Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-26-2009, 07:52 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Terrell Suggs- "We Can All Stay"

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...tory?track=rss

Quote:
Terrell Suggs suggested that fellow linebackers Ray Lewis and Bart Scott could stay if they all give the Ravens "a home discount." Suggs, Lewis and Scott are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents at the end of February. "We really don't want to play without one another because we've been playing together for so long," Suggs told Sirius NFL radio.

Quote:
Now that the Ravens don't intend to use the tag on Lewis, it'll be interesting if they put it on Suggs again. If they applied the tag on him next month, they would have to pay him 120 percent of his 2008 salary for one season ($10.2 million).

But Suggs said he wouldn't be tempted to go elsewhere if he did become a free agent.

"Not at the cost of leaving Baltimore," Suggs said. "If they treat me fair then it shouldn't be a problem. I have all the faith in the world that they'll do that. I think they'll address all three of us with what they see as fair. I think if all three of us can come in the middle and form an agreement, then we shouldn't have a problem.
Terrific News to hear that from Suggs, our defense is like a brotherhood and I love to see our players have that loyalty to one another. Just goes to show ya, that losing Rex may not big a huge blow to our defense after all. Like Ray Lewis has been preaching all year "As long as we got each other, we'll be fine" (something along those lines) Also, if you didnt read the article, Suggs said his shoulder won't require surgery and it will recover over time, more good news.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, if you watch the video on the left, you can easily see, Ray is a Raven for life. Mark it down.

Hopefully this time he actually gives us a "hometown discount" Seeing as how he never has.

Quote:
And what's this about Lewis giving the Ravens a hometown discount?

Since his rookie season, Lewis has re-signed his contract five times, getting upfront or "guaranteed" money from the organization, more than any other player.

The last one, signed in 2003, was supposed to be the final one, which would allow him to retire as a Raven.

Never once did Lewis give the Ravens a hometown discount.

Hometown discount? Now, that's funny.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 01-26-2009 at 08:01 AM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:22 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I think they all realize that they could all create something special if they all stay...

How much of a hometown discount though will they all take.. I mean all 3 of them would command huge sums of cash on the open market..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey lets do it, they will all take a hometown discount I'm all game. Wouldn't mind if Scott left, but don't care if he stays. I am alarmed though at no attention going to Jason Brown and I truly think we will lose him which would be a bigger blow IMO than losing any of the Linebackers other than Ray.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they need Ray to stay and let the young lbs like barnes and gooden can develop under his wing..but they are already a great talent and i think they could step right in and be great linebackers
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like STRIP said I think is anything the order of re-signing should go

1. Ray Lewis
2. Jason Brown
3. Terrell Suggs
4. Bart Scott

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com if you want to hear some awesome NFL talk with a Pro Football HoF voter and one of the committee who votes on post-season awards. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Scott but really if we let him go I will basically guarentee you who ever we put in gets equal production and we don't miss a beat. I think we can replace Suggs but we would slow down a little. If we lose Ray the world will start spinning opposite directions.

And STRIP Hopefully its just the media paying attention to the flashier position because I agree that Brown is more important than anyone besides Ray.

What do you think we should do w/ our FA safetys? I think Leonard is a UFA and Landry is. Personally IDC I think we can put in Zbikowski and he may be able to do better then them. I love Zbi
Old 01-26-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I like Scott but really if we let him go I will basically guarentee you who ever we put in gets equal production and we don't miss a beat. I think we can replace Suggs but we would slow down a little. If we lose Ray the world will start spinning opposite directions.

And STRIP Hopefully its just the media paying attention to the flashier position because I agree that Brown is more important than anyone besides Ray.

What do you think we should do w/ our FA safetys? I think Leonard is a UFA and Landry is. Personally IDC I think we can put in Zbikowski and he may be able to do better then them. I love Zbi
Landry is an RFA we won't lose him if we do will get compensation. Would like to see like a 3rd round tender on him at least because if we just do a qualifying offer all we get in compensation is his original draft position which was a 6th rounder I believe. I'd love to have Leonhard back because he was great starting and is a pretty decent punt returner. Personally I favor starting Landry over Leonhard but it could go either way. Leonhard is better in coverage and pretty good in the box while Landry is much better in the box and pretty solid in coverage in his own right. A risk though as we don't know how he will return. Unfortunately you'd have to believe that we can't afford to keep both as we have Nakamura and Zbikowski and Leonhard has probably earned himself a big pay raise. I think we end up letting go of Leonhard because he will demand a bigger and long term contract this season. I am fine with Dawan this year and even if he leaves in the future I like Harkuriy and Zbi is a good special teams player and could be really good in the box. Don't trust him in coverage though. Also maybe C-mac considers a move to safety and extra CB in packages to extend his career.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well I remember reading it looks like Cmac is outta here.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
well I remember reading it looks like Cmac is outta here.
I wouldn't say outta here... but he will be cut and resigned rather then pay the roster bonus and $8m to a guy that is losing a step but is better then most on his worst day
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Seems like Harbaugh still thinks C-Mac is a good guy, as he said in the season ending interview but that may just be what he says to the media.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:00 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
Like STRIP said I think is anything the order of re-signing should go

1. Ray Lewis
2. Jason Brown
3. Terrell Suggs
4. Bart Scott
I think it should be......

1. Jason Brown
2. Ray Lewis
3. Terrell Suggs
4. Jim Leonhard
5. Dawan Landry
6. Our backup water boy
7. Our backup male cheerleaders
8. Our backup National Anthem singer
9. Our assistant car parker at 1 winning drive
10. Bart Scott

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:50 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I think it should be......

1. Jason Brown
2. Ray Lewis
3. Terrell Suggs
4. Jim Leonhard
5. Dawan Landry
6. Our backup water boy
7. Our backup male cheerleaders
8. Our backup National Anthem singer
9. Our assistant car parker at 1 winning drive
10. Bart Scott
indeed :D lol, but in all seriousness. Scott is easily replaceable but if he wants to stay,(cheap) I say re-sign him. He knows the system perfect, isn't a bad player in his own right. If hes cheap, take him, but if he wants big money. Sorry Bart.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i remember seeing an article in the SUN that a hometown discount wont happen again with Bart as he did it once when the Browns offered more money

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants fan here, this honestly has nothing to do with the topic, but can someone tell me why there is so much hate on Bart Scott lol, I have always been extremely curious about that, he is not a bad player, nowhere near elite but he is good...

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
i remember seeing an article in the SUN that a hometown discount wont happen again with Bart as he did it once when the Browns offered more money
Well, if thats the case, he can GTFO
Old 02-01-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Giants fan here, this honestly has nothing to do with the topic, but can someone tell me why there is so much hate on Bart Scott lol, I have always been extremely curious about that, he is not a bad player, nowhere near elite but he is good...
I think it all started when he screwed up at the New England game last year. True, hes not a bad LB and made a class move when he stayed with us over Cleveland for a home town discount but I still think he is easy replacable and if he wants big money, id rather him get it elsewhere.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't understand what can make you guys hate that man so much even if he is replaceable.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ERU doesn't like him because he talks a lot of trash and doesn't back it up.

I kind of like him but if he wants a lot of money he can GTFO IDC.