Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My 2008 All Underrated Squad

yeah...i know. what else is there to talk about? to elaborate on my list, i named guys i felt that were not necessarily underrated to the mass public, but moreso underrated on here, on this board. if we named guys who are underrated to the public, it would turn into a homer fest. these guys are good players who played great this year, but didn't get the credit they deserved for their play by us on here. also, my list is based on play this year, and is not necessarily based on raw statistics, moreso guys who stood out to me on the good old fashioned eyeball evaluation.

Also, I do realize that 3 Eagles are on the dline. 4 Eagles on the 4-3 defense. Honestly, I couldve put 5 Eagles on there with Stewart Bradley. That entire Eagle defensive roster outside of the secondary is underrated. They have one of the best front 7s in the game, and none of those guys got the credit they deserved for their play. They arguably had one of, if not the best 4-3 dline in the game this past year.

I also realize some of you will disagree with Kerry Collins. But give the man credit, he played very well all year. He wasn't necessarily a bus driver, there were games when he threw it 35+ times and won them the game. He was generally clutch throughout the season, made great throws, and managed the game well. He even played well against the Ravens in the playoffs, its just that mistakes outside of his control generally blew the game. He played arguably just as well as Ben did against that Ravens defense, but he doesn't get any credit for it bc he lost. I was also debating between him and Orton/Thigpen, but Orton and Thigpen are too green to be on this list. And they had a good half season of play. Collins was good all season.

4-3

LE: Darren Howard
NT: Broderick Bunkley
UT: Darnell Dockett/Domata Peko (tie)
RE: Trent Cole

SAM: Ben Leber
MIKE: London Fletcher/Barrett Rudd (tie)
WILL: Kawika Mitchell/Rocky McIntosh (tie)

CB: Leon Hall
SS: Quintin Mikell
FS: Michael Griffin
CB: Quentin Jammer

3-4

LE: Darnell Dockett
NT: Chris Hoke
RE: Jarvis Green

SOLB: Jarrett Johnston
SILB: James Farrior
WILB: Lawrence Timmons
WOLB: Calvin Pace

same back 4

Offense

QB: Kerry Collins

FB: Heath Evans
RB: Leon Washington

TE: Zach Miller
LT: Jared Gaither
LG: Justin Blaylock
C: Ryan Kalil
RG: Carl Nicks
RT: David Stewart

WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Greg Camarillo/Jericho Cotchery (tie)

Discuss.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 01-26-2009 at 08:30 PM.
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with all of those except for Leon Washington. He got a LOT of publicity across the country and people were talking about him as the MVP for the Jets this season. He is good, but he is not full-time starter good.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jericho Cotchery and Santana Moss are two very underrated WR's, both here and in the media.

Also, did Darren Howard really play that well to deserve a mention?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

isnt it Brandon Leber

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Chiefs for OBVIOUS REASONS!

Stewart Bradley is a beast though for sure.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I agree with all of those except for Leon Washington. He got a LOT of publicity across the country and people were talking about him as the MVP for the Jets this season. He is good, but he is not full-time starter good.
I think Leon Washington would tear it up as a starter. At least give the guy 12 carries a game. I had it between him and Norwood.

Its difficult naming a fulltime starter RB as underrated in today's era of fantasy football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think Jericho Cotchery and Santana Moss are two very underrated WR's, both here and in the media.

Also, did Darren Howard really play that well to deserve a mention?
Watching Cotchery every week, I like the guy, but he's a number 2 possession WR. There are a lot of those in this league. I think Moss gets plenty of pub honestly. Vincent Jackson is on his way to being a beast in this league. I was thinking about putting Antonio Bryant on the list, but chances are he'll screw up again and blow it.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Heitmann is not on this list? Ridiculous.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
isnt it Brandon Leber
eh, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
No Chiefs for OBVIOUS REASONS!

