terry and Gaither stopping Harrison.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

How come we have not heard much from maryland product Derrick Williams?? He was highly touted coming out of HS and UMD missed the boat on him and PSU he was a versatile and semi productive player... but looks like he would be a better pro then a college player..maybe a Hines Ward type.

Last edited by ChefMike : 01-28-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

Alphonso Smith
Phil Loadholdt
Kenny Britt
Ramses Barden

Thatd be f'in sweet

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I doubt Britt falls to the 3rd. And I think we can get Ramses later then the 4th.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
who?

Even though i know we now have a rookie for W. Mgahee position, it's kinda hard to look at that man this season, i mean god please put Rey Rice in the game!

Hopefully we see more of Rey Rice next season..
Old 01-29-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree, I think McGahee will be the main back with McClain being the FB as Neal may retire. I assume McGahee gets the most of the carries w/ Rice being used in passing downs and then he comes in out of the blue and gets carries. Same w/ McClain. I think we can have overall the best rushing attack in the league next year if McGahee shows up to every game (big if)
Old 01-29-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

best rushing attack in the league?

not a chance
Go Amare.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

McGahee would be a legit 1200-1300 yard back, add in Rice and McClain. Add those 3 together we can lead the league in rushing. Which would be a good argument for best rushing attack in the league.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

ok i just dont see mcgahee putting up those type of numbers i really dont
Go Amare.