Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-05-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Bucs4242
Rookie

Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Bucs fan, comments and questions

Like Rod Marinelli and Joe Barry you guys should feel excited and proud about having those 2 men in charge of things like they are.

Forget anything else you here. The Dewayne WHite signing was great. I am upset the BUcs didnt keep him. All he does is make plays. blocked kicks on ST. He gets sacks, FF, FR, tipped balls and for those that dont know (probably most of you) he absolutely dominated Walter JOnes in week 17 last season. I mean it was a spectacle. Some Bucs fans sugar coat this mistake made by the organization by saying you guys overpaid, White wasnt even good enough to take Greg Spires job the past 2 years, and that White lacks the baility to be a top pass rusher. None of it true. Guy makes plays, and Rod and Joe knew exactly what they were doing. I am pszd that the BUcs are keeping Simeon Rice''s overpaid, overrated, ageing azz and let WHite walk.

Trust me, you guys will be thrilled 9 motnhs from now that you stayed far away from Rice and signed WHite to the long term deal

I am normally a Gruden fan too. Actually most people I know call me a Gruden apologist because of the wide spread hatred for Gruden in Tampa and my ability to argue in Grudens corner. So I can unbiasedly say, Gruden screwed the pooch here and Monte Kiffin should also be held acocuntable for letting WHite walk
Old 03-05-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Bucs4242
Rookie

Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.

A couple other things on White. He was the dirtiest player on a clean image Bucs team. He will hit late, has been accused of twisting ankles under piles and grabbing eyes. I didn't always like his antics, but he is not a thug and it all stemmed from pure passion for the game. It also gave the BUcs a little swagger.

Dewayne WHite is a Louisville alum so whenever Berman and Tom Jackson (also a Louisville alum) do Dewayne White highlights Berman will shout, "With the sack Dewayne WHite, from..." and Jackson will finish the sentence by shouting "...Louisville!"

Ok so now I have a question. Can the Lions still afford to draft Joe Thomas #2? They are paying Jeff Backus a lot to play LT, and if they move him to any othe rposition he will be overpaid. Detroit also drafted Jonathon Scott last year who was a guy with alot of potential at OT who once projected as a 1/2 round pick. And now Detroit has acquired OT George Foster, who admittedly I dont know much about.

This all effects the BUcs because we now have a shot at Joe Thomas at #4 with recent acquisitions made by Detroit and Cleveland on their OLs
Old 03-05-2007, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure we'll still get Thomas at #2. But I reckon we'll trade down, rather than picking someone (CJ) we don't really need, even though I feel he should be our pick.
We'll probably try to go down to the 5-10 range, pick up gaines adams, patrick willis, something like that.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:22 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

first of all, i would like to thank you for all the input you have gave us, on behalf of the lions fans i can say that we had a good rivalry going back in the day, its a shame it had to disappear. now regarding your question, i think you guys have a great shot at joe thomas. unless something changes in the next month, it sounds like we will be going defense one way or another. now with that being said, if oakland goes russell at 1 we go adams at 2, browns go a.p. at 3, who do u guys get cj or thomas?
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey Bucs4242... thanks for the insight, man. Everyone kept saying how the Lions overpaid... but I disagreed (even without what you said). He's a young player who grew under Marinelli and wanted to play for Marinelli. He knows how hard he has to work and is obviously willing to do it. I like that.

His back-up status also didn't bother me (it's actually a good thing), as he played behind some great ends. I hope that he's hungry to start and prove that HE can dominate and I also hope he learned something from those players.

Cant wait to see him perform... especially next to Rogers-Redding. Fuuuuun fun fun fun.

(About the draft: it seems that the Browns are interested in Joe Thomas... so he may get picked at #3. If the Bucs are serious about getting him - because we aren't - you'd need to trade with Oakland or us. Just my thoughts.)
Old 03-05-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
(About the draft: it seems that the Browns are interested in Joe Thomas... so he may get picked at #3. If the Bucs are serious about getting him - because we aren't - you'd need to trade with Oakland or us. Just my thoughts.)
I'm guessing that thought is a wish ;).

I like the browns to take AD, their running game was pathetic last year. Even though one could contest that you could blame that on the fact their O-line was awful as well.

But since we're asking questions: let's say that it goes down like this:
Raiders - JR
Lions - Adams/Quinn/Trade down (not the point!)
Browns - AD

That would mean the bucs have a choice between Joe Thomas and Calvin Johnson, talk about a luxury problem O_O. Who would they take? Who's their daddy?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I'm guessing that thought is a wish ;).

I like the browns to take AD, their running game was pathetic last year. Even though one could contest that you could blame that on the fact their O-line was awful as well.

But since we're asking questions: let's say that it goes down like this:
Raiders - JR
Lions - Adams/Quinn/Trade down (not the point!)
Browns - AD

That would mean the bucs have a choice between Joe Thomas and Calvin Johnson, talk about a luxury problem O_O. Who would they take? Who's their daddy?
Between Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas for the Bucs, I think i'd go with CJ. They've got the Cadillac in place, and drafted Davin Joseph and Jeremy Trueblood last year. If they wanted to go line, they should do it in round 2. CJ will be a beast, and a great option for whoever will be the Bucs QB.

