Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 01-26-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.
Default Real Need???

I must say this upfront I am not a 'skins fan.. I am a Ravens fan but I live in NoVa and all I hear and see are 'skins fans...

What is the real need according to the fans that you need to get the team back to a world class standard??

Is it a GM?

Is it a QB?

Is it a seasoned coaching staff around the players?

Do you have the pieces there now??

A new owner?

what is everyones thoughts?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

In my opinion, consistency. At every level.

Snyder is a fan at heart and you can tell he would love to have a Superbowl win. He dishes out the money because he cares. I'm not sure Ceratto is the best evaluator of talent we could have, but a lot of things do get pinned on him unnecessarily.

I think after this season though, we'll find out if Campbell is our man. He isn't Zorn's handpicked QB, so I don't see why he should have too much allegiance to him if he can't produce fairly soon.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need pass rush big time. As well as Oline help across the board. Any other position is just a luxury pick at this point.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah a DT who collapse the pocket will make us much much better. a young cornelius.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Red_BearSkins
Rookie

Red_BearSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The more I think about it, the more I see Peria Jerry being a good fit instead of BJ Raji. Even if Peria Jerry will be 25 years old come draft or season (one of the two), he's a DT that works hard, collapses the pocket, and has some pass-rushing moves.

BJ Raji got WORKED by the 3rd best center in the Senior Bowl. Everyone has an off game, but the best players are supposed to excel in pressure situations.

----------------
As for what the Skins need to do to get back on top. We actually have some pieces that can get there already (assuming a good draft to round out some needs, DT, o-line)

2nd year of the West Coast Offense, everyone should be comfortable with it, the rookies Kelly and Thomas should know what they're supposed to do and see playing time. Ocho Cinco went from no-one to pro-bowl in his 2nd season. It's not likely for something that big to happen, but we have up and coming young talent at receiver. If Kelly and Thomas combined have as many yards and TD's that Ocho Cinco had, that would immediately upgrade our offense's output. We'd be better than 9-7 just because of that.
Red_BearSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i definetly agree, i like peria jerry and senderrick marks more than raji just cause they would help out with collapsing the pocket and getting pressure, but then i like raji more cause he would clog things up and help out with those late 4th quarter drives that killed us.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Those picks would help but the organization as a whole has lost something.. they have somehow gotten a stigma like the Yankees in the last decade. I used to be a Redskins fan... but they turned into something that lacks respect other then the fan base they have... the redskins have some of the best fans in the world in any sport.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I mean there's holes on this team just like any other team in the league. But in the end it comes back to the Owner/GM. Your franchise will not have sustained success without great people at the top of it. That is the real problem with the Skins and has been for years.

Snyder - the only good thing about the guy is that he is willing to spend money. Other than that, he's a grade A asshole. He charges fans out the ass for every single thing. Parking, tickets, merchandise, etc...all cost a freaking fortune. You can't take your family to the games nowadays. Snyder has pushed away all the die hards from coming to games and now it is a wine and cheese crowd for the most part. Obviously, this lessens your advantage at home.

Cerrato - He's Snyder's boy so really its on him in the end but still, this guy hasn't proven anything to me yet. 3 pass catchers in the 2nd round last year? Trading away draft picks all the time. J. Taylor for a 2nd rounder? Disgusting move. I mean just look at the roster and how its built. Only the front office to blame for the lack of talent/youth on this team...especially on the lines.

It boils down to an ignorant front office and a prick of an owner for me. If Snyder hires a decent GM to run the team, than I can live with him as owner. Besides that happening, I can't see this team ever truly competing with Snyder/Cerrato combo.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Yea I mean there's holes on this team just like any other team in the league. But in the end it comes back to the Owner/GM. Your franchise will not have sustained success without great people at the top of it. That is the real problem with the Skins and has been for years.

Snyder - the only good thing about the guy is that he is willing to spend money. Other than that, he's a grade A asshole. He charges fans out the ass for every single thing. Parking, tickets, merchandise, etc...all cost a freaking fortune. You can't take your family to the games nowadays. Snyder has pushed away all the die hards from coming to games and now it is a wine and cheese crowd for the most part. Obviously, this lessens your advantage at home.

Cerrato - He's Snyder's boy so really its on him in the end but still, this guy hasn't proven anything to me yet. 3 pass catchers in the 2nd round last year? Trading away draft picks all the time. J. Taylor for a 2nd rounder? Disgusting move. I mean just look at the roster and how its built. Only the front office to blame for the lack of talent/youth on this team...especially on the lines.

It boils down to an ignorant front office and a prick of an owner for me. If Snyder hires a decent GM to run the team, than I can live with him as owner. Besides that happening, I can't see this team ever truly competing with Snyder/Cerrato combo.
You nailed it. I seriously doubt the Skins will be consistent contenders much less SB champs under the current ownership/management structure. One or both need to change, preferably both. As a life long Skins fan I fan this totally disheartening.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
RedskinNation

I think the Skins need a new owner more than anything. Since that wont be happening anytime soon I think the Skins just need time to improve and mature. Cerrato isnt that good but im hoping Zorn can improve on a up and down 1st season as Head Coach and Vinny can try to build the offensive and defensive lines and fill our hole at OLB.

I dont think this team is far off but if we dont get the pieces we need or the team doesnt build together around Zorn we could be in trouble. If we can actually have some health along the offensive line while also developing young talent we could have real success in 2009. The Skins have pieces on both sides of the ball and if they could of just scored some more points in the 2nd half we would of made the playoffs.

If the Skins can fill some holes and start building through the draft more we can be a contender soon. If im Cerrato I trade down and get more picks in this years Draft and hopefully he can maybe bring in a FA or 2 who can fill positions of need. (I think a 3rd down back with some speed and a new KR/PR would also help bring more points to DC.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_BearSkins View Post
The more I think about it, the more I see Peria Jerry being a good fit instead of BJ Raji. Even if Peria Jerry will be 25 years old come draft or season (one of the two), he's a DT that works hard, collapses the pocket, and has some pass-rushing moves.

BJ Raji got WORKED by the 3rd best center in the Senior Bowl. Everyone has an off game, but the best players are supposed to excel in pressure situations.
I dont understand the love with Raji alot of people have over Peria Jerry. Jerry is a straight up beast who can stuff the run and rush the passer. I think when its all said and done he can be one of the best players to come out of the draft this year.

I wouldnt be shocked though if Eric Wood ends up sneaking into the 1st round. That Senior Bowl performance I think increased his stock alot.