Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin

Fitzgerald is the definition of a classy/team player.
He is willing to restructure his contract to ensure that Boldin stays a Cardinal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me like Larry Fitzgerald even more.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I learn about Larry Fitzgerald the more I like him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's good to see that possibly happen. As it would be awesome to see these two play together for a really long time, something that you don't see a lot anymore.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry just let him go play somewhere in the AFC.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

isnt a classy/team player....>

No?

Ok good, excellent idea by Fitz. He's becoming the anti-TO/CJ. Great play and a great teammate.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Larry Fitzgerald the definition of a class act?

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Urlacher said he would do this to help keep Briggs. Good thing he didnt have too.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fitz has always been one of my faves since I first saw him at Pitt. It truly shows how much he cares about the team, because for his own personal legend it would benefit him to be the man but he saw Chris Carter and Randy Moss and knows how much better this team would be with Q there. Fitz lets Q act like the star but he in fact is the star. Takes nothing away from Q as I think he is a top 5 WR in the NFL in his own right. For me lots of fringe guys but Q, Fitz, and AJ are the 3 elite WR's in the NFL.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish every player thought like Fitz... He seems like a great guy and a great teammate.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Urlacher said he would do this to help keep Briggs. Good thing he didnt have too.
Tom Brady did the same a few years ago with the promise they would get him some better weapons on offense.

I like like the players who do these things. What can you do with 12 million a year that you couldnt with 10 million a year AND getting to keep a very talented teammate? (those numbers are just made up for an example...)
Old 01-28-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mooch can't handle Prime and Sapp. His demeanor is so different its hilarious. Its like a business man trying to hang with a pimp, its not going to work cause the business man can't do **** lol.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Classy move for sure, part of me thinks he won't exactly lose financially because of it though.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Didn't he just ask for a raise?

Fitz is a good guy for doing this, hopefully he doesn't want a raise later on.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, restructuring doesn't equate to taking any less money overall.

Money btw in the form of a 4-year, $40M contract that Fitzgerald and his agent(s) essentially held the franchise hostage for last season.

In fact, Fitzgerald actually didn't say the exact word of restructuring himself, as Rotoworld explains when they had a chance to speak with him. And unless there's a major roster bonus to convert to a signing bonus, to prorate over the remaining life of his contract and make more cap room, there's little to no chance of any restructing.

Don't get me wrong, I love Fitz. He's been my #1 WR in the league way before his historic postseason run. But call it like it is, plus what's he supposed to say to the media about his teammate, right before the Super Bowl?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is a very thoughtful gesture by Fitzgerald, but it just goes to show how dick the Cardinals FO is treating Boldin. Just pay the man his money. In this game they cut your ass the second you become expendable, so you have to try to make every cent you can. I hope Boldin still demands a trade and signs for what his market value is, not just what they can fit under the cap in Arizona.

It's nice and all, and in an ideal world, things would work out for everyone, but these guys gotta get paid when they can. Fitzgerald shouldn't have to be sacrificing anything at all.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Didn't he just ask for a raise?

Fitz is a good guy for doing this, hopefully he doesn't want a raise later on.
He wanted 1 more year.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I wanna preface by saying that I absolutely love Fitzy and that I think he's a class act as a player. However, as GEO mentioned, he is the same player who held his franchise hostage when it came time to restructure his contract. This is by no fault of his own, because he was just a beast and reached every possible escalator in his rookie contract.

But the thing that this article fails to show is an actual quote of Fitzgerald saying that he will take less money to play. It is all 100% pure speculation on the part of the writer; Fitzy was asked whether he would do something to help his team and teamates and he said yes, but never agreed to take less money or restructure. This is also before he talked with his agent.

I love the guy as a player and he seems so soft-spoken and sincere in interviews, but if the reports were true that he did tossed his girlfriend by her hair across his room, than i would be quite disappointed. I understand they were play fighting and she hit him first, but i just get disappointed when players i like do **** like that.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

A restructure essentially means they cut him a check for the money now that the organization would be paying against the cap later.

I mean he's a good guy, but don't act like he's not getting paid.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he was being literal as he was making a statement. He's saying he values having Quan on the team and playing across from him more than the amount of money he's being given. Whether he means that or not, I dunno. Kinda hard to think he'd approach the FO and volunteer to give up some of the money that was just given to him after fighting for it for so long.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

Fitzgeralds contract is unique though, there is not a whole lot he can do to "re-structure" his contract because of the massive escalators and bonus's that were due to him he signed a 4 year 40 million dollar contract with 30 million guaranteed. The max amount he could save the contract would be 2.5 million against the cap and i doubt he would be willing to forego his entire base salary so although a nice gesture it wont have any impact on the retention of Boldin.
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...51#post1459551

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geo is right. I sort of doubt that Fitzgerald isn't going to get every cent Arizona has promised him, they'll just sneak it through on a roster bonus and mange Boldin's contract right so they don't get screwed. And it isn't like Fitzgerald doesn't have motivation to keep Boldin around. Anquan makes his life easier.

I don't want to talk on hearsay, but before everyone jumps on the Fitzgerald Love Bus, I've heard stories about his interactions off the football field that speak to a certain level of arrogance. I don't know exactly how true they are, but I trust them somewhat.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

It will be sad to watch the two of them wither away in the football desert that is Arizona as they search for a QB for next few decades...
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:16 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Classy move for sure, part of me thinks he won't exactly lose financially because of it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
First off, restructuring doesn't equate to taking any less money overall.

Money btw in the form of a 4-year, $40M contract that Fitzgerald and his agent(s) essentially held the franchise hostage for last season.

In fact, Fitzgerald actually didn't say the exact word of restructuring himself, as Rotoworld explains when they had a chance to speak with him. And unless there's a major roster bonus to convert to a signing bonus, to prorate over the remaining life of his contract and make more cap room, there's little to no chance of any restructing.

Don't get me wrong, I love Fitz. He's been my #1 WR in the league way before his historic postseason run. But call it like it is, plus what's he supposed to say to the media about his teammate, right before the Super Bowl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
A restructure essentially means they cut him a check for the money now that the organization would be paying against the cap later.

I mean he's a good guy, but don't act like he's not getting paid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Geo is right. I sort of doubt that Fitzgerald isn't going to get every cent Arizona has promised him, they'll just sneak it through on a roster bonus and mange Boldin's contract right so they don't get screwed. And it isn't like Fitzgerald doesn't have motivation to keep Boldin around. Anquan makes his life easier.

I don't want to talk on hearsay, but before everyone jumps on the Fitzgerald Love Bus, I've heard stories about his interactions off the football field that speak to a certain level of arrogance. I don't know exactly how true they are, but I trust them somewhat.
This. The cards should be in great shape, they have more than what, 40 million in cap space, I don't know how much more this is going to create. Boldin should get his, Warner should get his, and the Cards can still be aggressive in free agency.

Also, restructuring =/= less money.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote