Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 01-26-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default My Later Round Sleepers

Heres a few guys in the positions we could draft that I would love to take in the laer rounds of the draft. My favorites in Bold

QB- (Not a big fan of drafting a QB but if we must) Drew Willy, Mike Reilly, and call me crazy but I would love to give Pat White a chance.

HB- (I like Glenn Coffee but we need a power HB) Rashad Jennings, Javarris Williams, P.J Hill.

WR- (not many guys in the late rounds I like but hey why not) Tiquan Underwood, Patrick Turner, and Mike Wallace

DE- (Some DTs that can move outside) Alex Magee, Will Johnson, and maybe Demonté Bolden.

NT- Antonio Dixon. From the U what more can you ask for. Lol I also like Sammie Lee Hill.

ILB- Worrell Williams, Jasper Brinkley, and Antonio Appleby. Yes I would like anyone of these guys in the later rounds.

CB- I really like Kevin Barnes. Domonique Johnson and Jahi Word-Daniels

S- Nic Harris (great tackler), Otis Wiley, C.J. Spillman (if we want Rhodes to stick at SS)
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GET LOOSE View Post
Heres a few guys in the positions we could draft that I would love to take in the laer rounds of the draft. My favorites in Bold

QB- (Not a big fan of drafting a QB but if we must) Drew Willy, Mike Reilly, and call me crazy but I would love to give Pat White a chance.

HB- (I like Glenn Coffee but we need a power HB) Rashad Jennings, Javarris Williams, P.J Hill.

WR- (not many guys in the late rounds I like but hey why not) Tiquan Underwood, Patrick Turner, and Mike Wallace

DE- (Some DTs that can move outside) Alex Magee, Will Johnson, and maybe Demonté Bolden.

NT- Antonio Dixon. From the U what more can you ask for. Lol I also like Sammie Lee Hill.

ILB- Worrell Williams, Jasper Brinkley, and Antonio Appleby. Yes I would like anyone of these guys in the later rounds.

S- Nic Harris (great tackler), Otis Wiley, C.J. Spillman (if we want Rhodes to stick at SS)
I like a lot of what you said. I like the concept of Pat White if its like 6th or 7th round because he is capable of doing some interesting things whether it be a wildcat or as a wr or something like that. Either way, its clear this guy is an athlete.

A guy I would like to take a flier on is Mike Teel. Yes this is homerism and I've made very negative comments on him in the past. However, the way he finished this season was remarkable. He made tons of NFL throws and really showed all the physical tools necessary to play in the pros. I think with some coaching he could definitely be a good backup. With his size, arm strength, experience in a pro style offense, he could develop into anything. The odds aren't great for him because he really showed inconsistency throughout his career, but he really does have all the tools to be a starter.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I was actually thinking about putting Mike Teel as well. I like rutgers and am intrested in what he can do. I would not mind drafting him late and see what hes got
Old 01-26-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yeah tell would be an interesting guy to take a late round flier on and i would defintely be for that..cant hurt to bring in another QB to compete in camp to see what hes got and to up the competition level for the others...other QBs, i know chase daniel is undersized but he was just so good in college i wouldnt mind him...also curtis painter, dont konw much aobut him but he was so great and was supposed to be a top guy going into the year, wouldnt mind bringing him in...

as for some mid round smlal school guys, dont konw much about these guys but scotts said good things about coye francies and ramses barden...would be interesting
Old 01-26-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although it's not a sleeper after the senior bowl, i always wanted to draft Andre Brown in the later rounds. I like Turner too. A few other guys i would be interested in are Chase Patton, Brandon Ore and Frantz Joseph

Sig by Me

Last edited by JETS5128 : 01-26-2009 at 05:59 PM.
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
juiceman32
Rookie

juiceman32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

QUOTE]HB- (I like Glenn Coffee but we need a power HB) Rashad Jennings, Javarris Williams, P.J Hill.[/quote]

I like everyone but P.J. Hill. Just reminds me too much of TJ Duckett/Ron Dayne. I think it will be a stretch for him to make a practice squad. If the Jets drafted him I would be so pissed.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I've really grown completely against drafting a WR in any round but the 1st. I feel as though we already have a plethora of mediorce or #2 type WRs that we barely use now. We have Coles, Cotch, Stuckey, Clowney, Smith, Wright and Henry. I truly believe that we shouldn't draft anyone that isn't in the mold of a #1 WR, ala DHB, Brit and possibly Maclin.