Stewart Bradley is a beast though for sure.
I was thinking about Thigpen and Flowers. But again, too green.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Watching Cotchery every week, I like the guy, but he's a number 2 possession WR. There are a lot of those in this league. I think Moss gets plenty of pub honestly. Vincent Jackson is on his way to being a beast in this league. I was thinking about putting Antonio Bryant on the list, but chances are he'll screw up again and blow it.
78 catches, 989 yards, 4.3 TDs. The past three years. I'd love to get that type of production out of my #2 guy. I can understand why you put Vincent Jackson, i think we've all been waiting for him to burst out, but Greg Camarillo?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carl Nicks not so much, Jahri Evans, yes.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
78 catches, 989 yards, 4.3 TDs. The past three years. I'd love to get that type of production out of my #2 guy. I can understand why you put Vincent Jackson, i think we've all been waiting for him to burst out, but Greg Camarillo?
Well, I could be biased on this one honestly. Just being in around the NY market, I personally didn't feel he was underrated based on his perception around here. I could be wrong though.

Camarillo was on his way to having a great year. Injury caused it to go unnoticed, but he was their most reliable WR this season. I do cede I went a little left field on this one.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a homer, but Eric Wright had a very good year. I don't think he got nearly enough credit for the job he did.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
I'm a homer, but Eric Wright had a very good year. I don't think he got nearly enough credit for the job he did.
I was giving him strong consideration. Its just hard for me to put him ahead of Jammer and Hall. Hall had a great year that went just as unnoticed.

The Browns play a ton of 2 deep safety as well, which makes life as a CB a lot easier.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am glad Gaither is on that list. My favorite part of Gaither is he is only 22.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I am glad Gaither is on that list. My favorite part of Gaither is he is only 22.
I was upset when the Giants didn't make a run for him. 5th Rounder? Are you serious? What a steal.

You don't find guys like him in the 5th round. Ever.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea I remember his talent is all world. He could have been a #1 pick. I would have given a 3rd at the time because in the regular draft he is a top 5 pick. When I heard we got him I was pumped, when I heard we only gave up a 5th I almost cried because even if he failed its a 5th big whoop.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron smith is one of the best defensive lineman in the league and gets no credit. He has to be on the 3-4 list. A guy like him should be a probowler every year, esspecially this one. He was a key reason the defensive unit was the best in the league.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Aaron smith is one of the best defensive lineman in the league and gets no credit. He has to be on the 3-4 list. A guy like him should be a probowler every year, esspecially this one. He was a key reason the defensive unit was the best in the league.
i made this list based on who's underrated on this board, not the general public.

Aaron Smith gets plenty of dap by us on here.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea I remember his talent is all world. He could have been a #1 pick. I would have given a 3rd at the time because in the regular draft he is a top 5 pick. When I heard we got him I was pumped, when I heard we only gave up a 5th I almost cried because even if he failed its a 5th big whoop.
He's a mountain of a man. I think he can shed 15 pounds though, get lighter on his feet. That belly is a little too big.

He's developing quite nicely though. He'll be a beast in no time.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Nick Collins deserves a little love here. He may not have been AS underrated as some of these other guys but there wasn't much said about him in the media. I'm not sure what you guys think of the guy but he was beat out by Brian Dawkins of all people for first team all pro. He should have been a lock. He did get 2nd team but with the year he had, I think thats underrating him.
/homer post

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Carl Nicks not so much, Jahri Evans, yes.
my thoughts

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I think Nick Collins deserves a little love here. He may not have been AS underrated as some of these other guys but there wasn't much said about him in the media. I'm not sure what you guys think of the guy but he was beat out by Brian Dawkins of all people for first team all pro. He should have been a lock. He did get 2nd team but with the year he had, I think thats underrating him.
/homer post
great year. not as great as Mikell. thats just how it went for me personally.

another name that i gave strong consideration was Bo Scaife, TE from Tennessee. He didn't impress me as much as Zach Milller however. If Zach Miller ran routes instead of blocking 70% of the time and got consistency from his qb, he'd be a PB caliber TE in the AFC.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
my thoughts
I liked Nicks. He's raw technique wise, but with his physical ability, he was pretty damn impressive out there. I might have reached for that one. I was drawing a blank at RG.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jahri is the RG though. I do agree, I like Nicks a lot too, but Jahri Evans gets no pub, and he's a stud.

Funny how our line is, two GREAT players(Brown and Evans), 1 solid guy(Nicks), and two atrocious guys that pretty much nullify the wonderfulness of the rest(Stinch, Goodwin).
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Hope>Quintin Mikell and is underrated as well. I don't think Darnell Dockett is underrated either.