(I forgot about the Eric Steinbach signing... the Browns should definately take Quinn, if available. If not, Peterson should be the pick.)
Old 03-05-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
(I forgot about the Eric Steinbach signing... the Browns should definately take Quinn, if available. If not, Peterson should be the pick.)
I'm not getting the logic in that. Steinbach isn't a running back is he? How does his signing make the browns definately a taker for Quinn. I like Quinn, but... I'm just not seeing the logic here.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not getting the logic in that. Steinbach isn't a running back is he? How does his signing make the browns definately a taker for Quinn. I like Quinn, but... I'm just not seeing the logic here.
I WAS saying JThomas... but forgot about Steinbach. Bentley was signed last year (but was hurt), and they grabbed Steinbach this year. Droughns can be a solid RB, but Quinn is perfect for that situation. Braylon Edwards - Kellen Winslow - Brady Quinn... the makings of a great offense.

With an improved OLine and an improved passing offense, the running game will come around. Get a stud QB that can get the ball to those first round playmakers... talk about a passing attack.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I WAS saying JThomas... but forgot about Steinbach. Bentley was signed last year (but was hurt), and they grabbed Steinbach this year. Droughns can be a solid RB, but Quinn is perfect for that situation. Braylon Edwards - Kellen Winslow - Brady Quinn... the makings of a great offense.

With an improved OLine and an improved passing offense, the running game will come around. Get a stud QB that can get the ball to those first round playmakers... talk about a passing attack.
Would be great. But aren't the Browns still hoping/praying Charlie Frye becomes their franchise QB?

Quinn would be extatic if he was drafted by the Browns, being from Ohio and all.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hometown kid i think this will be the likely pick for them it'll come down to quinn or ap. i think tatical is right, tampa should jump at cj, clayton had a somewhat sophmore slump hes a freak cj is amazingly talented. which means.................. i

if we dont trade down with arizona, they are still gonna land Joe thomas ne ways. :( i want to see us trade with them i dont wanna see the player they are interested in being there at their original pick!!!
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul View Post
hometown kid i think this will be the likely pick for them it'll come down to quinn or ap. i think tatical is right, tampa should jump at cj, clayton had a somewhat sophmore slump hes a freak cj is amazingly talented. which means.................. i

if we dont trade down with arizona, they are still gonna land Joe thomas ne ways. :( i want to see us trade with them i dont wanna see the player they are interested in being there at their original pick!!!
Yeah, I think Quinn would be too much of a temptation (potential Franchise QB, hometown kid, marketing value is HUGE)

And about that pick... well, life sucks sometimes. There's still other takers, Teams that want CJ could still be wanting to trade up, like the Falcons, or even a team looking for another player than CJ, like the Dolphins (for BQ)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want quinn if we dont trade down, but i'm deinately hoping for a trade down!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
I want quinn if we dont trade down, but i'm deinately hoping for a trade down!!!
'we' the lions or 'we' the browns?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
'we' the lions or 'we' the browns?
I think he means "we" the "Lions".
Old 03-05-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think he means "we" the "Lions".
Yeah. I read his name again and noticed it said 'leo'.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah. I read his name again and noticed it said 'leo'.
Leo? The dinosaur?

I don't get it.

JOKES! (Even bad ones...) They never end!
Old 03-05-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Leo? The dinosaur?

I don't get it.

JOKES! (Even bad ones...) They never end!
No, not the dinosaur. Don't you Americans have that Milka chocolate-cookie-waffle-thingy? Well we do. And it's not a pleasant thing to eat, I assure you.

But you see it's Leo -> Milka -> Cow -> Lion (Lions eat cows, or at least, they do in my universe) -> Lions.

AND: Leo -> Milka -> Cow -> Bull -> Lamborghini (their logo is a Bull) -> Cars -> Detroit.

Leo means Detroit Lions.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-05-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Bucs4242
Rookie

The Bucs have to take Joe THomas if he is available. I went to school in Illinois this past fall and saw a lot of BIg 10 football and the BUcs cant pass on Joe THomas.

I know this might be hard for Lions fans to grasp, or maybe not, but the BUcs have 'NEVER' had a good OL. NEVER. In 30 years we have had almost no OLmen worth a damn. So when you have the ability to draft the greatest OLmen to ever play for your franchise in 30 years, you have to take him.

Calvin JOhnson is amazing, but the smart pick for Tampa is to draft Joe Thomas. Calvin Johnson is a once in a decade prospect, and for the BUcs Joe Thomas is a once in 30 years prospect.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs4242 View Post

I know this might be hard for Lions fans to grasp, or maybe not, but the BUcs have 'NEVER' had a good OL. NEVER.
Lions fans unformiliar with bad O-line...

funny man.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Last edited by Addict : 03-05-2007 at 02:46 PM.