Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
It's only terrible if you're not smart enough to look at the whole situation. I don't care if he was 1 or 2% above other QB's. I mean, it's 1 or 2% lol.... Asking a 39 year old, 17 year vet to throw 522 passes for a team that plays so many cold weather games is too much. The Jets got what they asked for. Farve playing poorly at the end of the season was no surprise at all.
Ugh.. The ignorance of Stats.

If Person A tells you they're only going to increase the deficit 3-4% you're like "Big friggin' deal".

When they explain that 3-4% increase is 120 Billion Dollars....

120 Billion dollars sounds way more significant than a minute percentage no?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Ugh.. The ignorance of Stats.

If Person A tells you they're only going to increase the deficit 3-4% you're like "Big friggin' deal".

When they explain that 3-4% increase is 120 Billion Dollars....

120 Billion dollars sounds way more significant than a minute percentage no?
I don't want to argue semantics here, but this doesn't really mean anything. Actually, I'm not sure I even understand it. It might possibly be the worst analogy I've ever seen. If you have a 4% deficit of one hundred and twenty billion dollars, that means you have already paid a balance of two trillion four hundred billion. I fail to see how 120 billion dollars is in any way significant by comparison.

Honestly, I don't really get why people cry whenever someone uses stats in their argument. We're all aware that they don't tell the whole story, but most of us are impartial enough to use them as a nice foundation to build an argument around.

It's better than saying "oh hey, I watched every game this year so my opinion on this player is absolute". Personally, I like stats; stats are at least facts.

Anyways, not trying to call you out or pick on you or anything - just trying putting my opinion out there :)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:12 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The point is, Brett isn't at MVP or near MVP form and is never, ever likely to be again. Not only that but he is nearly 40 and no matter if he plays one or two more years he's never going to take another team to a superbowl and he's never going to be as vibrant as a younger QB.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Brett. Even though he has pissed me off beyond belief over the years I always loved watching him. He needs to retire because otherwise he will take a big hit from a DE and break his leg.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Renounce who's existance? See what I did there? Oh yes.

PKing's. He is dead to me!
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I thought somehow he was gonna be a FA? The Jets think he needs surgery, not sure if he could pass a physical anyway with that thing on his bicep, whatever it is.

But yeah, he pretty much conceded that teams don't want just a one year player, especially at the quarterback position where you can hinder another guy's development, so i doubt he plays anywhere other than in New York next season, if that.
Ding ding ding. To bad that is exactly what the Jets got!! At least we didn't make the playoffs, so it is only a 3rd, not a 2nd.

yes, the Jets would owe the Packers considerable picks if they traded within the Packers division.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With his salary I can't see any team wanting him. If he returned to the Jets I'd expect them to try to trade him, get no offers and than release him.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
PKing's. He is dead to me!
You ruined my attempt at a joke /sad face

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You ruined my attempt at a joke /sad face
Sorry :( :(
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Sorry :( :(
You ruin EVERYTHING!!!!!!!1111

I want to do my best Favre in impression there but I cant be that big of a whiner.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

Why is Woody Johnson publically involved?

He is getting Jerry Jones-ish.
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I don't want to argue semantics here, but this doesn't really mean anything. Actually, I'm not sure I even understand it. It might possibly be the worst analogy I've ever seen. If you have a 4% deficit of one hundred and twenty billion dollars, that means you have already paid a balance of two trillion four hundred billion. I fail to see how 120 billion dollars is in any way significant by comparison.

Honestly, I don't really get why people cry whenever someone uses stats in their argument. We're all aware that they don't tell the whole story, but most of us are impartial enough to use them as a nice foundation to build an argument around.

It's better than saying "oh hey, I watched every game this year so my opinion on this player is absolute". Personally, I like stats; stats are at least facts.

Anyways, not trying to call you out or pick on you or anything - just trying putting my opinion out there :)
That wasn't my point.. it was the manipulation available through stats.

Halsey said
Quote:
I don't care if he was 1 or 2% above other QB's. I mean, it's 1 or 2% lol
1 or 2% above other QB's might be more significant than it sounds because actual #'s versus the %'s are ways to manipulate stats to aid an argument... or to blow them off as insignificant when it could be a significant amount.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could've swore it was an incentive that the Jets owed the Packers like 3 first round picks or something like that if they traded Favre to the Vikings or an NFC North team. If Favre isn't a Jet next year I expect him to be a retired Jet.