I think Brit will rise quite a bit after the senior bowl, as will DHB. I'm not advocating taking a WR that early, but it's probably the only time i think we should select one. It's just that taking any of the other WRs seem to be adding to the Stuckey, Clowney, Smith, Wright group of #2 or #3 WRs.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
I've really grown completely against drafting a WR in any round but the 1st. I feel as though we already have a plethora of mediorce or #2 type WRs that we barely use now. We have Coles, Cotch, Stuckey, Clowney, Smith, Wright and Henry. I truly believe that we shouldn't draft anyone that isn't in the mold of a #1 WR, ala DHB, Brit and possibly Maclin.

I think Brit will rise quite a bit after the senior bowl, as will DHB. I'm not advocating taking a WR that early, but it's probably the only time i think we should select one. It's just that taking any of the other WRs seem to be adding to the Stuckey, Clowney, Smith, Wright group of #2 or #3 WRs.
To put it quite simply I've grown to agree. One of those three guys you mentioned or Hakeem Nicks would be guys I'd be interested in this draft, Michael Crabtree I'm just discounting because I'll fall off my chair if he's available at 17. Other than that I think we're better off looking in another area. Same deal with the quarterback position, really, only I'd be considerably more inclined to take a wide receiver early. Just comparing the situations in that it really only makes sense to take a guy at either of those positions in the first, and for the case of quarterback, only one of the top 2 guys not that I'm sure that makes a boatload of sense to be honest.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only receiver I'd be interested in outside of what I assume will be first rounders (realistically, those guys could drop out of the first) is Jaison Williams. I've followed the Pac-10 pretty closely and really if he could catch with some consistency, he'd arguably be the second best receiver in this class. His measurables are fantastic and all he needs is some confidence, which it sounds like Ryan can provide. But beyond him, yeah, I'd be inclined to agree.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
The only receiver I'd be interested in outside of what I assume will be first rounders (realistically, those guys could drop out of the first) is Jaison Williams. I've followed the Pac-10 pretty closely and really if he could catch with some consistency, he'd arguably be the second best receiver in this class. His measurables are fantastic and all he needs is some confidence, which it sounds like Ryan can provide. But beyond him, yeah, I'd be inclined to agree.
I wouldnt mind taking Ramses Barden in round 4 or 5. The man is 6-6 with great leaping ability. No corner will take him on in the redzone.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
I wouldnt mind taking Ramses Barden in round 4 or 5. The man is 6-6 with great leaping ability. No corner will take him on in the redzone.
Good point, i like him as i liked James hardy from last year. Not on the same level, but I've always wanted a red-zone threat of that caliber. I just have a feeling he would get lost on our depth chart like the other 3 or 4 receivers who never see the field. He most likely won't contribute on STs, so it'll just be harder for him to see the field. It'd be nice to have that type of size though, that's for sure.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
Good point, i like him as i liked James hardy from last year. Not on the same level, but I've always wanted a red-zone threat of that caliber. I just have a feeling he would get lost on our depth chart like the other 3 or 4 receivers who never see the field. He most likely won't contribute on STs, so it'll just be harder for him to see the field. It'd be nice to have that type of size though, that's for sure.
yeah i said earlier mayb ein a different thread that i would like to take him late...but i agree itll be hard for him to find a spot on the team

as of now...coles cotchery stuckey are sure to be on the active roster (unless traded/cut)...clowney will likely be for his potential and they really liked him before he got hurt...wallace wright likely will be for ST...unless they decide to get rid of brad smith, which at this point i wouldnt blame them even though ive alwasy liked him, thats already 6 recievers, and then tahts without marcus henry (would much rather barden)...i would love to take him, juust dont know if hell be able to fit, especially if we add another WR
Old 02-01-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I really like Antonio Dixon. He would be a good backup NT for us.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
disgruntledjetsfan
Rookie

disgruntledjetsfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love Pat White, and I'd love for the jets to draft him. No way he falls to the 6th or 7th round, he is WAY to athletically gifted. I like him in round 3-4.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:45 AM    (permalink
TT Gator
Rookie

TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.

I like Mike Reilly very under the radar would be an interesting late round pick(which if we pick up any QBs in the draft it should be later then the 2nd) If we pick a QB I think it should be him(5th-late), Bomar(3rd-4th), Mcgee(4th-5th), or Davis if hes not gone after the 2nd(3rd-4th). Andre Brown or Jennings would be interesting you know that Jones is already 30?? I think he's got a few more years in him tho but add the fact that Washingtons a free agent next year and picking up a RB somewhere in this draft starts to make sense. It may be big enough a worry to pick one up early in the 2nd like Mccoy, Ringer, or Donald Brown. Pat White is an intriging pick i'd only want the Jets to get him in the 4th earliest tho but I think after the combine he'll go 3rd or possibly even late 2nd if someone likes him enough.
TT Gator is offline   Reply With Quote